modding cars

im sure there was a good reason for not allowing modding of gta3.img (gta3.dir to be exact )

what is it?

the only reason i ask is i like modifying my car skins and because of this i am now forced to use a mtaclient hack

(i do not use any forms of cheating such as weapon/health hacks so dont bother bringing that up)

I remember hearing that even the, what you would call "harmless" mods to your game will have an effect in MTA. That would be why I assume. Plus as hard as it is to keep cheaters out it would be harded still to allow some modding and not all modding.

btw,

Using a cracked client is breaking the EULA and cheating even if you don't use a minigun. I understand that you want a different look but if it impacts on gameplay you should just stick to what is supposed to be in there.

Severe collision problems occur when clients are using different gta3.img in the same game. Don't use altered models online. Install a different version of VC for local play, if you can't live without modded vehicles.

Well, it could probably work, if you didnt replace handling/default/carcols. Kind of like in most other games that allow custom models, however those games mostly have a Hitbox which is standard and cannot be altered without altering the whole game which would not allow you to even play on normal servers. Its just a thought.