FreeBSD 0.3 server timeouts

Everytime someone tried to connect to my 0.3 server (running from FreeBSD), they get a timeout. I know the firewall rules are correct (my 0.2.2 server worked!), and mtaserver.log wouldnt show them connecting and timing out if it was a firewall issue. anyone else have this problem, or have a working server, or know what to do? :) Running linux compat 7.1_4

i would post this in the MTA server forum, if there was one...

Edited by Guest
as has been told a 100 times be4 (and i know u didn't use the forum search function) the linux servers do not work under FreeBSD

i did use the search function i didnt see any such thing. and this must be new, because they worked in 0.2.2 :P

EDIT: just searched for FreeBSD server timeout and this thread is the only one it returns.

i did a search on FreeBSD and i came up with 6 topics related to it

you should read my post before you hurt yourself. look at what i said, the server runs, no errors. just when people try to connect they time out, and it gets logged in the LOG. none of those topics when i searched for freebsd had anything to do with my problem. good day.

i did read your post. im just trying to help dont get all pissy with me yeesh. you said hmm i need to contact them, so i pointed out that he said he ran it in linux compat mode. i dont see how that disrespects you...

i did read your post. im just trying to help dont get all pissy with me yeesh. you said hmm i need to contact them, so i pointed out that he said he ran it in linux compat mode. i dont see how that disrespects you...

because you bolded it, and obviously i am running it in linux compat mode if i was running 0.2.2 before, because that wont run if not in linux compat mode either. kthx.