The big 0.3 bug

• MTA Team

Alright there is a big bug in MTA:VC 0.3

symptoms:

*radar not working

*no players visible

*chat works

the team is looking for a fix, check the relevant topics in the MTA:VC general discussion. Do not ask for a fix cause there is none at the moment. Up to date information can be obtained on IRC, from the moment there is a fix it will be uploaded and announced on the frontpage

i had the problem of radar and player non visible that is fixed trought the 0.3rc2.. and thank averyone BUT... there is a BUT...

the message that the game give after use of the 0.3rc2??

"Disconnected: Client CRC Check Timeout. (Delay = 10 sec)"

the server recognize me like a cheater????

a wanna play!!!! HELP ME!

Hello the MTA team, and thanks for all your efforts making the multiplayer mod which missed so much to GTA3 and Vice City.

It seems to be a nice work.

Yeah I say "seems" because for some strange reason, I have a problem with this mod.

All seems to work fine, I connect to a server, I choose my character but then, I'm disconected.

Every time.

It's not like if I had a dial-up modem, I have a cable modem, and my ping, even if it isn't wonderful, is a good one.

I would like to know why I have this problem, and if you can tell me, how to fix it.

I hope I will have a reply...

Hello the MTA team, and thanks for all your efforts making the multiplayer mod which missed so much to GTA3 and Vice City.

Yeah I say "seems" because for some strange reason, I have a problem with this mod.

All seems to work fine, I connect to a server, I choose my character but then, I'm disconected.

Every time.

It's not like if I had a dial-up modem, I have a cable modem, and my ping, even if it isn't wonderful, is a good one.

I would like to know why I have this problem, and if you can tell me, how to fix it.

I have got the same promblem too!please HELP!!!!!!!!!

Every time.

I think this is too often problem, i have it too, everytime I want to cross from one island to another or want to write anything it tells me "disconnected from server". I played it maybe 20times but I havent met or killed anyone yet. People always stay at their positions and after 10seconds, it tells "Disconnected". Pleeaassseeee Fix it!!!

(My english is not the best, I´m sorry)

I have solved the problem of the Unhandled exception when you try to star the game(however it appear sometimes during the gam).However, I´m having this problem:

I cant play the game, but in some point it quits, and i have to start it again. Seldom the system crashes and i have to reboot my PC. Using XP.

island 1 > island with malibou club, costruction sites & beach

island 2 > island with mansion (nuff said i hope)

island 3 > island with "main drag" (the longest road), demolition stadium & Airport

the island with the moviestudio, is just the island with the moviestudio...

BIG Bug detected.

I run my 24 player server on a Windows 2003 server.

Since yesterday the server got rebooted four times.

All when the MTA server was active.

Now I've haven't started the MTA server today and it still runs smoothly

The Event log says nothing but it gives a nice BSOD :P

MTA server is set without compatibility mode btw.

theres also another bug... when my gta vice city is installed to "c:\program files\gtavc" then the mta tries to find the mta_dll.dll from "c:\program files\Grand Theft Auto Vice City"

• 2 weeks later...
island 1 > island with malibou club, costruction sites & beach

island 2 > island with mansion (nuff said i hope)

island 3 > island with "main drag" (the longest road), demolition stadium & Airport

the island with the moviestudio, is just the island with the moviestudio...

You're going to need to work on your definitions, buddy. You're going to confuse alot of ppl.

1st island >> okay, you got one right

2nd Island >> What you called the third.

Starfish >> The island the mansion is on

Prawn >> Movie studio and robber spawn

Then there's the golf course: Leaf Links

And I can vouch for the bugged-up Sabre Turbo. It falls out of sync sometimes, and sometimes even shows up as a lowriding yellow Rancher.

The Yellow Rancher has bugs of its own, too. When it blows up, the carcass doesn't disappear like it does with other vehicles. it's not uncommon to see a pile of charred rancher skeletons at its spawn.

• 2 weeks later...
is there anything on the Client CRC Check error?

Yeah i have had the exact same problem with the CRC Chat error.

whenever i start a game after about 1min it disconnects me with the error message.

I have looked it up and found that apperantly downgrading to the eralier version 0.3 solves this which it doesn't.

Downgrading to version 0.2 does work but there arn't many servers for it and my friends who don't have this problem play on the 0.3r2 servers.

• 1 month later...

I get the same "Disconnected From Server" error as you guys, except maybe its because I'm using a no-cd crack....(its not illegal if you own the cd, though I lost mine, like everyone else :roll:)

Argh...

Hopefully O.4 will fix this up

• 1 month later...

Ok im not sure if this has been posted before because there are thousands of posts it would take to long to read through them all.

Well anyways my problem is

I join into a server and it connects properly and i can talk to people.

But then when i actually load into Vice City and start game. It goes in fine but when im in the chat box is missing in the top right. I can type but it doesnt pop up.

Also There are no players in the game. It is just like playing regular GTA VC just without missions, Pedestrians, and traffic.

Also it says if have no Audio Hardware even though i do and i can hear sound at the start but in game there is no sound whatsoever.

Yet again im sorry if this has been posted. Plz direct me to the answer if there is one

Hey first of all i think wat MTA is doing is great.Ive got a 2.6ghz cpu,512 DDR ram and a more than capable Geforce 4 MX480 8xAGP but when me and my freinds play MTA:VC over our LAN the other players are really jerky, we have tried different switches (D-Link 16 port 100mbps)and different cables we all use cat 6, is it our network or MTA:VC??????

any help plz contact me [email protected] THX :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Umm i know everyone goning to say the Vice Patch 1.1 but i hvae no problems with the graphics in Single Player there more then Perfect.

Ok in MTA:VC i get to play and everything i see everyone else and yer i got that. but the graphics they flicker and go mad. is it becuase MTA is not working right cause it uses the wrong Directorys and Comes up Bah i will kil you don't cheat. But umm every Mod i Have added is in it when i get MTA to point to a different Directory, has it got something to do with registery or Just a INI?

Or is it Just a Problem Cause my VC requires a Patched EXE?

Thanks, unholy

• 3 weeks later...