8x 16 Slot servers for free! gta-servers.net giveaway!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An update here:

We got our NL node back. The DDoS has been mitigated and all NL servers are working now. However, those of you that were previously on NL and haven't been started yet will be moved to a new DE server for performance reasons.

PM me for any questions you might have.

Banana17: created your server ;)

We have just been hit by another DDoS.

This time the impact was so huge that the router of the rack where our server is located in got totally flooded and couldn't handle the packet load.

We had an incoming traffic of approximately 2Gbit/s.

This is a serious issue. We suppose that there are providers in this region who are trying to take us out.

We will keep NL shutdown as a location until the source of the attacks has been eliminated and appropriate legal actions have been taken.

I suppose not many of you know how expensive mitigating DDoS attacks are, and 2GBit/s is incredibly huge.

Anyone who got a service with us in NL may contact us and we will move you to another location.

No more free servers will be given out.

No offense. But are you capable of reading?

To all of you NL guys...

This 16 Slot server has been received a 600Mbps DDoS attack. We have been nullrouted for that and the service has been suspended for an indefinite time. But we try to get you back online asap.

If this happens again, we will cancel all of these 16 Slot servers, they are non profit and mitigating a DDos is just too costly to give it away. Sorry for that.

And a few posts later..

This time the impact was so huge that the router of the rack where our server is located in got totally flooded and couldn't handle the packet load.

This is a serious issue. We suppose that there are providers in this region who are trying to take us out.

We will keep NL shutdown as a location until the source of the attacks has been eliminated and appropriate legal actions have been taken.

I suppose not many of you know how expensive mitigating DDoS attacks are, and 2GBit/s is incredibly huge.

Anyone who got a service with us in NL may contact us and we will move you to another location.

No update at this point. We have acquired new clean IP addresses. They will be made public once all appropriate steps have been taken to not let this happen again.

Well, Very nice Host, gta-servers.net are a brilliant Host especially when it comes to MTA Hosting! I would recommend this host to any of you people that are looking for a host, Shigawire (Host's Owner) Is a brilliant guy, and helps people most of the time! Servers that are hosted by gta-servers.net are very good, and you shouldn't receive any complaints, lag issues from them! Well done mate, keep up the good work Shigawire! I will look into hosting with this company in the near future, I will check out other hosts and see the differences between them.

Good luck and thank you,

Stryder aka. Izzy

Thanks for your kind words, Stryder!

Glad to have satisfied customers like you.

I know we have been going through some tough days.

In the end it turned out that one particular client directed these DDoS attacks towards our servers.

During the next two days our NL server will return. I will post an update in this thread as soon as we will provide servers in NL again.

hi,

I need a server for my clan really really i need it.

Email:

[email protected]

Location italia

Email : [email protected]

No offense. But are you capable of reading?
To all of you NL guys...

This 16 Slot server has been received a 600Mbps DDoS attack. We have been nullrouted for that and the service has been suspended for an indefinite time. But we try to get you back online asap.

If this happens again, we will cancel all of these 16 Slot servers, they are non profit and mitigating a DDos is just too costly to give it away. Sorry for that.

And a few posts later..

No update at this point. We have acquired new clean IP addresses. They will be made public once all appropriate steps have been taken to not let this happen again.

Hey guys!

There is another anouncement to make:

Our NL servers are back PLUS we have a new Location: Florida, USA!

Check them out here:

https://gta-servers.net/testserver.php

The DDoS attacks were mitigated successfully and we have taken some legal steps against the attackers.

They were hard to find, but we found out who they were.

During the last few weeks we have been growing amazingly fast. Many new satisfied customers joined gta-servers.net and love their new server.

We will give out some more servers now again.

Our capacity has greatly increased, let's fill the servers!

So, let's do it again. Comment on this thread with your favourite location and your email-address and we will set up your 16 Slot server there!

But be warned: No double-posts asking WHEN you will get your server. And please.. Don't forget to add your mail-address.

If you follow these two rules we will be good friends ;)

PS: don't forget to update your server to MTA:SA 1.3.3 in the manager if you got your server before the release of 1.3.3!

All new servers will be v1.3.3 by default, though.

PPS: Ayoub and VLAD-01: Your servers have been set up. Please try to read a little bit more in future.

Branded servers only... :)

I'm sorry but who would actually pay for a branded server?

Well. You get an outstanding service and performance.

Either it is not a problem for you to have your server branded and you will be happy with it.. Or you just don't buy it :)

We are not hunting for profit and we rather decline clients who are that.. let's call it picky.

If you are not okay with it, just don't buy it ;)

The other possibility is to disable this branding. We did this in some individual cases already but in general we would like to see the URL in the servername. This is the best marketing we could get.

@ (JJ): if i remember correctly you had one before the DDoS, right? Then you probably have the old IP address. Please PM me your client-id ;)

@Motorola[sm]: Of course, please PM me your client-id and I will switch you over.

@Raahim: No problem for you, too. Like above, PM me your client-id and I will do this.