Dying too fast?

I am talking about v 0.3r2

It seems like when I enter an area where there is like a battle going on, I would get shot in the back like 5 or 6 times, and when I turn aroung, the frames lag abt by the time I can aim im dead. The cars seem to have a shorter life too, blowing up after 5-8 shots, a pain when your just driving along and some nut shoots out your tires and kills your car. HP seems to decrease alot sooner and you have to ether commit suicide and fight or run and get health every couple minutes. Im not a noob or complainer as most may take it, I just hope this annoyance is fixed in the next version, cuse its no fun to fight for a short time then die like your noone. :?

Edited by Guest

I have a 2.53GHz P4, 1024 RAM, ATI AIW 9800pro 128mb, T-1 connection, fresh VC and XP install using no no-cd crack. Version 0.2.2 didnt crash after an hour or so, this is every 10-20 mins. The lag is disgusting and ppl are already cheating, i dont know how. And, I have to aim dead center for any kind of hit.

No, my ping has nothing to do with it. I have had a friend go in with me in v0.2.2 and time how long it takes to kill me with the same gun and shots and did the same in v0.3, and v0.3 has a conciderably shorter life expectancy. I dont mean to b*tch, just wanted to point it out is all, and that its fustrating as all hell. Im usually calm but now I cant play without being pissed off and wanting to quit, throwing down my USB adapted N64 controller in disgust due to dying too quick. Also the sabre goes slower for some reason, which is the only car I like driving. Stunt mode is boring cuse theres no action, and since 0.3 came out, mostly everyone is untrusting upon teaming up. I work well in a group but suck alone.

I do enjoy playing, or it wouldnt be installed onto my machine, its just it has lost its fun playability somewhat, now ppl are just out for blood and I am usually the quick dying target. I know, I know, your like get a life dude, but damn, it would fustrate you too.

Edited by Guest

if you were used to 0.2.2 like i was, 0.3 rewrote the book on some of the tactics that you can/cant use. you should consider the new aiming system and how it affects you. i personally still havent gotten comfortable with the new version, as shotguns are now the almighty and m60s tend to shoot head on, or just miss altogether. i cant quite figure it out myself

Low ping hurts more than it helps. Mine is around 30 to 70 most times.

Has anyone else noticed with 3.0 that some people seem to stand and shoot the shotgun almost rapidfire and they don't stop shooting or move or take any damage? It's a pain in the ass. When they start running I can tag them but not when they are shooting.

lol kung. i personally enjoy playing with a disadvantage like a low ping. in cs i practiced against the bots after i gave them perfect aim. unorthodox method, but it worked :)

just on a side story thats kind of funny =

i was playing in a server, there was a infinate health hacker running around laughing at everyone because he couldnt die. i got in a heli and litterally had the poor bastard crying he was dying so much by the time he left the server :)

lol kung. i personally enjoy playing with a disadvantage like a low ping. in cs i practiced against the bots after i gave them perfect aim. unorthodox method, but it worked :)

just on a side story thats kind of funny =

i was playing in a server, there was a infinate health hacker running around laughing at everyone because he couldnt die. i got in a heli and litterally had the poor bastard crying he was dying so much by the time he left the server :)

funny story

I am complaining but not crying about my ping I normally find my way to the top of the food chain where I belong. :twisted:

Hey you gave me an idea for a new thread and your post is going to be the first. Look for it in the General MTAVC forum

Well, my guess is that since you have a better ping (refresh rate), your position is more accurate, hence an easier target, a drawback for a faster game on a faster machine with a better connection. You may have a better system, but it f*cks ya as a result come battle time. Thats an educated guess, which I believe to be accurate. :D

ding ding ding give that man a cigar

yes your movement is smoother and more accurate. Plus you download the damage faster than others so you die quicker. Since this game is client side the users computer is the final arbitor of what happened. A high ping computer might not know I just stubbied him but I will get his packet that he shot me.

I have a 2.53GHz P4, 1024 RAM, ATI AIW 9800pro 128mb, T-1 connection, fresh VC and XP install using no no-cd crack.

OMFG GIMMIE YOUR COMPUTER!

anyway, i dont see why should u care about dying faster? dying faster makes it all more challanging! :twisted:

oh and it seems very hard to kill me on low ping servers... maybe im that skillfull?

Well, I care about dying faster because to tell you the truth, I never really was a good shot. I now understand why I die so quickly but its a let down. Heh, maybe I should fireup my old 56k fax modem I use for winfax, use one of my dialup connections and play my heart out, then maybe I can live longer... :evil1: but id rather pierce my nutsack before I would go back to a phone line...

:cussing:

lol i dont know about piercing the nut sack.. :P but you do die faster in this version due to everyone having better aim. but im already finding ways to compensate for this :)

Sometimes I regret having a low ping...because of that...

like when i went through ALL my 12guage ammo and then went through all my M60 ammo and then most of my Uzi ammo on this one kid and im like, "theres no fucking way ANYTHING could survive that!" so as im changing a clip, this kid runs up to me (full health even) and smashes me with a nightstick, hits me twice more with a damn stick an Im dead.

i swear to F*CKING god, this better be changed somehow for future releases, cuz i cant take that bullshit.

no true keva

Yes good players stay alive longer but high ping means you can take more damage and have more packet loss.

Glitches, lag and sync are all part of the game. The best players have all sorts of ping. Around 100 to 140 is ideal for damage and playability

I hover around 30 to 70 and I just keep moving and avoid m60 faceoffs, I prefer stubbys because high or low ping that will drain you.