Server error debian

Hermy

If try to run the mtaserver 0.3 i get te following error. 0.2 worked fine for me.

./MTAServer: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

How can i fix this?

I found this at google

Make sure you have the latest version of the C++ libs installed. (5.0 and up) Otherwise, if it's just a naming issue, create a symlink.

Can i make a symlink or wil it not work?

.5 is not in the stable version of debian. i have got .3

It looks like the server can't run under debian stable. I don't have the new software versions that are needed voor the mta server. I'm not going to unstable...

After doing somthing with libstdc++.so.5 i get the next error.

./MTAServer: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.3' not found (required by /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5)

./MTAServer: /lib/libgcc_s.so.1: version `GCC_3.3' not found (required by /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5)

• 3 weeks later...

I have compiled a version of MTAServer against libstdc++.so.3 for debian woodie and other linux versions that are using the older libstdc++. We might make a binary replacement available on the download page, but for now you can send me a PM for the download link if you need it.

• 2 weeks later...

:idea:

I have debian woody, and at first thought I'd need to

dist-upgrade to unstable or something to get libc5

(this is what it's really crying for in the error you mention)

You don't need anything but the libraries:

apt-cache search libc5

found what I needed to get it running:

libc5 - The Linux C library version 5 (run-time libraries).

Which I installed with:

apt-get install libc5

Ahh I love apt package management - don't debian just rok?

drugvc.co.nr for latest debian server address.

Hope this helps!

Now if only I could get my server to stop randomly dumping everyone after ~5 people connect.

[DRuG]NikT