MTA Admins...

...are extremely disappointing. So far I haven't found any admins that actually interact with the players, welcome new players, and listen to the players. Most of the admins I have seen are ban crazy fools.

What an admin should be doing is talking to the players to make sure they are having a good time on his server. The more the players like the admin the more times they will come back to that admin's server. Drawn by the player count, other players will come as well. Thus, that server's popularity will increase. And that is how it should be done. I consider a server a lot like a business; you have to satisfy your customers, not order them around. I speak from experience when I say all of this, because I have run many extremely successful servers for other games.

I hope to see a change in admins, and I think that will bring about a change in players as well. The better players get to know the admin and like the admin, the more they will discourage others from doing wrong and report to the admin.

An admin's presence should be a reward, not a punishment.

I have to disagree, while it would be nice to have your friendly neighborhood admin swing on by that is not why they are there. Let's take the official admin for example. They are watching 8 servers i think so he is supposed to spend his life chatting with people? The admin's presence should be felt by making an example of the cheaters that will attract the good players to the cheat free haven. I agree that the key to the sucess of a server is the admin but I disagree on thier roles.

Then there should be more admins! Just a few admins can't do the job. That has already been proven with how the official servers are set up. I have never been able to reach an admin when one is needed; all of them were idle.

More admin would help I am sure, but I have had great sucess getting a hold of them, not every time but not the experience you have had either.

I would be glad to help admin the official servers if they want to trust me, seriously. I would be very responsible not a server nazi or anything. Please pm me if you want to take me up on it I play the official servers almost exclusivley and I know when people are cheating and when it's most likely lag. If not I ere on the side of caution.

thanks for the segway bobo :lol:

I agree that the admins are the key to keeping the cheaters out

well i agree with alot of what he said. maybe the admins should be talking to the players and etc instead of just banning people... but of course they do have lives and might not want to talk so i dunno.. i guess in the end its just up to how sociable the admin is and how much time he has

It's a game server not a chat room, you cannot scroll up thru the chat history as you can in other games, so having chat full of banal admin natter means you will miss those all important 'omg help hes going to kill me' calls. People judge a server primarily by thier ping on it, how many cheaters it has, how freindly the players are and how much better/worse the players are in relation to themselves. Admin are there to keep people in line not to welcome them with a warm towel and chocolates.

Private servers are a different matter, but the officials reflect on the mta team as a whole hence why twenty random people are not allowed admin access.

If you can Admin and Develop at the same time, then lets see it.

We try hard, and too bad it does not meet your expectations. But, we will not feel sorry for those who put down our FREE efforts, and we will continue to try our hardest to bring the community an enjoyable experience.

There is no excuse. I've always adminned this way, and I've had tremendous success with it.

People judge a server primarily by thier ping on it, how many cheaters it has, how freindly the players are and how much better/worse the players are in relation to themselves. Admin are there to keep people in line not to welcome them with a warm towel and chocolates.

So you are saying that a server should be judged how skilled the players are? The quality of the players is what matters most. And it takes a good admin to get good players. An admin's job should be to keep players in line but at the same time make sure the players are having fun.

If you can Admin and Develop at the same time, then lets see it.

Then get someone else to admin! Is it really so difficult? Is maintaining some kind of tight inner circle so important to you? I'm sure there are plenty of good people out there that would make good admins; admins who would be just but attentive.

there are more reasons to reject an idea then negative consequenses. I disagree based on plausablility. Please re read my post.

I am not joe public and I would happily lighten the load for the admin if they want to accept my help. I took the ignoring of my last hint as a no, but I'm subborn. :lol:

I have to disagree, while it would be nice to have your friendly neighborhood admin swing on by that is not why they are there. Let's take the official admin for example. They are watching 8 servers i think so he is supposed to spend his life chatting with people? The admin's presence should be felt by making an example of the cheaters that will attract the good players to the cheat free haven. I agree that the key to the sucess of a server is the admin but I disagree on thier roles.

what i think is that they should make a admin account that can ONLY KICK or temp ban (pretty sure this has been suggested before) and give some people like kfg the ability to kick people... just a thought =p

Oh, it is quite plausible. There are people who have time to admin. The more admins there are, the less likely someone will be able to get away with something. And the nicer the admins are, the higher the reputation of the server. It is that simple.

I understand this is a smaller mod, and has more of a community feel than say a big one.But look at servers for like CS or even ut2k3, there are hundreds upon hundreds of servers, whereas we have but a few popular ones. So far as i've always seen the bulk of traffic is already on the official servers, then to a lesser extanet robpols, and the fastest dm/sm servers. Even if the admin did nothing but insult me as I played, I'd probably still return to the official servers lol. Anyhoot, i guess my point is, if YOU are running a server, then advertise friendly admins 24/7, otherwise I think the main ones are plenty popular. And as for service, well, bite a bullet and take it like a man, don't want to play with cheaters, quit, or jump servers :\

Quote:

People judge a server primarily by thier ping on it, how many cheaters it has, how freindly the players are and how much better/worse the players are in relation to themselves. Admin are there to keep people in line not to welcome them with a warm towel and chocolates.

So you are saying that a server should be judged how skilled the players are? The quality of the players is what matters most. And it takes a good admin to get good players. An admin's job should be to keep players in line but at the same time make sure the players are having fun.

No, I listed what the majority of online players judge a server by, playing on a server full of really poor easily beaten players gets dull, playing on a server full of world class players that cream you in seconds can get frustrating.

As for 'having fun', if you dont find playing mta fun you are seriously gamingly challenged (yes gamingly is a word i just made up, that comes of spending so much time around MrBill), fun comes prepacked and ready to go with every download of mta.

If you want to have freindly chat and gossip i hear AOL have a great line in chatrooms, note the server admin has kick and ban buttons, there is no 'funny quote of the day' or 'greet like a lover' buttons.