Just Some Ideas

NaMaNaX

Master ban list, good idea, but... that debate has been done...

1: Vote Kick / Ban (server optional)

Players would be able to moderate a server themselves when admins are asleep and not at the wheel of the server. Sure, this can be abused. I play Unreal Tournament 2003, and there are many servers with vote kick mods and these servers run very cleanly for getting rid of abusive people.

2: Client Side Damage Monitoring

this would detect if the player had been hit. If the player is hit, and health does not drop, Vice City is forced to shut down, much like gtat. Gtat has very good cheat protection. Also, monitoring health at all times as well, if health increases without use of a health pickup, then Vice City crashes.

3: Maybe somehow blocking or detecting the functions of trainers, such as writing to memory. Monitor read / write actions to Vice City memory data. the current method of detection trainer window names is ok, but, an infinate number of trainers can be made. if someone were so inclined a trainer could be made to run with no windows, residing in the task bar, or even as a system service.

4: Use exe compression on MTAClient.exe, hex editing would be eliminated. If you want to run the exe as it is now, plain text, uncompressed, then use variables to call on files for checking.

For example, in the current setup, one part of MTAClient refers to mta.scm, as well the crc check searches for mta.scm.

MTAClient can be modded to search for an alternate crc file, such as atm.scm. While the First variable still reads mta.scm. (I assume this is to tell Vice City to load mta.scm instead of main.scm)

Anyways,

var deathmatch = mta.scm

MTAClient would use the variable for CRC checking and telling vice city what file to load. To sum it up, if I mod what the variable is to say

var deathmatch = atm.scm (atm.scm = hacked file)

then the crc would still catch it, now way around this without some serious decompiling and rewriting the code.

Anyways, just ideas, I dont know what exactally can be done.

I myself love to play any game modded after its been beaten.

how about some mod modes, or maybe an insecure client that will NOT connect to secure servers. I play on a friends server occasionally and we all run modded cars, and its the most fun ever. And Im sure your ignorant enough to disagree with me, or maybe not. I would at least hope for health monitoring, vote kicking for people who really abuse the game / servers, as well, maybe an open handling.cfg mode.

Thanx,

just another cheater,

NaMaNaX

P.S. 95% of the time, I cheat to drive fast and have fun, the other times, Im assaulting someone who stole my car. :evil: Fix cheating, Im all for that, but at least give us an option. thank You, and happy new years. :)

Master ban list, good idea, but... that debate has been done...

1: Vote Kick / Ban (server optional)

talked about do a search

2: Gtat has very good cheat protection.

Yeah it's called "No one plays it" great cheat protection can't cheat if you cant play

3: Maybe somehow blocking or detecting the functions of trainers, such as writing to memory. Monitor read / write actions to Vice City memory data. the current method of detection trainer window names is ok, but, an infinate number of trainers can be made. if someone were so inclined a trainer could be made to run with no windows, residing in the task bar, or even as a system service.

I love that "somehow" why not have them invent a tricorder while your at it idea man.

4: Use exe compression on MTAClient.exe, hex editing would be eliminated. If you want to run the exe as it is now, plain text, uncompressed, then use variables to call on files for checking.

For example, in the current setup, one part of MTAClient refers to mta.scm, as well the crc check searches for mta.scm.

MTAClient can be modded to search for an alternate crc file, such as atm.scm. While the First variable still reads mta.scm. (I assume this is to tell Vice City to load mta.scm instead of main.scm)

The helpful cheater. The thief with a heart of gold, your the robin hood of game cheating. Use your powers for good evildoer!

Anyways, just ideas, I dont know what exactally can be done.

I myself love to play any game modded after its been beaten.

how about some mod modes, or maybe an insecure client that will NOT connect to secure servers. I play on a friends server occasionally and we all run modded cars, and its the most fun ever. And Im sure your ignorant enough to disagree with me, or maybe not. I would at least hope for health monitoring, vote kicking for people who really abuse the game / servers, as well, maybe an open handling.cfg mode.

Thanx,

just another cheater,

NaMaNaX

P.S. 95% of the time, I cheat to drive fast and have fun, the other times, Im assaulting someone who stole my car. :evil: Fix cheating, Im all for that, but at least give us an option. thank You, and happy new years. :)

So smug, try to build something sometime then watch people try to ruin it. Also it's funny that you don't think you "really"abuse the game. Your the guy with a pharm addiction who thinks crackheads go too far. Your a cheater too. Your a good person to test the master ban list on. happy new year ya cheatin' prick

I can see why so many like to cheat...

