mtavc:0.3 Radar Problem (No players visible)

Si|ent

Ok, we know many are suffering from this, bear in mind this is a beta release and beta releases are for exactly this reason, to show up problems.

Now, to aid us in locating the source of the problem and finding a solution for you all please post in here.

ONLY if you are suffering the problem.

The details we require are..

1 Your operating system (windowsXP, windows 2000 for example)

2 Do you have a router?

if so what make/model

3 What location is your vice city directory (c:\program files\vice city\ or d:\games\vice city for example)

4 What location is your MTA directory? (\vice city\mta\ or c:\mta\ for example)

5 Did you uninstall vice city and delete remaining directories then reinstall vice city? (this is a good idea if not)

6 Did you uninstall MTAVC 0.2.2 prior to installing MTAVC 0.3 (also a good idea)

7. What version of Vice city are you using

8 Is the problem erratic or every time you try

9 EDIT: Additional, did u use the installer, if so did u allow it to 'create folders and shortcuts'?

Post in here ONLY to reply to these questions. do NOT post complaints or simple 'i cant see people either' posts. This thread is for collating information. You may however give any other information you feel may be relevant. (other strange problems you are noticing etc)

Edited by Guest
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Windows XP Home SP 1

2. Yes, it is a Linux router

3. C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto Vice City\

4. C:\Program Files\MTA\

5. Yes

6. Yes

7. 1.0 (Tried using 1.1 as well, no luck :-( )

8. Every time

9. Used Installer, uninstalled, tried zip. Still doesn't work.

Nvidia Geforce2 32 MB (Latest Drivers)

Pentium 4 1.4 GHz

512MB DDR SDRAM

Edit: I don't know whether this is related or not, but every time I hit Start Game, it says mta_dll.dll not found. I hit Reset Game Path and set it to the correct location of my gta-vc.exe, and the game starts. But, I have to do this everytime.

Edited by Guest

1 Windows XP Professional SP1 (+ all current updates)

2 DSL connection through standard USB modem

3 C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto Vice City\

4 C:\Program Files\MTA\

5 Completely uninstalled Vice City and removed all associated files and folders (including user folder in My Documents).

6 Tried with just uninstall of 0.2.2 and with a complete uninstall of the game.

7 UK/EUR version of Vice City (both 1.0 and 1.1)

8 Every time

9 Yes to both

Other info: Athlon XP 2600+, Radeon 9700 Pro, Audigy 2

Incidentally, the problem isn't just with the radar. It's a complete lack of other players in the game world. Here's hoping you can find a solution.

Edited by Guest

Router: NO

VC Directory: C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto Vice City

MTA Directory: C:\Program Files\MTA

Yes, I deleted all the ils and then I reinstalled vice city!

I got rid of both ice City (first) then MTAVC 0.2.2 (last)

AMD Athlon 2500+ Processor (retail;Barton) 640kb cache & 333mhz front bus

512MB of Kingston ddr pc2700 ram

ATI radeon 9800 Pro 128mb

Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Platuim. /w Drive

160GB Western Digital Hard Drive with 8mb cache

CD-RW/DVD-ROM combo drive (52x24x52 CD-RW and 16x DVD-ROM)

Link to mobo: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications ... &CatId=179

1. Windows XP Home w/all critical and recommended updates.

2. None

3. c:\program files\rockstar games\grand theft auto vice city\

4. c:\program files\MTA\

5. Yes

6. Yes

7. 1.0

8. Every time

9. Yes to both

Edited by Guest

1)Windows XP Home Edition.

2)No.

3)c\program files\rockstar games\grand theft auto vice city

4)c\program files\MTA

5)About 14-15 times already.

6)With uninstaller and manualy.

7)1.0(tried 1.1(No luck))

8)EVERY TIME

PLZ Help :cry: !!!

I realy want to play!!!

1. Windows XP, Professional.

2. Linksys router

3. C:\Program Files\Multi Theft Auto

4. C:\Program Files\Multi Theft Auto

5. Uninstalled, deleted all folders and registry (except save game files)

6. Yes.

7. 1.1

8. Always

9. Didn't use the installer.

Same problem. Another PC on my local area network does not have this problem, so it is not likely connection related.

1. XP

2. Linksys BEFW11S4

3. The default c:\prog files\rockstar games\vice city

4. I have tried both c\prog files\MTA and same as above +MTA

5. Yes, and deleted all config files, directories and all registry entries I could find

6. Yes, though the other PC on my network did not and it works just fine; even installed it over the top of .2.2

7. 1.0

8. It does not work, period

9. Yes

Just to add a bit of insight in case need be, its not that you cannot "see" anyone. You are in your own game when this is happening. No additional internet traffic is occuring from the time I am sitting in the client chat window to the time I start the game (so in other words no packets are going anywhere), and all of the vehicles start in there default positions, no matter what players on the server are doing.

Edit 1: I also thought it was odd that vehicles respawn instantly when I blow them up.

Edit 2: Obviously there is no one to kill, but if I commit suicide, the server does not give me a negative point, further evidence that when I am starting the game it not actually connected to the server, I believe.

Edited by Guest

1) Windows XP Home Edition SP1 & all available updates

2) Yes, D-Link DI-604

3) D:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto Vice City

4) C:\MTA

5) Yes, although I did not delete directories manually.

6) No, just an overwrite (I didn't get the bug the first 3 times I played but the fourth time it hit me.)

7) 1.1 US

8) Since it started, it has been every time.

9) Yes I allowed it to create folders and shortcuts

10) I'm also using ZoneAlarm Pro 4.5, but I doubt that has anything to do with it.

