What we do

slush

Question

Releases of MTA software are highly anticipated by many. We've grown since we've started, and one can only think that it only gets better from here. We also respect the community and appreciate the comments and support you give us (good and bad... it pushes us to do better).

Most of us developers in MTA don't have BMW's or Hummers. In fact, none of us do (I don't even have a car anymore, and i'm 20). We also have binding occupations such as work, school, etcetera. But we still devote our free time to combine our creative minds together to produce MTA.

This is what the subject of this thread is. We're growing tired of the constant nagging and cheat making.

Like i stated earlier, we do not get paid. We are aware of the flaws in our software, and keep trying to do our best to fix them (although it is hard on the current core technology). So please don't be disrespectful and try to make "demands" at us. Most of the time we ignore those, anyway.

And for the biggest part, cheat making. Look, i'll get straight to the point here. We simply cannot devote enough time to stop these. What you've made us come down to now is face two decisions: stop releasing new versions of our software, or spend extra time researching and developing anticheating methods. So far, we've chosen the latter. But do realize that as such new versions will take about fifty percent longer to create. All because of the arrogance of a few.

And to those few: don't think hex editing or depacking our software makes you a programmer, or anything for that matter. It is a fairly trivial process, and you can be rest assured in the future it will definately not be that easy.

The software based on the 0.4 core will be a revolutionary release for MTA.

-slush & the Multi Theft Auto Team.

Edited by Guest
  • Answers 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

making everyhting server side would trash every cheat currently used in MTA... Not so hard(well an easy solution, but i dont know how easy to implement). After that the main worry would be aimtbots.

But surely every other online game that works server-side would have no cheats then?

and why dont add in the next version a civilians mode? and can turn off or on, beceause the bots work on lan, or not?

maybe they can work, i definately dont see a problem bandwith-wise if you only put in a couple of AI (especially if its on LAN).

but besides that, it is probably very hard to implement and i guess there just isnt enough demand for this feature. you definately wont see it in the original BLUE, but a 3rd party programmer might make a mod for it.

I have had an idea, i dont know if you think it would work, but i don't think it would become much harder to code.

There is one extra thing needed : A super-server. This super server CRC-checks each server which starts up, beginning & end.

Server stuff

When starting up the server, the server sends information to the super server. The super-server CRC-checks the server to see if it is un-modified, and if all is well, the Super server allows the Server to start up.

The server then CRC-checks any clients that connect. If the Client is un-modified, the server allows the client to connect.

Client stuff

1. Client CRC-check's ALL files in the "Grand Theft Auto Vice City" folder.

2. Client checks for any more than 2 programs running in foreground computer operations (MTA & Vice City). Any other programs would be checked to see if they are trainers or what not.

3. If all is well, the MTA:VC begins.

This is basically a big stem, one program checking another, and the system relies on the CRC-checks to guaruntee if there is no modifications.

There is virtually no way through this system, as if you remove the CRC-check on the client, the server will pick up that there is a modification to the client program, and the super-server will make sure that the CRC for the clients are still in place in the Server.

What do you think :?::roll:

(Ps. Sorry for all the bolding, i used it to make it clearer for me :P)

The client already sends a CRC-checksum to the server, but in the cracked clients, that checksum is either modified, or NOP'ed or whatever they do to crack it.

And the superserver would have to be some sort of supermachine because it would be overloaded in no time...

The Server would stop the hacked clients from logging on, thanks to the CRC-check on the server.

The super-server wouldn't have to be intense; it only recieves a small amount of information from the Game server, then the super-server CRC-check's the Game servers. If all is well, the server is allowed to start-up.

As there is only a relatively small amount of servers, the bandwidth of a server wouldnt be over the top; the CRC-check from the super-server only check's at the beginning of a session (you cant modify the server while its being used - duh).

In truth, the bandwidth used up would be fairly small, and the super-server could be funded by a sponsor.

here's the problem we have with a master server....

we collectively share the view/concept/whatever that MTA will be played by somebody somewhere sometime long after the team has stopped developing.. we'd rather avoid all of that, and yes making a private/insecure option is feasible but we are still in beta anyways, you're testing our software ;-) so this master server even if it existed would need to be coded after we have finalized our base code, which we haven't done yet.

Kent

It says it need a Mtad.scm file why it say that and plz send or anything to me my msn is

You need to re-install MTA and make sure Vice City is ticked during the install, and that youm specify the correct install path. (Usually C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto Vice City\)

oh my gooood!! :cry: I can't read all this posts....thats not my main language :D lol....

anyway...mta team and their work are great!

THIS IS THE ONLY WORD I CAN SAY....GREAT !!!

and remember.....who wants to blame is only a fuckin' noob....i've realized it on italian forums... people who in game are always whinin' and sayin "you are a cheater" etcetera are the only stupid fools that blame about mta...

GOOD WORK GUYS !!! :wink:

I Get Really Fustrated About F***ing Cheaters, they think they play the game sooooo good! To the people who dont cheat, well done, you are good Gamerz, to the people who cheat: SHAME ON YOU! I HOPE YOU ALL DIE!! POINTLESS LITTLE BUGGERS.

If cheaters stop the progress of any future MTA, i will be upset :big4:

to aboy cheaters the best is the "bite" a program that let the server admin know when someone is cheating, it work with every game and its free:

[LINK REMOVED]

<º))))><.·´¯`·.I LOVE FISHES¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

That's one almighty bump you just did, and not even particularly relevant to the thread topic!

EDIT: in fact just fuck off with that link, it has no relationship to the subject whatsoever and is spam of the worst kind, you lying and sneakign around getting peopel to click it under false pretenses makes you a snivveling little rat of a boy.

This might not be relavant no more, but I just wanna say:

"WHO DA F*** WANTS TO CHEAT ANYWAY?"

San Andreas (and all the other GTA games) are games of skill. The whole fun of it is getting a perfect shot on a petrol tank or taking out a guy with seemingly infinite health with a baseball bat. It's not fun when you ruin it for others by cheating.

Thanx,

The Fat Russian

Well, when it comes to cheaters, i return to my previous suggestion, make the agreement say (in some visible places) that using cheating software and stuff can and will damage your files. And if somebody cheats, it'll search for mp3's and jpg's and whack them, or just corrupts the my documents folder with everything in it. Or windows system files, doesn't matter. I'm pretty sure this will scare many potentional cheaters off.

Well, when it comes to cheaters, i return to my previous suggestion, make the agreement say (in some visible places) that using cheating software and stuff can and will damage your files. And if somebody cheats, it'll search for mp3's and jpg's and whack them, or just corrupts the my documents folder with everything in it. Or windows system files, doesn't matter. I'm pretty sure this will scare many potentional cheaters off.

if you want to talk about how to deal with cheaters, goto Suggestions and look into the "Banning from MTA?" topic, we've discussed alot of stuff there

and purposely damaging files sounds illegal, and would make MTA look bad