MTA to GTAIV

This has been discussed many times already, there is already a version of Multi Theft Auto for Grand Theft Auto IV from what I could understand, but it hasn't been released and most likely will never be due to unsufficient amount of developers to maintain both Multi Theft Auto San Andreas and IV.

This has been discussed many times already, there is already a version of Multi Theft Auto for Grand Theft Auto IV from what I could understand, but it hasn't been released and most likely will never be due to unsufficient amount of developers to maintain both Multi Theft Auto San Andreas and IV.

Wow they actually thought of making it with iv? I thought the game engine was so different it would be too hard to make?

Wow they actually thought of making it with iv? I thought the game engine was so different it would be too hard to make?

They were making it but stopped as mention above.

GTA IV is a really great game, But MTA is about GTA SA, People loved it because of that ..!

So even if a GTA IV's MTA was released, I don't believe it would have the same impression ...

I don't think so, other Grand Theft Auto games just are too old that almost nobody has any interest in them anymore. But I agree with your second sentence.

Mta devs can't change mta sa to mta iv

because size of game gta iv 16 gb !

The size of the game doesn't matter.

• 3 years later...

MTA should still switch over to GTA IV. MTA's development for most of 2015-16 has been lateral if not in decline. New features unneeded, unused, unappreciated. Bloatware is MTA:SA's future as it doubles in size each year with each new idea that wastes your time, our processes and patience with incessant crashing that never used to be there; all the while GTA IV stands as a perfect eyesore of undeveloped possibility. You ask me? they've not developed GTA IV because they can't. Not because they don't want to but because they don't know how to. IV:MP is a nightmare that the Nanos team abandon for a reason. They didn't know how to do it right either. Nor did Citizen IV before they were shutdown for FiveM. GTAIV is highly unstable, IVMP crashes frequently, and is only populated by the most diehard addicts. Yet there it is. The perfect open market for the next generation. Unconquered. Unconquerable. Moby IV. Thar be a white whale no man can catch!

Edited by Xabache
On 9/22/2016 at 2:30 AM, CodyL said:

Really the only issue with MTA I see is the streamer, if it could get a better object streamer then so much more could be done.

I'd also like to add to this that the optimization itself has gotten worse at 1.5, a lot worse for potato PCs I'm afraid. Other than that no complaints, updates even if they're something that a lot of us "aren't using" are still more than welcome as unlike some (totally not gonna name SA-MP) MTA team is actually doing :~ and delivering us rather frequent updates, and that's what I love about them.

On 9/24/2016 at 2:38 AM, MomsBasement said:

Maybe start developing own game already? it aint that hard when there is ready-to-use engines for free

It is hard when the team has other commitments, like their own careers and projects. I'm sure MTA isn't high priority for most of them. Hell, I think one of the (ex?) developers has kids. I can't imagine them spending a lot of time on MTA, let alone another game.

You also have to remember that MTA is a multiplayer modification for an already existing game. There's a big difference between building your own game and building a multiplayer framework on top of another game. As far as I know, none of the current development team are graphic designers, modelers, game designers or sound engineers, all of which are needed to create a proper game.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...