1)Windows XP Pro + SP2

2)Yes. Origo ASR 8400 ADSL Modem/Router (i have opened up ports: 2003, 4003 (i run servers), and 2126 on the router btw)

3)C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto Vice City

4)C:\Program Files\MTA

5)Yes. Twice

6)No. But after i had problems i wiped everything to do with mta by using the uninstaller and manually by browsing the program files folder.

7)1.0 (No-CD Crack)

8)Every Single Time!

9)Used the zip first but wen i had problems i wiped it and used the intaller (exe) My installer only says "Do not create shortcuts", and that chexbox was unchecked (allowing it to create shortcuts)

10)Im using Norton Internet Security 2004 Pro btw incase u need to know.

1. Windows XP

2. Yes, Netgear (Wireless)

3. C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto Vice City

4. C:\Program Files\MTA

5. No

6. No

7. 1.0

8. Tried twice.. happend both times.

...This sucks. :cry:

1 windows XP home

2 no router

3 vice city directory" c:\program files\rockstar games\grand theft auto vice city\

4 c:\program files\mta\

5 yes

6 no, i didn't uninstall MTAVC 0.2.2 prior to installing MTAVC 0.3, but i tried installing 0.2.2 and then uninstalling then installing 0.3, no luck :cry:

7. 1.0

8 every time I try

9 I used the installer, I did allow it to 'create folders and shortcuts', then un-installed and tried not, didn't work, re-installed w/ created folders and shortcuts, still no luck :cry:

yeah i figure this has been mentioned but its not just the radar, but also the entire gaming world. In fact the only contact you have with other people on the server is the chat box.

1. Windows XP Pro

2. No

3. G:\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto Vice City\

4. D:\Program Files\MTA\

5. Yes

6. Yes And No (Done Both)

7. 1.0

8. Everytime

9. Used Installer and Zip, Both Have The Same Problem.

ADDITIONAL,

a. Chat Messes up Half the time.

b. Game crashes after about 30 seconds to a minute, everytime.

c. Temperarly freezes at character select.

d. I use a No-Cd Crack so I don't scratch my game to hell.

e. Ive tried it without the No-Cd Crack and it still messes up.

f. I have never had a problem with anyother mta modification (GTA3:MTA or MTA:VC)

g. Ive Tried changing compatibility modes for mta and vc.

h. Ive tried it on my other pc with Windows XP Home, And Also on my dads computer with Windows 2000, same problem with All.

And The REST,

My main pc(Im using) has, Windows XP Professional, Radeon 9800 512MB DDR, DirectX 9.0b, 1024 MB of RAM, 56k Modem, Pentium 4 2.68GHZ Prossesor(overclocked from 2.4GHZ, I think), CD-RW/DVD-ROM 52x32x52 CD-RW and 12x DVD-ROM LG, 120GB Maxter HD,

1800x1440x32 Resolution, Drive Partitioned In 5 partitions, Duel Booting System, 98 on C drive and XP Pro on D Drive,

Um Thats All I can Think OF Adding, I tried to put as much info as I could. Good Luck Fixing The Problem.

Windows XP Home

Yes Linksys BEFW1134

C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto Vice City

C:\Program Files\MTA

No

No

Yes

Installer

Additional: In my case once you join, you don't see any of the players that are in the server, icluding cars. All there is are parked cars and the map. A yellow blip on the map indicateing the characters on the lighthouse, and a pink arrow pointing to the pizza place. But the chat box works just fine. My comuter is a 2.4ghz intel pent. 4, 64mb GFti, Soyo Motherboard, no sound card, logitec mouse (if it helps at all....) and 3??k dsl.

Edited by Guest

1. Windows XP Pro SP1

2. yes

5. no

6. Yes

7. 1.1

8. Everytime

Additional Information:

I believe this problem is not a simple incompatablity issue. My problem atleast is that the game does not refresh with new information. I think most of you will find that if you alt tab out and back into the game, you will see that you have blips, and the players moved around (the game refreshed). My analasis is that the client does not update the game with the info (unless alt-tabbed), why does this happen? I don't know, but it should not be to tough a problem to fix given you have the source code.

1. Windows XP Pro SP1

2. yes

5. no

6. Yes

7. 1.1

8. Everytime

Additional Information:

I believe this problem is not a simple incompatablity issue. My problem atleast is that the game does not refresh with new information. I think most of you will find that if you alt tab out and back into the game, you will see that you have blips, and the players moved around (the game refreshed). My analasis is that the client does not update the game with the info (unless alt-tabbed), why does this happen? I don't know, but it should not be to tough a problem to fix given you have the source code.

1. Windows XP pro

2. Yes. Linksys "Network Everywhere" NR041 (Identical in all respects to BEFSR41 but in a different casing)

3. C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto Vice City

4. C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\MTA-VC

5. Not yet.

6. No, but I'm sure the files got overwriten.

7. 1.1

8. Every time so far

9 Yes.

:!: My Problem is exactly identicle to that except, my game crashes after about 1 minute :!:

1. Windows 2000 Pro Service Pack 4

2. No Router

3. C:\GTA\

4. E:\program files\mta\

5. Yes

6. Yes

7. 1.1

8. EVERYTIME

9. Installer used, all directories created.

umm this is no1 in game at all not just a FUBAR'd radar

also i have tried different settings, 1.0 doesnt work either, having mta installed ~ C:\MTA\ doesnt help anything, ALL MTA Files were removed before i installed 0.3, mta.ini was removed also prior to installation.

Edited by Guest