Why doesnt MTA support stunt mods?

ALL mods are cheating, regardless of the gamemode.

of course, if your in stuntmode, and you modify your car to go faster than your competitor, and he didnt, it IS a form of cheating. or if you add a jump to your game, thats not in theirs, i guess you have some strange advantage. you know, you could be going off a jump they dont have.

ALL mods are cheating, regardless of the gamemode.

I disagree...

hey, trust me, i disagree too, but its in the EULA you agreed to by installing mta. im just quoting here. the basic idea behind mta seems to go like this..

"You can play OUR mod, WHEN we say, HOW we say, IF we say you can. If you disagree with us and change something in the game to your liking you are a CHEATER!"

peace

"their work" consists of the mta client, scm's, and server tools, none of which are modified through (legit) modding (if your modding what came with mta, then it is cheating). So, when a mod is in gta, its modding GTA, not Mta; their work isnt touched, or "butchered" as the new fad apparently is...

sigh...

the reason we view such things as cheating is quite simple..

it affects the gameplay in an unplanned way for other gamers...

Right now, there is no way to guarantee other mods are being used by the other people playing MTA. This causes huge problems in multi play.

the cardinal rule of multiplayer programming is... if it affects gameplay make sure its synced.

In situations of map mods, we can't guarantee everyone is using the same one, as such we consider map mods cheating.

I dont hear people complaining that games like Counterstrike and BF1942 have taken measures to verify that the map data is consistent among all players. I know this brings up the issue, "why not sync the maps and have others able to download them." this goes back to the fundamental difference between MTA and other multiplayer games. CS and BF1942 were designed as multiplayer games, maps are individual files here. in VC its not a simple matter, and we can't focus our efforts into integrating a util to edit the .img .txd (whatever) files of every other player. We are much more focused on gameplay, and stability.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but you have to look at it this way. We are VERY early in development. we release beta's to find bugs and ways to correct them. but the experiment goes wrong when you start throwing in other variables such as map mods (which could cause crashes). and we are left trying to find where they originated. it makes our life harder as developers, and affects teh quality of our future releases.

Kent

Wow,

I am proud of Ashdexx, very impressive post.

Use all of your map mods in single player. They put some ramps in stuntmode for version 2.2 and 3 I am sure they will continue to try to make everyone happy, free of charge, just don't pee in thier cheerios, that's all they ask. (not in those words)

Yes, well what is flawed to one makes sense to many more. This is their work, and they don't want to see it butchered, I'm sure i wouldn't if i were on such a dev team.

They are making it for the public. So no it doesn’t belong to them. It belongs to the gaming community. If they are making it for the public they have to make it based on the demands of the public. If they don’t feel that way then they shouldn’t make it at all. Based on that, they cant develop it for only one type of gamer. Not everyone just joins clans and plays *Cops and Robbers*.

Now say you were programming this so you and a few of your friends could play online or on lan and you wanted more people in the servers so you decided to release it. But you didn’t, you made it specifically for the public so it doesn’t belong to you *the MTA dev team* anymore.

The way I see it is your preventing people from learning how to edit the game and enjoying what they can do with it. Your keeping people locked into one area so nobody can out show you. Seems like you just want to be the center of attention and don’t want to loose that attention and your doing it by preventing people from using multi-player mods. Which then prevents people from making them because nobody can play them. Yes there are other online programs for GTA 3 and VC but yours is the most popular so nobody ever goes to those other servers. You have to realize that and respect that. You cant expect to develop something based on what the public wants and then in the end prevent them from actually being able to do what they want. Your only part of the what people want. You provide the online play. Then they goto other people for game enhancements *mods*. Its back to what I said before. Your making this for the public but we all play in different ways and it seems your only making it for one type of player.

You cant prevent cheating *trainers* from being utilized. The more you try to prevent them from being used the more you prevent the non-cheating players from actually having fun with the game because everything is limited. I don’t agree with your *master* ban list. This will get a lot of people banned from servers when they shouldn’t which will then make people stop playing the game and then it will die out.

