eAi

MTA-AntiCheat

Ok folks, I'm writing MTA-AntiCheat, and I need well, input. Its based on a 'Cheating-death' (half-life anti-cheat) system, i.e. a server program and a client. See the website - http://mtaac.opencoding.net - for more infomation and screenshots...

Anyway, I need people to tell me how people cheat. What they're doing etc (editing files, deleting files, renaming windows, running trainers, memory hacks, hacked exes/dlls... whatever) so that I can implement detection for them.

Please don't post links to trainers, hacks or information on how to cheat etc here, just general information. If you find one, PM a link or name to me.

Thanks if you can help!

eAi

People modify the MTA exe file to work around cheat protection.

Others just edit files in the Vice City directory, such as maps and vehicles.

And they run programs in the background. (most common)

There must be other types though.

could you guys pm the info to him should you give it (im still not sure if this client etc is supported, someone enlighten me) so your not giving the whole world an idea on how to cheat, thnx

If anyone out there has trainers or cheats that involve running programs in the background, can you please download this program:

http://mtaac.opencoding.net/files/mta-ac-sm.zip

This program creates a 'checksum' for the memory the program uses... Even if the caption changes or large chunks of the memory change, the checksums _should_ stay valid.

Instructions:

1. Start the bad program or whatever (don't start mta or anything)...
  2. Run the program in the zip file
  3. Select the window in the list shown to you in the program
  4. Click the "Create file" button
  5. Exit the program
  6. Email the file it created (which is in the same folder as the exe called datafile.dat) to me (see email address inside program) or pm me a link.

Thanks very much for anyone who helps.

eAi

This is what I have been waiting for a long time

A program that can kick or ban people because to high ping

for a consistent amount of time.

And of course i like the part with more anti cheating integrated also :)

You got yourself a server that is willing to be running with this :)

Is this the program that are used on the Official servers?

It seems like the server monitoring tools they have there has some bad beta bugs. I was banned from on of the officials when on pause. and i jnow of a few people experienced the same. My problem is solved though.

Is this server tool uptated to work with the new mta 3.0 server and client id love to use it to monitor my own server.

And by the way I chatted with a guy who was bragging about how he beat the crc in MTA:vc 3.0. if u want i can pm or mail you what i found out so u can maybe ad it to the program

Keep up the good work :D (and Debugging) :wink:

I think the official servers are running some sort of scripts... Not sure...

You're welcome to PM me with any info on how people get past the built in detection, and yes it does work with 0.3 and 0.2.2 (though i don't know if i'll release a 0.2.2 version).

eAi

lots of trainers here

edited

I'll be waiting for the first release :D

i will help you with the coding and stuff for the program and thast if u want eAi!

IJs has said he *may* help with a linux version. I think the linux version would (initially at least) have to have a windows machine as well :(, i.e. a linux program would redirect the data recieved from the anti-cheat clients and server to the right places, but the server would still be required to be on a windows computer.

If anyone here can program well for linux, and would be willing to write a complete server app, contact me.

eAi

eai: is this thing going to have the server itself check for the crcs? that would be hella cool :)

Its a kinda server check... well the client downloads a crc list from a server... checks the crcs, and tells the servers its ok...

eAi

oh i see. so does this happen everytime you play? or just everytime that crc file is updated.

I hope you do crc check during the game to and not just when the player connects. Or will the program remove the tab key and alt key from the players keyboard? :)

It does a crc check every few seconds while the game is running.

eAi

Its a kinda server check... well the client downloads a crc list from a server... checks the crcs, and tells the servers its ok...

eAi

But what stops the client re-routing the crc to valid files and still playing with the modded?

An how exactly would you re-route a crc check?

eAi

hey man if you know then pm him with the info on how to do it, that way he can put in checks or whatever for it and stop it.

I think eAi definately has the right idea with this client.

Ability for new cheats defintions to be added instantly to all clients

And that is the part I like the best. The files to check are not hard coded into the client, but rather come as definition files which are run at game time.

Because this client is dedicated to anti-cheating alone, it will probably be updated quickly.

hey man if you know then pm him with the info on how to do it, that way he can put in checks or whatever for it and stop it.

Its quite simple. It should take like 5 minutes if he looks.

Because this client is dedicated to anti-cheating alone, it will probably be updated quickly.
It updates the file in half a second or so (broadband)...

eAi