MTAMA Problems Thread

Si|ent

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ooh i have the same problem as well as crUshed420, but i can't connect at all!

i've tried connecting using the ip everyone else connects to, haven't tried 127.0.0.1 yet... i'll try it when i get home

are you using the admin port? admin port HAS TO BE different from the normal server port.

• 2 weeks later...

I encounter a litle bug in the MTama program, atleast sure looks lik a bug, when I load a sript in the admin window it kinda freezes that window.

Only way to get rid of the window at that point is to close it with the X, no other button reacts.

In irc when i type /mta (right after I closed the admin window after the crashy thingy) it says something bouth unowd script or somthing. so I have to restart the whole irc stuf and load the scripts again.

to be short, I think (atleast on my pc) mtama version 1.21 crashes when I try to load a script in the admin window using that "scripts" button.

and for some reason it starts manhunt by it self when i just open the admin window.

So I start the admin tool, and minimaze that, and when mtavc is loaded manhunt is allready running, but I didn't start it..:)

so there a 2 problems I encouter when using mtama..

I run windows xp pro (english version)

eehhmm and just normal vice and mta, no mods installed

I encounter a litle bug in the MTama program, atleast sure looks lik a bug, when I load a sript in the admin window it kinda freezes that window.

Only way to get rid of the window at that point is to close it with the X, no other button reacts.

In irc when i type /mta (right after I closed the admin window after the crashy thingy) it says something bouth unowd script or somthing. so I have to restart the whole irc stuf and load the scripts again.

to be short, I think (atleast on my pc) mtama version 1.21 crashes when I try to load a script in the admin window using that "scripts" button.

and for some reason it starts manhunt by it self when i just open the admin window.

So I start the admin tool, and minimaze that, and when mtavc is loaded manhunt is allready running, but I didn't start it..:)

so there a 2 problems I encouter when using mtama..

I run windows xp pro (english version)

eehhmm and just normal vice and mta, no mods installed

1 Dunno whats wrong with the scripts button.

2 You havn't shut down a previous Manhunt game and the variable is still there so it will continue. Use next time "!mh off"

1 Dunno whats wrong with the scripts button.

2 You havn't shut down a previous Manhunt game and the variable is still there so it will continue. Use next time "!mh off"

1 okay then i just live with that bug then

2 I mean when i start up irc for the first time when i power up my pc, and after everything is loaded (including the admin window) I start up mtaVC and when I enter the game as a player i see manhunt has already started. So when you read what I said before you see I mean I just start mtama and mtaVC don't load or start any script, just load he game to enter as a player... to find out manhunt already started.

I already did read the manual before I installed it, so I know how to start and stop scripts....

• 4 weeks later...
Please help!!! I have the same problem with mta admin program.

Its disconnects after 10 minutes and I cant connect to server after that utill reload it. Please give more specific details how to solve this problem.

1. click on options

2. click on Ren. on T/O

1. Buy a good modem

1. Maybe or u got d/c for using to much bandwidth

Please help!!! I have the same problem with mta admin program.

Its disconnects after 10 minutes and I cant connect to server after that utill reload it. Please give more specific details how to solve this problem.

1. click on options

2. click on Ren. on T/O

1. Buy a good modem

1. Maybe or u got d/c for using to much bandwidth

click on Ren. on T/O---doesnt help

DSL, i have a nice modem

i think it smth wrong with ports...

ps dont tell me that admin port must be different from server port i already know it...besides im not running server i just got admin pass and port for it :wink:

plz help!

click on Ren. on T/O---doesnt help

DSL, i have a nice modem

i think it smth wrong with ports...

ps dont tell me that admin port must be different from server port i already know it...besides im not running server i just got admin pass and port for it :wink:

plz help!

Is there any error message in the mIRC status screen?

Could give a clue

got problems with loading scripts

so heres the problem:

i type in //load -rs $+(",$$sfile(*.mrc,Select your mta.mrc),")

and select a script, then i tye /mta but- MTA Unknown command

whats the problem :roll:

Ur sure you didn't loaded a other script called mta.mrC?

Biggest problem I have it that the connection to that MTAMA resets all of the time. This makes it impossible to run timers or sometimes to do anything.

I had all the scripts I want running at once very well but now I must have done something to hose it because only a few of them now work.

I go thru the script but of course I cannot tell what's wrong.I understand that you can't have two of the same actions, you have to join them After each "if" command line you have to have a }? Do spaces matter or spacing matter?

I am going to go back to the root and re add them again because it worked before. but...The main problem is the timeouts or reconnecting every minute. Does anyone get this and could any mIRC settings cause this?

• 1 month later...

Ok I have a slightly different problem with my mIRC.

I have been an admin on the TmM server for just under a month now, and i was given the MTA:VC 0.3.1 remote server admin 2 do so.

A week later i was wondering y i cudnt run scripts and so on like the other admins cud on our server. They told me I needed mIRC.

I sucessfully installed mIRC and registered it.

I received the following problem:

Using the remote server admin b4 i had no problem with the game whether it ment lag, jog or anything.

Whereas when mIRC was installed and the MTAMA was unzipped into my mIRC folder in program files here is what happened 2 my game:

Mta would start 2 jog meaning making it nearly impossible 2 kill people nevr mind play whilst having fun.I looked at my ping ingame using F11 and it was fine (as normal under 50). Was also the same outgame, so from this i knew it wasnt anything 2 do with my internet.

Me and my good friend TmM_Deejee have spent the last hour or so trying 2 help me solve this annoying problem. Here are some of the things we tried.

1. reinstalled mIRC and MTAMA no luck - :(

2. changed mIRC servers - :(

3. disconnected Mirc server when MTAMA connected - no luck

4 - after letting mirc and mtama connect the game got laggy, and it worked fine when I disconnected mtama.

It is really annoying becz this happens very rarely but sometimes an admin isnt online on the TmM server and people want the scripts running like manhunt etc therefore this wud b impossible 4 me as it wud muck up my game.

Has anyone a suggestion?

Any help wud b very much appreciated.

Here is my msn [email protected]

Thx 4 reading

TmM_Ryan

sounds like a memory problem to me, even though mIRC does'nt take much memory for me (2,660 k), how much memory has your computer got?

anyways, heres a few things you can try.

:arrow:taskman.jpg

:arrow: Buy more memory

:arrow: Close processes not needed?

1. reinstalled mIRC and MTAMA no luck - :(

2. changed mIRC servers - :(

3. disconnected Mirc server when MTAMA connected - no luck

4 - after letting mirc and mtama connect the game got laggy, and it worked fine when I disconnected mtama.

1. worth a try...

2. you dont need to be connect to an mIRC server to use MTAMA

3. same.

4. heh, good theory, it lags, get rid of it..... :|

The game lags for me too if I'm playing VC at the time - I've talked with other people and they've had this problem, too.

Your only solution is to either not run MTAMA while you're playing VC, or not play VC while you're running MTAMA... unless someone can provide a fix. :?