Green Candy

The_GTA

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The project is still under development, but that doesn't mean there have to be new announcements every week.

EDIT: The_GTA just resumed development on MTA:Eir. He was working on a MTA:Lua Interpreter, as you can probably see above by videos.

Edited by Guest
  • 2 weeks later...

I have got three question about this project:

I saw there was noted the GTA building/object crash fixed and the object pool limit is increased to 4000. So in EIR I can use 4000 objects at same time without any crashes? Because this would be the biggest bugfix ever. (If not 4000, then 1000-2000 would be fine without crash)

About buildings, I try to use buildings in MTA, but some objects doesn't use collisions, some yes. So made this working also would be big update. And CPhysicalSA::ProcessCollision is crashes for me.

And another thing would be try to make SetObjectScale() scale object collision. This would be new revolution for mappers and all MTA servers.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, I just wanted to show interest in what Causeless said, in the quote below.

Also, I note you mentioned you replaced some of the default SA models - is it possible to now just go over and ahead of the SA limits are are we still currently ground in the reality of the hard brick wall once we want more objects or models loaded in? Also, is it possible to remove the old SA map completely?

I would like to know this too, so please do tell!

• 3 weeks later...

There have been many updates in the repository and I've been in contact with The_GTA..

Let me quote some of the recent commits:

- reversed the engine entity render logic

- the GTA:SA engine can now render an infinite amount of entities at once

- improved streamer sector definitions (now Streamer::streamStaticSectorEntry has proper member names)

- added various engine Lua functions

- fixed various bugs

- fixed object collisions (just had to add support back for referenced coll files. I love this streaming system!)

- extended GTA:SA streaming entity garbage collection service, due to a limitation to 1000 streaming entities, the engine could not display more than 1000 objects, buildings and dummies at once. by removing that limit, GTA:SA displays very clearly

- reverse engineered some world functions (CWorldSA)

- fixed my archive loader

- localized the CRunningScript hook into game_sa

- improved list macros (rwlist.hpp)

- improved CCameraSAInterface (offsets realigned, pls verify)

- fixed animation loading bugs (some incompatibilities resolved)

- split the streaming logic into seperate files for easier maintenance

- updated MTA:Lua Interpreter

-- improved the OpenGL driver

-- added JPEG support

-- added some Win32 functionality

- reverse engineered GTA:SA world caching system (CCacheSA)

it is based on a CINFO.BIN file that contains the most important details about a GTA:SA total conversion. Rockstar Games removed the CINFO.BIN feature (slowing down engine loading) to make GTA:SA modding possible. Guys, they do not want to screw us over!

- reverse engineered car group loading (CCarGroups.SA)

- created CFileUtilsSA for special GTA:SA file management functionality

- researched more on collision loading and management (CColModelSA)

- reverse engineered GTA:SA Sectorization

-- reverse engineered quad tree nodes

-- reverse engineered IPL/COL sector handling

-- discovered and engineered the CStreaming::Update function that is streaming the whole world every frame. Now we know how to keep specific sectors of the game world alive if we need to (multi camera support possible). Setting a streaming entity to CGameSA::SetCenterOfWorld is no longer crash-prone.

- removed some hooks in CMultiplayerSA in favour of CGameSA logic.

- reverse engineered POPCYCLE.DAT loading (CPopulationSA)

- added memory functions to the RenderWare export set (CRenderWareSA)

- reverse engineered GTA:SA sectorized entity streaming (CStreamerSA)

- fixed various bugs in my code (e.g. heading calculation in CPlaceableSA)

- reverse engineered the GTA:SA pathfind node management (CPathFindSA)

• 2 weeks later...

Some amazing pictures of Eir of a test we did yesterday:

Entire map rendered at day.

Entire map rendered at night.

Too bad this turdish forum software won't downscale the images when I simply place them here.

We did this by applying a VERY high draw distance, 200 thousand units to be exact. This is the awesome result. As you can see theres still a small issue rendering the fake sea, but this is to be fixed very soon. Nonetheless, the result is stunning :)

• 1 month later...

I am someone who makes a lot of custom areas and custom objects so to me it's important the objects don't disappear out of sight. I'm Also hitting the object limit almost every time which is really annoys me so really looking foward to the release of this mod.

• 4 weeks later...

I am currently creating a map of Berlin in World War 2 and i reached the Object limit of MTA Blue 1.3.5, after ~500 GTA objects it starts lagging and fading out objects. I hope that Eir will fix this poor limit so i can add even more details to my Map! Keep on the great work!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Some amazing pictures of Eir of a test we did yesterday:

Entire map rendered at day.

Entire map rendered at night.

Too bad this turdish forum software won't downscale the images when I simply place them here.

We did this by applying a VERY high draw distance, 200 thousand units to be exact. This is the awesome result. As you can see theres still a small issue rendering the fake sea, but this is to be fixed very soon. Nonetheless, the result is stunning :)

tested it today, and enjoyed the experience of that high draw distance, but not as high as in your SS, i couldn't see far things because of clouds, hope there is a way to remove them as you did in your SS.

EDIT

Fixed.

Edited by Guest

I have no permissions to create a new entry in the bugtracker, so I write it down here:

First thing: getElementDistanceFromCentreOfMassToBaseOfModel returns negative values.

Second thing: infinite rendering doesn't work for me :(

mta-screen_2014-04-05ebs5q.png

(Well, I don't know If I'm doing it correctly but my game runs at 5 FPS with render distance of 9999)

/Edit: Half the map works :D

mta-screen_2014-04-05qhu3d.png