NO PLAYERS ON MAP IN MTA 0.3!

BlaZe_UK

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone with this problem have more than one mta_dll.dll on their system? That 's the only thing I can think of that would cause this. I know when I had mta 0.2 and 0.2.2 on my system it was usin the old dll and that caused all kinds of craashes. Do a find->files or folders-> mta_dll.dll and see what you have.

I started with a clean vc install and used the .zip unzipped to the vc dir and it worked fine.

I only have one copy of the file mta_dll.dll which is in my mtavc directory, although I found another mta_dll.dll within the MTAInstallv2.zip but I dont think that should affect anything... and I still get the problem, no one on radar or in the game, just the chat..

Happy New Year ! (47 min ago in TX)

To those who have unintalled v.3 and installed 2.2, remember that the official servers are now .3 instead of .2.2,, be sure to test on a .2.2 server, or it won't work at all i've found.

I had the radar problem as well, uninstalled, put .2.2 back on, and it works fine with .2.2 servers, altho those don't currently include the official ones, it's better than nothing til they patch it up.

BTW, why is it so important you get on blaze, last time i saw you, you were sitting there spamming out of game, not to criticize or anything...no wait it is criticization. :roll:

I only have one copy of the file mta_dll.dll which is in my mtavc directory, although I found another mta_dll.dll within the MTAInstallv2.zip but I dont think that should affect anything... and I still get the problem, no one on radar or in the game, just the chat..

Happy New Year ! (47 min ago in TX)

How about mta.ini in \windows? Did you delete that before installing 0.3?

alot of people in our clan/the official servs are saying that if you restart vice city a couple of times you might "get lucky." so heres something i want someone to try, get on a server, and just restart vice city (close to windows then open it back up again and get in game) and do that about 10 times. if that works lemme know. :)

Hmmm I have an Nvidia chipset too (nforce 2) and i get the prob. Maye it hardware related.

Not likely. Not everyone who has had the problem has an nforce2. I give up for now. I have tried every easy fix I can think of and nothing works. LEts hope there is a fix for it soon.

Whenever i change the C:\WINDOWS\mta.ini and start up cliet, then change is not made. And i look back at mta.ini and my changes are gone. i am very sure that i saved it. Could this gotta do with the mta_dll.dll error problem? :?