Sign in to follow this  
Cassandra

A way to have glowing light around objects

Maybe shaders or a custom object.

After checking out the source, he/she didn't use any custom objects or shaders. He/she is using CLEO to do that so it's either a particle effect or an object which already exist on the game. I think the latter.

Using a "corona" marker was my first though, but then I wasn't sure if it would look like that.

@Solidsnake14, It may not look exactly like that, but I guess that's the best we can do. I'm not sure if you can do lights with shaders, and I highly doubt you can add a light to a model.

@Cassandra, you're welcome :)

@Solidsnake14, It may not look exactly like that, but I guess that's the best we can do. I'm not sure if you can do lights with shaders, and I highly doubt you can add a light to a model.

@Cassandra, you're welcome :)

I think you can if you add specular map to the object's material's texture and set the object's alpha to 0.

Edit: I don't think it will work as setting object's alpha also affects the material.

I think it's like a flat (player shadow) 2d texture, not a 'billboard' like a corona. It Can be done. But it looks cool only on flat surfaces. My guess is that it's definitely not a specular.