They want to wail on those with KungFu's "Holier Than Thou" attitude

I love that "somehow" why not have them invent a tricorder while your at it idea man.
Don't see you offering helpful advice
Use your powers for good evildoer!
He apparently has all this time. the mta team is doing something major about cheaters(tho it may not come for a while)

A better anti-cheat system should have been in order since 0.1

The main method of people using trainers in mta is by hexediting the MTAclient.exe and removing the names of the trainers

If the exe was compressed(of which there are hundreds of programs to do such) then noone could hexedit the exe and remove the trainer checks

That is the biggest step towards stopping cheaters, removing the ability to edit out trainer checks

I hope 0.3 comes in a compressed exe format

Not sure whats worse, me cheating or your attitude problem KFG.

You can flame me all you want cuz Im an admitted cheater. Im 1 out of however many hundred or so.

Why cheat now? you can't go on a server without someone or even many people cheating. I usually play late night, so there's no one around monitoring servers, which more often than not ends up in a server of mild chaos. :shock: Its not fun to play fair in that situation. I'd like to see you try.

MTA is a great mod but right now is as insecure as a convertable top down. If they do a good job with it and keep the servers clean i'll cheat on my own servers and respect the rules. Right now its every man for himself.

The usuall case I've seen lately is some n00b gets killed by a cheater, complains and whines for a few minutes and then asks how to cheat. they just want a level playing field, which is how I came about all of this. Make MTA secure and force a clean game, then I'm damn sure people would respect that. A lot less crashing would help as well. :evil:

So add me to a ban list for keeping up with the level of chaos. Whatever. I'm not out to try and be some angel "oh I never cheat, im perfect, blah blah blah". Just doing what I can to keep up with the pace and keep having fun. Although running a clean install and trying to dodge the "demi gods" isnt boring either. i'd just rather not.

EDIT: You said no one plays gtat and that justifies its anti cheating. have you tried it? I have, and trainers did not seem to work at all. I'll have to install and run again to make sure. But, looks like they have a one up on MTA.

Have either of you ever seen me in the server? gah is going to wail on me? Tampax needs to cheat so he can kill? lame and lamer

Last night I was playing and once again I was on the top of the kill list. Not only do I not cheat or pause I have a really low ping 30 sometimes so I die easy. If you want to level the playing field just play better. How can I do so well with all the advantages you have?

Just cause your not the only lamer doesn't make you less of one. Just play fair if someone cheats get them booted. Your in the game if you do like me and tell cheaters to stop you will help the cause of not cheating. If you cheat in the game then new guy will frustrated and start cheating if he has lamer tendencies, like you.

I am not saying I am the best but I am good enough to not needs cheats.

oh btw my attitude problem is worse don't believe me? see me in the city.

The current core MTA software uses has security issues, yes.

The next core will not.

Oh, and DO stop cheating. If you've all forgotten, we aren't getting any money out of this project. So forcing us to rewrite and rerelease (time to recode and repackage, plus bandwidth costs) isn't going to incline us to keep working on MTA.

-Derek

aka slush

Have either of you ever seen me in the server?
No, thank god
gah is going to wail on me?
show me where I said that
Just play fair
I usually do.
oh btw my attitude problem is worse don't believe me? see me in the city.
No thanks, I see enough dicks in mta already

And slush, just get the mta 0.3 exe compressed, it doesn't require any recoding at all

I can see why so many like to cheat...

They want to wail on those with KungFu's "Holier Than Thou" attitude

Read your own posts

Doesn't matter what you think of me. I am a noncheater with a low ping I should be easy pickings. Can't wait to meet you.

btw

Usually playing fair means your a cheater. It's like being a little pregnant either you cheat or you don't. Why not always play fair. Doesn't matter thou I can get you before you hit your health key, :twisted:

Have either of you ever seen me in the server? gah is going to wail on me? Tampax needs to cheat so he can kill? lame and lamer

I dont cheat to kill, I cheat to thrash around on stunt, which is a majority of what I play, trying to play DM sux. Cheating or not its next to impossible to kill someone who is moving. Someone standing still is still most often not even in the exact position they appear in. I've seen people in cars, who were supposedly stopped, keep drifting along.

the people I do kill are the ones who steal my cars in stunt. If you crash yer bike, dont come running to me or I'll be running you over. I just want to drive around. Don't give me the whole line about "stealing is a part of the game". I know that, But Im sure you're more than happy to drive cars all the way across the map and have them jacked by someone who refuses to walk 10 feet for another.

