Still lots of cheating

i saw some to, but please dont advertise the fact that it is happening in servers etc. hopefully we can keep the idiots from finding out its possible for as long as possible... :?

why does the crc check not search for al the files and if one file is not correct or extra files then you cant play
because it would take to long. It would take a lot of code cause there are hundreds of files and checking all files would take minutes
That and there's no way to tell if any extra files within the VC folder would be related to cheats

Someone could have a txt file with notes on where stuff is

A jpg of the vc (mta or sp) map with marks where things reside

A lot of truly innocent players would get penalized for truly innocent files in their vc directory

Like I have my client en adminserver files in my gta3 folder. So I would be screwed for nothing :cry:

If you can get screwed for nothing that's the way to go. :lol:

I think that the only effective cheat protection for now will be aggressive admins on the servers. The official servers are the best at this, noone can be on 24/7 but they do good work. I would love to help them if I could. I don't accuse someone of cheating unless they have a minigun or flying car mainly.

oh cool, so that will work with our multiplay box then?

We are very keen to get the admin up, Hopeless Heroes are a long established multigaming clan, with very strict anti-cheat philosophies. The sooner we get more familiar with the gem that is Multi-Theft Auto the better....

You can check our site out here.

Any help on this remote admin stuff is much appreciated.

Keep it up guys! 8):D

oh cool, so that will work with our multiplay box then?

We are very keen to get the admin up, Hopeless Heroes are a long established multigaming clan, with very strict anti-cheat philosophies. The sooner we get more familiar with the gem that is Multi-Theft Auto the better....

You can check our site out here.

Any help on this remote admin stuff is much appreciated.

Keep it up guys! 8):D

Wow

I like your site, you might be the most organized gang I have seen. You actually meet? I don't know anyone online that I would want to see in person :lol:

got this pic from your site, very funny

album_pic.php?pic_id=521

good luck with the servers, we need more good gangs and servers like yours.

The only thing i don't like about how we should "keep cheating quiet" (my words).. is the fact that there are LOTS of people who read that MTA (or any other program, for that matter) have cheat-protection, cheat-provention, anti-cheat, etc... they automatically assume it means 100% NO CHEATERS.

So if half the server sees a guy flying a firetruck, there's always a guy that will go "There's no cheats in .3", etc. etc.

It's like saying the world trade center bombing didn't happen.. everybody knows it did, but that one guy is just too stupid to know the truth..

heh.

I think the natural assumption, that I made at least. Is that with the new version we would see a temporary lapse in cheating because it would take time for them to get around the new client. I hope this is true. The reason I don't want it broadcast when the cheaters find a way to cheat is because most people aren't smart enough to figure it out and need help of more sofisticated lamers to cheat.

Everyone recognizes the fact that cheaters exist and will exist but this forum shouldn't become the unwilling "how to" for lamer cheaters.

i saw some to, but please dont advertise the fact that it is happening in servers etc. hopefully we can keep the idiots from finding out its possible for as long as possible... :?

Well, as long as you have debuggers, and ways to conceal them *cough* softice *cough* it's going to be possible. It's what you get when it's an arms race of such. If you deal with it well, then the problem should solve itself. Using "fanboy" style suppression - you're going to be sorely mistaken when you start losing the arms race. It'd be good if you did allow a mode that would disable the protections on the server side, and then clearly say "cheats enabled", you might get some of the people who were wanting to use it in a new light (After all, this isnt CS where there's not much to the detail and size of the environment it's in, regardless if you've got extra maps). Just be the people who provide the multiplayer ability, do it well, and if some people want to just blatantly cheat with their stats, have a way of dealing with them.

some people already found out how to crack the client. the atanomy is quite simple but the anti trainer prevention will be hard to crack... so guess what? they created cheap copies of trainers

Just wanted you to know your wrong. The client is harder to crack than the trainer protection.

If you knew anything about the MTA client you would know exactly how wrong you are.