The big 0.3 bug

I am still having trouble loading the vice city menu in MTA mode.

I have no probs connecting to servers but when i click on start game the rockstar intros will come up but after the intros all i get is a black screen. Also if i hit enter to skip the intros the game will freeze and i have to push escape to bring it back to MTA.

I dont know if this might help but every now and then the game will say that it cant find the mta_dll.DLL and ask me to relocate the .exe.

So can someone help?

Sorry forgot to add that i have tried changing versions in the top right corner. i also tried to install vice city v1.1 but i got an error saying the file is an unknown version.

I use to have one but then i uninstalled vice and reinstalled it to a different directory. Ive reinstalled MTA aswell so its in the new directory aswell

Well ive tried everything there is on this site. So far none of them have worked.

I have windows 2000pro and i own the australian version of Vice.

When i was lanning the other night they all installed off my cd and made a server and connected fine. They all had windows XP.

So if any of you developers or anyone else know anything please help cause i love vice city and have been wanting to play online for ages

Well ive got a Geforce fx 5200 so ill see if i can get the new drivers for it.

Where can i get a EU/US exe from. If that is the case then why could all my mates that installed of the same cd as i used get into the server?

Upgrading the Video card drivers didnt work but thanks for the suggestion.

Ill look around for a US exe but if you know where to get one please tell me.

Upgrading the Video card drivers didnt work but thanks for the suggestion.

Ill look around for a US exe but if you know where to get one please tell me.

No, the drivers wouldn't make a difference unless you had an ATI card.

We can't tell you where to get a US exe from either, unfortunately (legal reasons), so you'll have to use Google or something.

Alright there is a big bug in MTA:VC 0.3

symptoms:

*radar not working

*no players visible

*chat works

the team is looking for a fix, check the relevant topics in the MTA:VC general discussion. Do not ask for a fix cause there is none at the moment. Up to date information can be obtained on IRC, from the moment there is a fix it will be uploaded and announced on the frontpage

there is now :P:roll:

posted by me:p

dunno if it works but it works for me ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Ok im not sure if this has been posted before because there are thousands of posts it would take to long to read through them all.

Well anyways my problem is

I join into a server and it connects properly and i can talk to people.

But then when i actually load into Vice City and start game. It goes in fine but when im in the chat box is missing in the top right. I can type but it doesnt pop up.

Also There are no players in the game. It is just like playing regular GTA VC just without missions, Pedestrians, and traffic.

Also it says if have no Audio Hardware even though i do and i can hear sound at the start but in game there is no sound whatsoever.

Yet again im sorry if this has been posted. Plz direct me to the answer if there is one

Thats EXACTLY my problem too!!! And by exactly, I mean EXACTLY.