What we do

slush

Question

Releases of MTA software are highly anticipated by many. We've grown since we've started, and one can only think that it only gets better from here. We also respect the community and appreciate the comments and support you give us (good and bad... it pushes us to do better).

Most of us developers in MTA don't have BMW's or Hummers. In fact, none of us do (I don't even have a car anymore, and i'm 20). We also have binding occupations such as work, school, etcetera. But we still devote our free time to combine our creative minds together to produce MTA.

This is what the subject of this thread is. We're growing tired of the constant nagging and cheat making.

Like i stated earlier, we do not get paid. We are aware of the flaws in our software, and keep trying to do our best to fix them (although it is hard on the current core technology). So please don't be disrespectful and try to make "demands" at us. Most of the time we ignore those, anyway.

And for the biggest part, cheat making. Look, i'll get straight to the point here. We simply cannot devote enough time to stop these. What you've made us come down to now is face two decisions: stop releasing new versions of our software, or spend extra time researching and developing anticheating methods. So far, we've chosen the latter. But do realize that as such new versions will take about fifty percent longer to create. All because of the arrogance of a few.

And to those few: don't think hex editing or depacking our software makes you a programmer, or anything for that matter. It is a fairly trivial process, and you can be rest assured in the future it will definately not be that easy.

The software based on the 0.4 core will be a revolutionary release for MTA.

-slush & the Multi Theft Auto Team.

Edited by Guest
  • Answers 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

As an extension to what slush has said and the entire MTA Team has thought, we just want to convey our frustrations to our community.

We pour a lot of time and hard work into this mod as a side project, and it really is a sad place when a few (yes, it truly is only a few) people try to ruin it for everyone else. But, I guess in the end, isn't this life? Their are always a few arrogant and ignorant people in the world that try to stand out and benefit themselves by degrading others.

It is a sad place and we are really becoming frustrated to a point beyond recognition. People complain that are snappy, quick to judge, hard on "noobs", well, try to understand where we are coming from and maybe you will see why we react the way we do. This in no way justifies some of our actions, but hopefully it allows you to relate with where we come from and the problems we face.

We truly do hope the new core revolutionalizes the way the MTA Community thinks and plays, and we also hope that the MTA Community understands the state of hiberation (Research & Development) that many teams members will be entering very soon.

We hope the community truly does appreciate what we are trying to do and hopefully the community will help us fight back against those trying to ruin the game, the FREE game, that we are trying to provide.

An old saying, help us help you.

Down with the cheaters! They have done way more damage than you might think. They have caused the so-called "community" to turn on itself. People in game constantly accuse each other of cheating, and because everyone knows cheaters are out there, nobody trusts each other. Instead of hearing "nice shot" or "good fight" like I used to hear a long time ago, I hear "you cheat!" and "cheater!" and "ban him!". I hope that this 0.4 release fixes that.

Am down with that and i can wait for 0.4 core release. But soon as gtat .5 comes out all the cheaters might be heading over there (hopefully :D ) Well have fun researching MTA Team. The master ban list is a good idea and hopefully it works againts cheats/cheaters but don't put all your resource into one idea, experiment with other ideas ect. software. :roll:

I played for hours on end last night and I don't remember any cheaters. (Maybe I blocked them out). I have taken a few cheater accusers aside and told them about lag and I heard less of that. The one or two guys to always cry cheater when they die are ostrocized for the most part. I know cheaters exist but from my point of view at least. All is well in Vice City. Agressive, but fair offiicial admins (which I would love to be) make all the difference when the arrogant cheaters come around.

This version is a little different too, There are people I would have sweared were cheaters but they were not. I just had not figured out how to kill them. I have now but I don't want to spread the word :lol: .

Ah what the hell

When someone stands forever shooting and can't be scratched get away. Wait for them to run then hit them, works most times.

Thank you MTA team.

Even if you stop your good work you have given us more than we deserved and it is completely understandable. But, there are far more people behind you than against you and we all appreciate your work.

Normally these posts end with a suggestion or something that ruins the whole thing. i.e. "do it better next time" or some crap like that. Not here :lol:

thanks,

kfg

Even if you stop your good work you have given us more than we deserved and it is completely understandable. But, there are far more people behind you than against you and we all appreciate your work.

As harsh as it sounds I'd have to agree with that. Personally I see all this modding and cheating the same as destroying a persons painting they worked so hard on.

I live to die, and die to live so to speak, without the dieing part, I fail to see how it's even worth your time to play, but maybe I don't think obstractly enough.

