[Poll] Do you use 3DS Max to create custom maps?

50p

Do you use 3DS Max to create custom models/maps for MTA?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use 3DS Max to create custom models/maps for MTA?

• Yes
    • No, I use different software
    • No, I am not a modeller

Hi there,

I was just wondering how many people actually use 3DS Max to create their own models or maps for GTA/MTA. I've made several scripts for 3DS Max in the past and one of them is Map exporting. I wanted to make some advanced scripts to allow user to render top-down view of their maps so that they can use them in MTA. I've always wanted to see custom maps on the radar but the problem I think people have is they don't know how to achieve it.

All I want to know is how many people in MTA community actually use 3DS for custom model creation, so I'll know if it's worth making a script for custom radar minimaps.

Regards,

50p

• 9 months later...

Lovely to see there is someone else with a 3DS passion.

I have been working on a large scale pilot system. But due to the limitations of the GTA map, I was kind of stopped in my tracks. I made part of a map, but I stopped when I realized radar limitations in place.

If you made this, you'd make my life a lot easier.

Questions: what render settings would you recommend for maps?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This will be a bumb to this topic, and I'm not sorry for it. Alot of people are actually using 3Ds max and I'm not sure why. Sure, the program is wonderful and it does its job. But I do love Maya too, I actually love Maya. Not sure why but it feels more.... comfortable. So, since you're creating scripts for 3Ds max. And it isn't possible to actually export from Maya directly to GTA / MTA. Maybe you could try and give it a shot to actually write a plugin to exports objects from Maya to GTA / MTA? :)