MTAMA Problems Thread

Si|ent

i was under the impression that it was that the cpu was being used like 15% or so when mtama is running scripts on a large server, so thats what makes the fps go down.

Ive had this prob for ages. just get used ot it i guess. I also find vc crashed like 5 times more often with mtama running :(... mainly on spawning and on the screens between islands.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so ure saying aeron that MTAMA3.0 will use more cpu power. What about those of us who u know, only have 1 computer... im not gonna go and buy another just for mtama.

Well in MTAMA the admin gets more game data but in MTAMA 2.0 version mIRC did most part of the calculating. That cost CPU power. in 3.0 i put more calculations in the dll itself. and that is 100 faster.

hehe iv got another pc just not network, besides i dont recon its got anything 2 do with the cpu power becz my dad built this pc recently i dalt anything cud b rong hardware wise.

i dont see how this is hardware related. Maybe if the cpu is slow, but otherwise it isnt.

As for mtama I find that it does take more cpu power... if 3.0 is less consuming then thats great :)

Hi...

I saw some prob with MTAMA v2.010.. look on the screenshot below, the red cases...

in background you saw the output of my MTA-iRA tcl, so MTAMA have some probs after lil time running...

mtama_v2.010_bug.gif

and the cpu usage is also one reason why i code such script running on server box, so you dont need 2 pcs :P

found some strange MTAMTA bug:

mtama_v2.010_bug2.gif

i just hit the motd refresh button more times, and still missing the complete motd announce on connect

btw. im using mirc6.14....

found some strange MTAMTA bug:

mtama_v2.010_bug2.gif

i just hit the motd refresh button more times, and still missing the complete motd announce on connect

btw. im using mirc6.14....

The text area can hold only 30.000 characters.

When the log reaches 200 lines it start deleting the first line every new log.

But in some cases the total characters of those 200 lines are more then 30.000 characters, but the text area can only hold 30.000.

So that's why you see cut off lines on the end.

Reducing the log limiet to 150 lines should solve this 'bug'.

Hi There.

I have been trying to get MIRC and MTAMA to work all evening in order to run servers which use gamemodes. However, I just can't get connected to my server using the MTAMA Server Admin tool. This is what has happened so far:

- Using MTAMA version 121 and MIRC 614, whenever I click 'connect' it tells me I'm disconnected and that I have an incompatible version.

- Using MTAMA version 121 and MIRC 612, It just tells me I'm disconnected.

I'm using my correct host IP Address, Admin Port Number and correct password as entered in the mta server config tool.

In the previous post someone suggested that you should alter the 'MTAServer.conf' file. I looked at it and it had the correct details in it. For example, AdminServer 1, AdminPort 2005 (which is the port I always use) without the # before it. I've even tried it with my Firewall Disabled without any luck. What could I be doing wrong? Please help me.

Regards.

Stewart.

Hi There.

I have been trying to get MIRC and MTAMA to work all evening in order to run servers which use gamemodes. However, I just can't get connected to my server using the MTAMA Server Admin tool. This is what has happened so far:

- Using MTAMA version 121 and MIRC 614, whenever I click 'connect' it tells me I'm disconnected and that I have an incompatible version.

- Using MTAMA version 121 and MIRC 612, It just tells me I'm disconnected.

I'm using my correct host IP Address, Admin Port Number and correct password as entered in the mta server config tool.

In the previous post someone suggested that you should alter the 'MTAServer.conf' file. I looked at it and it had the correct details in it. For example, AdminServer 1, AdminPort 2005 (which is the port I always use) without the # before it. I've even tried it with my Firewall Disabled without any luck. What could I be doing wrong? Please help me.

Regards.

Stewart.

Hello Stewart,

You are using MTAMA version 1.21. That is made for MTA 0.2.2 . But version 2.010 is already released. That version is for MTA 0.3 only. Download 2.004 at http://www.mtavc.com/downloads.php?file_id=69 and then it wil auto-update himself to version 2.010 .

Regards,

Aeron

Hi Aeron.

Thanks for that. It works perfectly now with 'mirc614' and the 'mtama2.010' upgrade.

Incidentally, is there a minimum number of players needed on a server before the 'manhunt' script actually starts? If so, how many?

Thanks again for your help Aeron. It is much appreciated.

Regards.

Stewart.

Ok I have a slightly different problem with my mIRC.

I have been an admin on the TmM server for just under a month now, and i was given the MTA:VC 0.3.1 remote server admin 2 do so.

A week later i was wondering y i cudnt run scripts and so on like the other admins cud on our server. They told me I needed mIRC.

I sucessfully installed mIRC and registered it.

I received the following problem:

Using the remote server admin b4 i had no problem with the game whether it ment lag, jog or anything.

Whereas when mIRC was installed and the MTAMA was unzipped into my mIRC folder in program files here is what happened 2 my game:

Mta would start 2 jog meaning making it nearly impossible 2 kill people nevr mind play whilst having fun.I looked at my ping ingame using F11 and it was fine (as normal under 50). Was also the same outgame, so from this i knew it wasnt anything 2 do with my internet.

Me and my good friend TmM_Deejee have spent the last hour or so trying 2 help me solve this annoying problem. Here are some of the things we tried.

1. reinstalled mIRC and MTAMA no luck - :(

2. changed mIRC servers - :(

3. disconnected Mirc server when MTAMA connected - no luck

4 - after letting mirc and mtama connect the game got laggy, and it worked fine when I disconnected mtama.

It is really annoying becz this happens very rarely but sometimes an admin isnt online on the TmM server and people want the scripts running like manhunt etc therefore this wud b impossible 4 me as it wud muck up my game.

Has anyone a suggestion?

Any help wud b very much appreciated.

Here is my msn [email protected]

Thx 4 reading

TmM_Ryan

Did wat duffie sed, and set the priority 2 low, and wullar. My game dosnt jog, 1 problem iv found when some tpes !info it takes a while 2 respond but i can live with this as it is betr than using the other s*** admin client.

Just thought id let u all know as i am v. pleased it runs smoothly. :2gunfire:

• 4 weeks later...

I have got a problem, if i connect to my own server with IRC he says:

"disconnected:user" firewall was off, my own ip doesn't work, 172.0.0.1 doesn't work and 192.168.0.1 doesn't work either.

Who is smart enough to make it work...

Greetzzz,

T66

I have got a problem, if i connect to my own server with IRC he says:

"disconnected:user" firewall was off, my own ip doesn't work, 172.0.0.1 doesn't work and 192.168.0.1 doesn't work either.

Who is smart enough to make it work...

Greetzzz,

T66

If it says "Disconnect: User" You have manually disconnected

This is not a bug. You have:

Clicked the disconnect button OR

have a script running like this:

alias mta.connect {

mta.dis $1

}