Cool Suggestions

Guest Deranged

(read post first) Do you agree with me?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. (read post first) Do you agree with me?

• No, both ideas are un needed
    • One of the ideas sounds stupid (specify in reply)
    • Both ideas are great!

1: make it where you can use custom skins online, this way people could be unique in their own way, kinda like in counterstrike, where you can customize your own spray. (maybe download the skins in the background to a special folder or whatnot, because what's an additional 200kb on a hdd?)

2: let the maker of the server define what mods to be used (buildings/cities/car skin mods) and if a user trying to connect to the server doesn't have the mods, either make it say what mods the user doesn't have, so maybe the user could download and come back, or ask the user if he/she would like to install the mods (a problem here, would be someone making viruses, and then the people downloading them completely unexpectedly)

-discuss-

1: make it where you can use custom skins online, this way people could be unique in their own way, kinda like in counterstrike, where you can customize your own spray. (maybe download the skins in the background to a special folder or whatnot, because what's an additional 200kb on a hdd?)
Not really possible with the engine. Sorry.
2: let the maker of the server define what mods to be used (buildings/cities/car skin mods) and if a user trying to connect to the server doesn't have the mods, either make it say what mods the user doesn't have, so maybe the user could download and come back, or ask the user if he/she would like to install the mods (a problem here, would be someone making viruses, and then the people downloading them completely unexpectedly)
Downloading wouldn't pratical, but allowing users all with the same mod(s) to play on servers would be good, and possible, though potentially unstable.

eAi

-discuss-

what engine... the GTA: Vice City game engine, or the MTA server/client engine?

uh, actually its entirely possible. the player actor skins are stored as txd's (texture dictionaries for those of you who dont mod) the extra skins that you downloaded and and want to use could be stored in a different folder, and mta could just look in that folder instead of the gta3.img (holds the main models and textures), for certain skins. they already use a similar method for loading their "mta.scm" and "mtas.scm", so it COULD work. the trouble would be in managing the skins (who has what skin) through the mta client, but i dbout it would be beyond their (mta team) capabilities.

what engine... the GTA: Vice City game engine, or the MTA server/client engine?

uh, actually its entirely possible. the player actor skins are stored as txd's (texture dictionaries for those of you who dont mod) the extra skins that you downloaded and and want to use could be stored in a different folder, and mta could just look in that folder instead of the gta3.img (holds the main models and textures), for certain skins. they already use a similar method for loading their "mta.scm" and "mtas.scm", so it COULD work. the trouble would be in managing the skins (who has what skin) through the mta client, but i dbout it would be beyond their (mta team) capabilities.

Ok, let me explain. I know it entirely possible to change the skins in txd files, but for mta to do it while the game is running (you'd surely have to do that otherwise you'd be waiting for quite a long time before you could start playing wouldn't work. You can't edit the files while in game. SO i supose you could wait. Thats 200KB x 25 (4.88MB). Thats a lot to download. For a modem user that a good 10 minutes, and probably about a minute for dsl+ users.

Also, if it was possible to edit txds while gta is running, you'd have to reduce the download rate for skins a lot. Because otherwise it would lag you, and other players. That would mean it would take a long time for textures to download.

eAi

eAi, i misunderstood your post, i thought you meant it wasnt possible at all. yes, doing this INGAME, could be difficult, but its the fact that replaceable skins COULD be made a feature, is what im saying, just do it before you start a game. im a sure a few sites wouldnt mind hosting extra skins you could / dl. the game could check the filename of the skins your using, and the other players, and prompt you to go to the site if you wanted one, click no and play on.

1: make it where you can use custom skins online, this way people could be unique in their own way, kinda like in counterstrike, where you can customize your own spray. (maybe download the skins in the background to a special folder or whatnot, because what's an additional 200kb on a hdd?)-

=Get Need for speed UnderGround

=Yes this would be cool , like having some officials MTA mods . Or many different stunt map mods with ramps in different places .

I dont kno alot about this but if neone has ever used doom connector or played doom with wads u can use skins etc as long as every player on the server has the same thing so if u could dl the skins off the server when u connect or sumthin like that wouldnt it work? dont jump down my throat im makin a blind proposition so don't point fingers and laugh or nething lol

• 2 weeks later...