The_GTA

Green Candy

@Noneatme

Do engineStreamingSetProperty( "infiniteStreaming", true ), that should fix it. Also there's currently an optimization feature enabled which cannot be disabled at the moment, that might explain some of the other popping in and out of buildings in the far distance. the_GTA told me.

I did, I would not ask if I didn't :D

Anyway, it's cool too see what's already done.

engineStreamingSetProperty("infiniteStreaming", true) 
engineStreamingSetProperty("strictNodeDistrib", false) 

Should work ;).

@Noneatme, Indeed, just make sure you get the latest build everytime, things are constantly being fixed.

The latest build is crashing for me all the time after some objects are streamed in. I wanted to use Eir for editing my map with over 1000 objects.

Does Eir contain everything the latest normal 1.4 nightlies have in them?

Most likely not, because they started on this way before any updates or upgrades was done to 1.4.

Jaysds1, stop making posts containing the word "maybe". Either be sure about what you're saying or back off. I'm not the one who should be saying this, but it startles me.

Quoting EIR's latest revision, r6296:

- updated to trunk revision 6295

That is only one revision old. The trunk contains everything 1.4 would have. So, yes, this means that EIR does offer all functionality that 1.4 has.

Yes. The_GTA has been pushing commits to his repository on Assembla.

The_GTA is taking a break because of social situations. No news right now, but will surely bump this topic as soon there is some.

lowes?

Anyway, no, there are no news about this project. The_GTA took a break from MTA Eir and I honestly don't know when, or if, he is coming back to it.

A status update would indeed be nice. There is a lot of activity on Assembla compared to the last 6 Months. But no one knows in a range of 0-100% how much progress has been made. I think the majority of people is interested in the improved streaming garbage collector so we can create maps with 2000 Objects on one place without getting bugs.

The activity on assembla is related to some export tool from PC to PS2.

EWBi3GL.png

So don't get your hopes up. I have no idea why he isn't doing the green(eir) stuff.