But I say THANK YOU for bringing to reality one of the most potent wishes gaming has ever seen.

i understand the difficulties and hard-ships of program making... those little fuc[censoreds]'s dont understand.... the people that are putting in STUPID ideas.. like pedestrian NPC'S are just F[censored]off's... u know?

i must agree though.. i remember the OLD.. OOOLLDDD days that people used to say... "good fight", "good job", "wanna go again?".. and now u hear... "f[censored] you!!!", f®uckin cheater!!!", "stupid hacker", etc.

I wanna slap those stupid little freakholes!!!! :D:):wink::roll::?:x:evil::twisted:

Well, so far good responses... think ill add my timbit ( HA! timbit! get it? no of course you dont!)

I've been here a long, long... VERY long time, and I'm pretty sure there are people who wish i wasnt here for so long, but I've noticed things in mta, Back in the day, when Everyone was a noob, when it almoost never worked, those were the days back then the game was so buggy, theres NO POSSIBLE WAY to cheat, it wouldnt amtter anyway because once you hit another car it'd crash (good old gta3 mta .2) but nowadays, things have changed so much, theres a community now, there's a "regulars" bunch that consist more of 5 people, there are actual gangs that are known for something they do more or better then most gangs, for a while, there was harmony amongst everyone.... for a while.

Then it started to break down, fast. there were first scabbles between gangs, (the old vcp (I say old because theive changed) and other gangs I name vcp cause their the only one left! go vcp ;) ) then ingang scabbles, and flames, at a point personnally I though the only answer was ot dump the whole gangs section, Lucky everyone I didnt have the power to do that (yet! ;) ) but then the forum mods began to understand those fights a bit more and began to deal with them, if not properly, close enough, and we began to be able to control the gangs a bit, and then things settled down a bit, but then the unthinkable happened, the thing no one wanted, Cheats were created, at first not many, and at tht time there wasnt so many people, if you played regularly enough you'd practically know everyone type thing... but the community got bigger, and grew, and we began to looose control of it, the cheaters became many and lamers and n00bs who couldnt possibly think it was lag... and there was chaos, and there sbeen a sort of chaos ever since, as kungfu said, the community turned on itself... it's been falling apart from the inside... and through all this, the people who got the worst of all these things. were the devs...

the devs who worked ENDLESSLY for us, who slaved to get that code working properly so we could enjoy it, now as for most who hang in the irc, the "regs" most of us know this, and we understadn what the team does and why they do it (most), but then, there comes those lamers who come here and say mta sucks its so fucking laggy and they dont know SHIT! they've done fuck all to find out why its so buggy, they have no clue how hard it is, and they went and they insulted the mta dev team whos done nothing but GOOD ffor those people, if this were a religion that'd be a sin. then we get those gtat fuck enthusiatst who come here and post things like Gtat can do this and gtat when they will relaese it gtat will pwn mta.. you know what I say to those people? FU CK YOU! Mta is out NOw working NOW! thats more then the "mighty" gtat can say at the moment!

Now I know this is mostly rantings and ravings I've been wanting to let out for a while (how enjoyable!) and for those who read this thanks ;) sorry for the typos and improper english, its me so neh

In my closing though, I'd like to say this, IF you consider creators out there like vavle or sierra or whoever makde your favorite games "gods" of sort (gaming gods) then you must consider This people, the mta dev team saints. So be thankful we have them here now, because they wont always be here for us...

And for the biggest part, cheat making. Look, i'll get straight to the point here. We simply cannot devote enough time to stop these. What you've made us come down to now is face two decisions: stop releasing new versions of our software, or spend extra time researching and developing anticheating methods.

I think you should reach out to the community more, if you say that you can't handle spreading the development into other areas. I'm sure that there are some crazy nutters out there that could help you with the anti cheating side.

Though in a way , I am grateful for the MTA team for brining a version that was so easily cracked, and because of that its exposed me more into the gaming world.

Eg: Graphics, modding, map building, cfgs, that I never even bothered to look at. My gaming experience will be changed forever.

So I say thankyou :lol::lol:

Though in a way , I am grateful for the MTA team for brining a version that was so easily cracked, and because of that its exposed me more into the gaming world.

Exposed as a cheater, wow, that is something I want to be as well. Oh, can I, will you, oh oh. Although even bad press is good press, there is still a line of being a person that is known for good, and those whom are known for bad.

You my friend, are an idiot.

You should just make a cheaters block in the install file... You know, something like a message query. "What is 2+3?". I mean those dumb cheating f*cks wouldn't know how to answer such a complex question. Not with all that sh*t in their heads.

The problem isn't the MTA team. Not at all. The problem is us. The gamers. the players. the users. the whiners. the cheaters. I mean, as far as the MTA team know, we're all cheaters.

