TCT: FlowEditor

TEDERIs

• 3 months later...

Since my last post, graph editor greatly improved. The editor has a lot of tools simplify the construction of game modes. Below is a video showing the working of some nodes.

In addition, in the near future there will be an official test server. I am ready to listen to any question.

This resource is very interesting, since it just brings Lua scripting to a GUI interface. It really going to help many people. But a thing that makes me get in doubt is how much complexion it support. Because a huge project containing lot of elements may cause delay on executing tasks, since MTA has to run the FlowEditor. We could notice this clearly when using this tool for creating game modes, since few lines of code seems to be unless.

In general i can say that FlowEditor has a great propose on its essence and i really support the idea. As TEDERIs is open to receive users questions, i'll open my mind to him:

One day, RaceXtreme dreamed with MTA. Oh god, what a dream. A tool could make magic and turn elements into great stories provided by his imagination. He was flying around GTA world and created a unknown model. He made a few clicks and new builds, new cars parts and new dynamic objects were spawned there. He opened the story line box and selected race option. Now he was free to rock. He added the frist camera and he played with the spawns. He added sound dummys around the map and also attached it to elements. Even for each player vehicle. Shaders were there to finish the labor. He finished his resource and used animation box to create his video. After a few days, the movie was rendered in 3Ds max and ready to suffer changes in Vegas. Suddenly, he's OS got a kernel panic and the HD got corrupted... the end

Why don't turn FlowEditor into Race's dreamed tool? I know you dreamed with this too lol

I have developed two variants of graph building: with code generation and using the abstract nodes. The first method is faster but uses more memory on the server. I want to create a tool that allows a few clicks to create a game mode, which is not inferior to the standard. Such as Race and Deathmatch. After some time, I'll release a resource, so that anyone can use it in their projects.

thats what I call a really useful ressource, GG.

You can take a look on Little big planet editor and UDK kismet for ideas

This can help alot with scripts that need visual, camera movement is a good example

If its well done I'm sure it will be faster to script with this at some point.

• 2 months later...

I want to show the creation of a simple game mode. It includes capture the area and select of the gang.

Graph is a medium difficulty and contains about 40 nodes and 60 edges.

One of the most complete version of the editor you can see on the test server.

Connection info:

• IP - 46.38.62.78
  • Port - 22003
  • Name - TEDERIs Sandbox

More information coming soon.