Some people steal your car when there is like 5 of them right behind them, why, cuz they want to steal something, or piss someone off, which is what they get.

Anyways, like "gah" said, compress the exe, its the simplest way to stop modding the file.

When I first got MTA 0.2 and learned about cheating, and that people were using trainers, i wanted to find out how, figured out it was searching the titles of the trainers, so, i first tried to change the title name of Lith joe's trainer, and I still cant edit it because the stupid exe is compressed and I havent found anything that can undo it.

I came to make a few suggestions and try to help, despite being a cheater I know what the right thing to do is. but, whatever, piss in my face you bad ass. :roll: try and enjoy the new years or something.

Edit: and if were on the whole name calling bit Lil Mr KungPooGrip, i have backups of all my clean files, wanna play sometime, just say it. but for now, I'm going to bed, see you next year. :lol:

Cheating or not its next to impossible to kill someone who is moving.

Edit: and if were on the whole name calling bit Lil Mr KungPooGrip, i have backups of all my clean files, wanna play sometime, just say it. but for now, I'm going to bed, see you next year. :lol:

I was just going to suggest that. I will show you how it is very possible to hit a moving target. Get my msn I play every chance I get and I will give you a lesson so you can go into a lamer recovery program. Any KFC member will do if you can't find me just tell them I sent you. Happy New Year Tampax you cheatin' prick.

You want to know what I've done? Slight modifications to my cars for stunt servers(no, none of this "tap the gas and it flies like a bat out of hell. its all an extra 30-40 to max speed and some tweaked traction/suspension/steering)

Just like NaMaNaX, I prefer to just drive around and do some wild jumps on stunt servers

I don't like dm either, I'd rather play stunt than drive around in dm and wait for someone to shoot out my tires

Stunt is more fun, less bull, and a lot more laid back

If someone tries to jack my car or just annoys me in some way(ramming into me all the time, etc), yes, I will run them down.

If they're using a trainer to keep from dieing, I saw "feck it" go off to ramp some more and think "more power to them"

Yea, I used to cheat in dm, but it got boring just beating the piss out of player after player. So, I stick to stunt, where people are more likely to laugh if you go flying 3 times farther than normal

I rarely see people screaming "cheater!" in stunt(except for when someone has an obscenely modded car), where in dm, an honest frag gets you accused of cheating. Doesn't matter how you got the frag, 50% of the time you get accused of cheating

You want to kill someone, go ahead, you'll find me flying around the map on a stunt server

Yea, I used to cheat in dm, but it got boring just beating the piss out of player after player. So, I stick to stunt, where people are more likely to laugh if you go flying 3 times farther than normal

I rarely see people screaming "cheater!" in stunt(except for when someone has an obscenely modded car), where in dm, an honest frag gets you accused of cheating. Doesn't matter how you got the frag, 50% of the time you get accused of cheating

You want to kill someone, go ahead, you'll find me flying around the map on a stunt server

The reason everyone who just lags, mis syncs or is good is accused of cheating is because of people like you who make cheating common. I don't accuse someone of cheating most times because I know how bad sync and lag can get.

The point of the stunt server is not killing so it's not as big a deal to use your cheats there. It's still breaking the eula and lame but the fact that you can jump farther than me in there isn't as bad as someone using a minigun in dm. Since you do a slight speedhack someone who is a real skilled noncheater stunter might take offense to your cheating but like I said I don't go in there much. Just make sure when you pop over into the dm side you look me up. :twisted:

The reason everyone who just lags, mis syncs or is good is accused of cheating is because of people like you who make cheating common.
I got accused of cheating in mta dm long before I ever had an clue how to cheat

As for the minigun, I rarely used it. The only times I did was when I knew the other guy had a trainer running with inf hp and armor, and then it was for only laughs(and the occasional hacked heli which refused to go down by any means)

More than once, I've had to explain to players how it could appear that someone is cheating. Explaining that mta was pretty bad with pings jumping all over, packetloss(due to client and/or server) and even synching problems

A lot of players are stuck in the mentality of "If I can't kill him, he's cheating" and don't realize there are other factors that make it harder to kill people

I haven't seen 0.3 yet, I've only been at my system for the last hour checking other things, so I guess I'll see how things look now