MTAMA Problems Thread

Si|ent

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ya i can realize that its just frustrating to be all excited about a new script then being bummed because you cant play it

Why don't you just post the exact problem here, i don't see how you would be getting crc check errors with a un-modified script.

- Dont you have antoher ping kicking script enabled?

- Does the script kick the ppl with the messege ping too high

- Why the hell 800? Dont se it at all at those pings ;)

Oh, and btw, these problems arent MTAMA problems, post them in the GRS thread plz

- Dont you have antoher ping kicking script enabled?

- Does the script kick the ppl with the messege ping too high

- Why the hell 800? Dont se it at all at those pings ;)

Oh, and btw, these problems arent MTAMA problems, post them in the GRS thread plz

- i dont have another pingkicking script

-yes

- i dont know where's the GRS thread

• 1 month later...

Hi all. I'm running mIRC 6.16 and MTAma 3.23. I'm trying to connect to a remote server (admin+). I've set all the General>options needed, and entered the correct details into the right hand pane. Also when I click close (from General>options), then return to options, they need to be selected again/not being saved. Whenever I press Connect, I get nothing at all. Like it's a dead button. Anyone had this?

Btw: It took longer than I thought to read 16 pages of problems ;) Note to self - Take speed reading classes :P

brym

Hi all. I'm running mIRC 6.16 and MTAma 3.23. I'm trying to connect to a remote server (admin+). I've set all the General>options needed, and entered the correct details into the right hand pane. Also when I click close (from General>options), then return to options, they need to be selected again/not being saved. Whenever I press Connect, I get nothing at all. Like it's a dead button. Anyone had this?

Btw: It took longer than I thought to read 16 pages of problems ;) Note to self - Take speed reading classes :P

brym

Did you see something in the "Status window" of mIRC?

Hi Aeron,

Thanks for your quick reply given how busy you are. At the time, all I saw in mIRC was the confirmation message when I loaded mta.mrc. Nothing else. Also the status window inside MTAma was empty the whole time.

I've since restarted my machine though, and it works fine. I think it was a bandwidth consumption problem (i.e. my download at the time not letting enough bw be made available). Out of curiosity, is there a minimum bandwidth amount needed to run MTAma?

Thanks for a great addition Aeron et al :)

brym

Hi Aeron,

Thanks for your quick reply given how busy you are. At the time, all I saw in mIRC was the confirmation message when I loaded mta.mrc. Nothing else. Also the status window inside MTAma was empty the whole time.

I've since restarted my machine though, and it works fine. I think it was a bandwidth consumption problem (i.e. my download at the time not letting enough bw be made available). Out of curiosity, is there a minimum bandwidth amount needed to run MTAma?

Thanks for a great addition Aeron et al :)

brym

Depends to how musch servers you connect, and what the maxiumum players a server has.

56k can handle a 16-player server just fine.

It depends primary on the number and the load of the scripts you are running. Some scripts tend to push the processor load a lot, and you cant play MTA together with running the MTAMA scripts. But just try, you'll see.

hey im haveing trouble..... when i first downloaded the mIRC admin when i connected it told me incompatable version..... then i was told to do /update..... so i did everything was all fine then i clicked install when it finished downloading.... it sed do u wanna activate the script or what ever and i clicked yes (like the manule seys to) then it tells me

ERROR: File 'mta.data.ini' not found!

Make sure it's ion the same folder as 'mta.mrc'.

i dont understand where im going rong with this installation

some one help please!

• 2 months later...

I just downloaded and installed mIRC (latest) with your files (latest) in a mIRC subdir. I loaded everything as per usual and everything goes well up until i go to connect to the server from withing MTAma (the server is running and playable on internal lan). When I connect from MTAma I get a CRC error, but it passed the test upon initializing the script.

When I do an event check in mIRC I get an error in the status window that says:

Invalid Parameters: $did (line 1290, mta.mrc)

I am not a mIRC pro so I cannot interpret the error by code, however I was hoping maybe you could make some sense of it. It doesn't only come up when I do an event check.

Cheers and Thanks

I just downloaded and installed mIRC (latest) with your files (latest) in a mIRC subdir. I loaded everything as per usual and everything goes well up until i go to connect to the server from withing MTAma (the server is running and playable on internal lan). When I connect from MTAma I get a CRC error, but it passed the test upon initializing the script.

When I do an event check in mIRC I get an error in the status window that says:

Invalid Parameters: $did (line 1290, mta.mrc)

I am not a mIRC pro so I cannot interpret the error by code, however I was hoping maybe you could make some sense of it. It doesn't only come up when I do an event check.

Cheers and Thanks

If you have alot of scripts then the script-double-event-checker makes a overflow, you cna just ignore it.

About the CRC error: dont modify the files! Just get the right mta.mrc and mta.dll from http://www.aeron.tk

If you have alot of scripts then the script-double-event-checker makes a overflow, you cna just ignore it.

About the CRC error: dont modify the files! Just get the right mta.mrc and mta.dll from http://www.aeron.tk

I have not changed anything. Even when I completely recopy all the fresh files and start it up in default condition, it all works up until I try to connect to the server from Mtama.

When I originally got it, I did change it, but it wouldn't even initialize so I've learnt that one. I recopied it about 10 times now.

I ran the 2nd latest version of MTA.mrc with MTAma and it worked but when in game, the MTAma code didn't change the game. It just played normal VC:DM.

Any other suggestions?

(ps - I'm relatively noob like with mIRC and mIRC scripting! It may be something simple that Im missing.)

Thanks again

• 2 weeks later...