Been brought up before but this is slightly different.

Oyst

Hey folks,

I was just thinking about the vehicles being original and sometimes quite frankly boring, it would be nice for a change and so i suggest a group of people(i will of course help out if needed) make a complete vehicle makeover.

I know the filesize for some people will be a killer so it could be an optional thing? that some servers will have and some wont.

I was wondering about this because it would be nice to have a bit of a change sometimes and a bit more(non-cheating) speed. While im on the speed issue is it possible to makethe speed file server side, or is it already? because i hear people are still editing files and speeding up which is a shame :?

Anyway about the cars i was thinking some more practical things like maybe some pickup trucks with deep beds in the back, so people can stand in the back without being launched out?

Also of course all cars tagged with mta on plates or somewheres :D

Ok im getting carried away now but the standing in the back gave me a thought for the MTA team hehe, if you made passanger seats is it possible to make a player climb on the back of a pickup truck say and be attached to it? so they dont fall off unless it rolls?

Any suggestions on this?

Keep critisim constructive, thanks :D

Anyway about the cars i was thinking some more practical things like maybe some pickup trucks with deep beds in the back, so people can stand in the back without being launched out?

if you made passanger seats is it possible to make a player climb on the back of a pickup truck say and be attached to it? so they dont fall off unless it rolls?

well, i tried to modify the ol' baracks (pickuptruck) so ppl could jump in the back w/o falling out but i think its not possible only by changing the colision model, i tested many different models but the ppl in the back always seem to block the acceleration of the vehicle + sometimes you still fall out/thru

but here are the good news for you: http://forum.mtavc.com/viewtopic.php?t=4804

eAI was sucessful with coding and brought up some nice screens :)

col files suck so i guess you'll have to code it :?