The point is that the majority of the people who cheat are people who doesn't get how things work. People who cheat are either:

*"n00bs" (people who never managed to frag anyone ever, so they resolve to cheating, only so they can screenshot the scoreboard, and show it to all the other loser n00bs. They rearly speak, and when they do, it's sounds a little like "OMG!!11LOL!!!" only less sophisticated)

*"pricks" (people who are 14 years and younger, who doesn't understand english nor the value of anything or anyone. When they speak, they usually speak some kind of gibberish nobody understands)

*"assholes" (People who don't care. They just want to have a good laugh along with all the other asshole)

*"ignorants" (people who ignore everything and everyone, as long as they get to cheat. These people usually have C: filled up with all kinds of different trainers)

*"dickheads" (people who cheat only so they can laugh at you. You recognize these people by the lol/rofl/lmao message they send after succesfully killing you)

The of course there's the cheater clans. These clans are formed by the N00bs (read above), and consists of one or two dumb f*cks who think they can rule all the MTA servers by joining forces and shooting wildly at everything. They usually accompany eahother where ever they go, and start to whine once they lose track of eachother. Yes, these people are so freakishly stupid they actually need help cheating.

What every cheater has in common is that they all like to have overwhelming power. They don't actually want to learn the game, nor join the community, they just want to ruin it for everyone. They don't care about MTA's future. This is really sad, and I can't imagine anyone ever wanting to ruin this game.

You have to get your message out there! Do something to get cheaters to listen. I pretty sure most of the cheaters aren't hanging around on this forum...

Anyway, I'm sure there's something we can do to help (by saying "we" I mean all the anti-cheaters). Just ask if there's anything we could do. I really want this to work out...

By the way, great work guys! :)

Probably the easiest way of dealing with this would be to make a small change to ASE that shows when a server has an active admin present. That way you know that someone is overseeing what is happening. If someone starts cheating then they'll get kicked- simple as. It's not hard in IRC to find out someones IP address to ban their computer completely (at least until they d/c connect).

If all else fails, use NeoTrace to find out their home address from the IP address and we can all go round and firebomb their house!

That said, a cheater only ever seems to cheat when there is an audience- they want to show off basically. If you get a known cheater causing hassle then just move to another server there are plenty of them. You can even pm the other decent players on the current server with /msg so you can arrange the move without the cheaters knowledge.

[VCP]Deckard

Proud member of the Vice City Police Dept.

[VCP]Deckard

The simple fact is, cheaters DO prosper in the gaming world. And alongside that, the cheating will never stop. Hackers won't die. Instead they multiply, distributing their latest hackedup trainers to every newbie and a*hole that can get their hands on it. Not all hackers are "bad". Look at our MTA team. We are nothing more than hackers with a freindly website and a slammin game. Yeah we brought you multiplayer for Grand Theft Auto, but still, we did it by the unofficial tweaking and modifying of the contents of a copyrighted video game. So yeah, not all hacking is bad.

Seeing that hacking/cheating will never stop, we just ask the players to be aware of whats going on. I dont think you want to play a game where someone has a huge unfair advantage over everyone else through cheating. So what can ya do about it? A system will more than likely be in place, if not already, in future versions of mta to remove cheaters. Administrators of the server will have induvidual athourity to kick or ban anyone they feel are breaking rules, just as in an irc chat room. So if it is apparent that someone is cheating, just tell the administrator and let him/her deal with it.

Thats the only humane way to stop cheaters.

oh yeah, we aint getting paid so...

Thank you MTA team your work has allowed me to spend hours enojoying my favorite game in multiplayer, although has made a few assignments late :P.

Not that i cheat or condone cheating. I agree with nearly everything everyone has said here.And to make it clear from the start I have NEVER used a god mode cheat or wepons cheat or anything else that can help me kill ppl (i like a challenge). But what i think that smithy meant was not cheating but modifiying cars,textures etc..

mta also made me explore every aspect of gta from models to map mods(Yes map mods can be used for cheating but if ur doing that u propably have a trainer anyway). Even d/led and started to learn 3DStudio! You can call me a cheat if u think changing car skins or trying to make new ped paths is cheating but there is a difference butween having fun and being a prick.

I have tried to explain this to countless people that are subborn enough to think that any form of deviation from the standard game is a crime and should be punished by blowing up their computer (yes,someone did say that once).

A suggestion to accomdate for everyone is to release 2 versions of the mta game (yes i do know that means more work,but maybe less than making a new anticheat system). One is a version that is completly unchecked, no crc, no trainer dection or anything. The second version would have something(s) built into the depths of the code which make the 2 versions imcompatible with each other. As such people wouldnt bother hacking it anymore as they are given access anyway and they wouldnt be bothering the poeple who want to play normally.

Thats my 2 cents

(if this is not appropriate for this topic , fine move it but at least here the mta devs might see this)