Server with "cheats"(like 3dwheelmod)allowed and not allowed

Guest zztop

Should Mods be allowed in MTA even if it is easier to cheat then?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Should Mods be allowed in MTA even if it is easier to cheat then?

• YES! Mods are fun
    • NO! Get out all those sucking cheaters!

Here are my suggestions for mta v0.4:

Since MTA v0.3 users who like mods have a problem: it isn't allowed to use mods like cudda world or 3dwheelmod because they chance files like the /DATA/default.ide and others. this is because you can build in cheats this way,too. I think getting out cheaters is a good thing but: GTA looses MUCH fun if you can't do skyway-races or always see thos sucking bitmap wheels on all the cars. on many servers pleople have mods like "cudda world" or "stuntsandrampmod for mta" installed and have fun together!!

So there should be server with "cheats" allowed for mod users. those who want pure competition or no mod or no cheaters can play on servers with "cheats" disallowed.

A other way to solve this problem (perhaps) is a database with the crc checksum for the mod file like they do it in first(a f1 2000 and f1 challenge server tool). each mod (or the files of the mod) who are allowed (because of non-cheating)get its own crc.

There are two ways to do this:

1. Online CRC Server

There is an official online crc server where the crc checksum for all mods. mta client checks the crc on the server.

2. Offline CRC

A tool with that you can do a crc checksum of the mods you want to allow on the server(server side). the client does a crc for his gta with the mods installed on the server.

Other suggestions:

vehicles should be invulnerable in stunt modus. it sux go rush for a vehicle every 20 stunts,i think.

Game stability should be increased. the game crashes lets say every

30 minutes. thats not good. ;-)

GTA(MTA) WITHOUT THE GOOD MODS IS NOT THE RIGHT WAY!!!

ZZTop

NO WAY....

I hate those fucking cheaters...!!

You will shoot them, and they are staing [With an mod] behind a wall that I cant see, if I dont have that mod!!

LISTEN UP PEOPLE THAT CHEAT... THERE ARE ONLY A FEW DAYS THAT I GET OFF OF WORK.. WHEN I DO AND I WANT TO PLAY MTA... I DON'T WANNA GET THAT DAY RUINED BY F®UCKING CHEATERS!!! CHEATING IS FOR PEOPLE THAT SUCK [...]-- REPLACE WITH ANYTHING. WHO HERE AGREES W/ ME?! :twisted:

LISTEN UP PEOPLE THAT CHEAT... THERE ARE ONLY A FEW DAYS THAT I GET OFF OF WORK.. WHEN I DO AND I WANT TO PLAY MTA... I DON'T WANNA GET THAT DAY RUINED BY F®UCKING CHEATERS!!! CHEATING IS FOR PEOPLE THAT SUCK [...]-- REPLACE WITH ANYTHING. WHO HERE AGREES W/ ME?! :twisted:

Well, they'll certainly stop now :?

i agree that "cheaters" depending on what they've done, do suck. of course fi someone says they're cheating because they have the 3d rimpack, or different skins, it doesnt change my playing experience, so i could give a shit less.

sigh...

the reason we view such things as cheating is quite simple..

it affects the gameplay in an unplanned way for other gamers...

Right now, there is no way to guarantee other mods are being used by the other people playing MTA. This causes huge problems in multi play.

the cardinal rule of multiplayer programming is... if it affects gameplay make sure its synced.

In situations of map mods, we can't guarantee everyone is using the same one, as such we consider map mods cheating.

I dont hear people complaining that games like Counterstrike and BF1942 have taken measures to verify that the map data is consistent among all players. I know this brings up the issue, "why not sync the maps and have others able to download them." this goes back to the fundamental difference between MTA and other multiplayer games. CS and BF1942 were designed as multiplayer games, maps are individual files here. in VC its not a simple matter, and we can't focus our efforts into integrating a util to edit the .img .txd (whatever) files of every other player. We are much more focused on gameplay, and stability.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but you have to look at it this way. We are VERY early in development. we release beta's to find bugs and ways to correct them. but the experiment goes wrong when you start throwing in other variables such as map mods (which could cause crashes). and we are left trying to find where they originated. it makes our life harder as developers, and affects teh quality of our future releases.

Kent

same thing has been said for car mods

http://forum.mtavc.com/viewtopic.php?t= ... c&start=15