Don’t get my wrong. I appreciate what you’ve done but I don’t like what your doing with it.

In situations of map mods, we can’t guarantee everyone is using the same one, as such we consider map mods cheating.

I don’t agree but isn’t it still a bit drastic for banning players from the official servers just for mentioning mods like Cudda! World? To me it sounds like a grudge.

They are making it for the public. So no it doesn’t belong to them. It belongs to the gaming community. If they are making it for the public they have to make it based on the demands of the public. If they don’t feel that way then they shouldn’t make it at all. Based on that, they cant develop it for only one type of gamer. Not everyone just joins clans and plays *Cops and Robbers*.

Now say you were programming this so you and a few of your friends could play online or on lan and you wanted more people in the servers so you decided to release it. But you didn’t, you made it specifically for the public so it doesn’t belong to you *the MTA dev team* anymore.

I think a resounding Fuck you is in order :D

we make this mod for the public yes, this stated, the vast majority of players don't want people like you editing hte game, so we'll do everything to stop it. Feel like we've done a disservice to you? Fine, don't play it, It doesn't affect my self worth at all :-P

• MTA Team

so microsoft released windows to the public, i can hack it and run a hundred machines without a license, all pure legal. Since the internet is there i may hack every computer i come across on the net, ...

come on. We released it, yes, but it is our software. When you install our software you agree to the EULA (End User License Agreement) This EULA states what you can and can not do with our software. If you want to use it, you do it by our rules and not ur own.

well mr i dont modify your files dude. correct me if im wrong, but you HAVE to change the exe in the software that THEY MADE in order to be able to modify the other files. so are u disobeying the eula even if ur right? sounds to me like u are

p.s. what ur saying is that when they release something to the public its your code to do what you want with? AHHH HA HA what a moron what a idiot what a ... oops i forgot no flaming anymore :lol: lol seriously tho, you cant seriously think that

If they are making it for the public they have to make it based on the demands of the public.

hmm...

Yes and no

Yes,

They made a product that created or answered a public demand

No,

It's not up for grabs for anyone who wants to bastardize it. The public votes with thier feet. You can accept or reject their work by using it or rejecting it

for instance

MTA met the public's demand so anyone who like multiplayer gta plays it.

GTAT is an empty barren wasteland for now because people voted with thier feet

Just because MTA is your mod of choice does not give you the right to abuse the creators intentions

we make this mod for the public yes, this stated, the vast majority of players don't want people like you editing hte game, so we'll do everything to stop it. Feel like we've done a disservice to you? Fine, don't play it, It doesn't affect my self worth at all :-P

how discouraging. its not like you have to go out of your way to "support" mods, release a client with no-crc checking, that only works against other clients like it, and tell us to use mods "at our own risk". you dont have to be nazi's about it..

If the future of mta lies soley in Vice city, and you dont care if we stop playing, i just might do that. i hope gtat gets better and fast, cause you guys REALLY need some competition.

The "property of the public", huh?

Splooge, I suggest you stop skipping to the "I Agree" button and actually read the EULA.

The MTA Team (which is the author of this product) provides you this license to use this software. This free software is licensed and for use only under the terms of this Agreement.

MTA is the property of the MTA Team. By hitting "I Agree", The MTA Team gives you permission to use the software.

Awwww C'Mon guys ... The MTA Team have worked really hard to make someting out of nothing with this mod

If it wasnt for them you have NO GTA worth playing online !

Give E'm a break for Christ sake I do believe that

MTA have a Real Fair Right to want to hog all the attention for all the work that has gone into this mod! If thats what they are doing (which I dont believe)

Do you ever stop to think, how many constraints are already posing a threat to everyone's expectations of what can be acomplished by hacking code of a game that wasnt really meant for it !

Please be nice

I would never do all this hard work for free in my life !