Idea -> Map Editing...

Guest Vinniej

Do you want it too?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want it too?

• Yes!
    • No!
    • yes if it doesn't affect MTA in a negative way.

It will be nice if you can edit your maps for your own server. Then you can place cars were you need.

I want to place more cars, over the whole level. More stunt shit or what ever.

That will be nice, hope that is it coming :lol::lol::D:D

Sorry for my fucking bad english :roll:

• 3 weeks later...

But when u get hijacked in the middle of the road, U'll have to run sooooo far to find a vehicle. (Even pressing DELETE doesn't help) And most of the time U get killed when u run searching for vehicles.

Trust me I have faced this.

i think the point of his post / poll, was would anyone else like to be able to place their own stuff, cars / ramps, etc, be able to mod it yourself, not to bitch about difficult it can be to get a car. and i think you should be able to mod it in the way he mentioned.

*votes yes*

i think the point of his post / poll, was would anyone else like to be able to place their own stuff, cars / ramps, etc, be able to mod it yourself, not to bitch about difficult it can be to get a car. and i think you should be able to mod it in the way he mentioned.

*votes yes*

I've always been highly critical of the MTA:VC team removing this. Games like Unreal Tournament, Quake, Half-life and GTA2 maintained such longevity because they allowed map modifications to be used in both single and multiplayer modes. To remove this needlessly starves the modding community of one of the greatest gameplay additions possible.

Retaining the standard deathmatch mode with the CRC checks required to prevent cheating is a great idea which I admire and I'm glad it was implemented so well. However, an "unlimited" mode should also be included whereby no checks for trainers or modifications are made. Additionally, distributing a decompiled version of the SCM so that the many serious, professional-grade modifiers who work with Vice would enable such projects as Myriad Islands, Dexxland, Majera, GTA: Berlin and London Vice to enter a whole new dimension through multiplayer.

I simply cannot express fully how devastating I find it when every new version of MTA:VC contains no ability to use deathmatch on new maps and doesn't enable other talented modifiers to make the best of this by distributing a decompiled SCM.

I'm totally amazed that, at the time of making this post, there are 4 votes against and only 4 votes for allowing map modifications. :shock:

first of all the mta team wants a stable core before adding gamemodes and stuff, i accept and respect that so im just gonna wait till its stable and maybe then we can start making suggestions for other mods/releases

i think there would be less cheating right now when the team would have released another version w/o checking the files, i mean the web is filled up with hacked clients just coz there is no other way to use own maps handlings or whatever...

its very hard for me to write this post so that nobody feels pissed and i would never criticize the work of the team but i just wanted to spit out my opinion and the way i see the situation

i hope the next core will have a better cheat protection OR another version for ppl who want to use mods

i personally dont play DM coz of them damn cheaters but i would also like to race with others and use own handlings, thats why 2 releases would be awesome....kinda mixed up situation :?

i already voted: yes, and i cant reset my vote but for all those who think the same way i do i added another poll option: yes if it doesn't affect MTA in a negative way.

sorry for my bad english

ps: Cerbera: most ppl here think : mods=cheats, thats why some just vote "no" w/o even reading the thread :?

first of all the mta team wants a stable core before adding gamemodes and stuff, i accept and respect that so im just gonna wait till its stable and maybe then we can start making suggestions for other mods/releases

i think there would be less cheating right now when the team would have released another version w/o checking the files, i mean the web is filled up with hacked clients just coz there is no other way to use own maps handlings or whatever...

its very hard for me to write this post so that nobody feels pissed and i would never criticize the work of the team but i just wanted to spit out my opinion and the way i see the situation

i hope the next core will have a better cheat protection OR another version for ppl who want to use mods

i personally dont play DM coz of them damn cheaters but i would also like to race with others and use own handlings, thats why 2 releases would be awesome....kinda mixed up situation :?

i already voted: yes, and i cant reset my vote but for all those who think the same way i do i added another poll option: yes if it doesn't affect MTA in a negative way.

sorry for my bad english

ps: Cerbera: most ppl here think : mods=cheats, thats why some just vote "no" w/o even reading the thread :?

Fighting cheaters will always be a losing battle because it's not the responsibility of the people who make the mod to protect people from those who are corrupt. I would suggest that it is a responsibility - or at least a courteous duty - that the modders who make MTA:VC support all the other modders in the community by allowing free modification of MTA:VC, supplying the uncompiled SCM and so on. Just doing a little things like this to help the rest of us take this brilliant device further. :)

k, ive seen cheats/modders (maybe cudda), they took me me on top of the stadium, and there was nothing on top. then he suddenly got into a hotring on top. im gessing that the car was part of the mod and installing into vice. so if he gets into a car and it synchs. wat if: mta places lots of cars into vice,(not synched) and as soon as sum1 gets in, then it synchs. i was just wondering. im no programmer

Cerbera said:

I've always been highly critical of the MTA:VC team removing this

Removing it? We have done no such thing, as has been said many times before the mod is in its early stages, the core is still being developed, throwing thousands of variables in that we have no way of tracking would defeat the whole object of releasing public betas in the first place. Also note it has NOT been said we will never allow customisation of the final product, merely that right now we are not ready to entertain the idea.

As for this poll its a little like making one saying 'I'd like to have free food and rent free housing and 2 complimentary crates of beer delivered to my doorstep every day' Of course you would, we all would. But is it feasable? no.

Also note that comparing mta to Unreal Tournament or Quake is pointless, they are games built from the ground up with multiplayer enabled, and feature map change handling and modifications from the word go. Whereas gta3 was never intended to be multiplayer, has a fixed map to all intents and purposes (yes i know it can be customised, even replaced with a lot of work but it was NOT designed for such replacements). Not to mention the fundamental fact that the aforementioned games where developed with full access to the source, (obviously as they where the ones writing it), and no open beta releases in the way we release mta.

If you would like an open to all multiplayer modification with no control over its content or methods then i strongly suggest you begin to develop one. I'd be most interested to see if you follow up your words and make it open source.

you have 3 posts, and it says "Developer" under your avatar....

you must be new.

No, I've been around for a while. I just don't post on the public forums very often.

I'm sure everyone (including people on the team) would like to see map modifications - as long as everyone on a particular server was running the same map mod, and that it doesn't cause confusion for people connecting to a server without support for that mod.

Most of us on the team work with MTA and GTA every single day. We know about most of the hacks, cheats, map mods and if we had felt it was secure enough to allow people to disable modification checks in 0.3, we probably would have done so.

Having public servers where people are running different map mods not only causes undefined behaviour, it also looks bad on behalf of the team because we have failed to provide a consistant mod.

Contrary to what some people may think, we're not trying to wrap everything up for ourselves and take all the glory. All these releases are part of a process to make MTA a better mod. And if you give us some time I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Just be patient ™