No sound and lower fps when crossfiring 2 AMD Radeon 6670s?

blurryshadow1

Question

Okay, so i just recently have installed two 6670s into my system. (1. AMD Radeon HD 6670 1GB DDR3, 2. AMD Radeon HD 6670 1GB DDR5)

But whenever i play mta, i get no sound from gta itself. Only the mta sound works.. And ive noticed i get a bit lower fps when crossfiring... Its also like this for gta4 (Except theres actually sound on there..)

And on Skyrim, i actually get a boost in fps and it works great :D. I dont know whats going on with gta..

Dxdiag: http://pastebin.com/vU413C5P

edit: nvm about the sound issue, i discovered that i actually had an another audio output that the games sound went through disabled. I just enabled it and the sound works again.

8 answers to this question

Nope sound in gtasa singleplayer doesnt work either.. And my fps is still worse in gtasa and mta. Ive been looking this up and i think it may be because the gta games arent optimized properly for crossfire..

Oh and i noticed that my sound on gtasa singleplayer works (like at the menus) for a little bit then it just cuts off

Yes, I believe that some DirectX 9 games are actually slower with Crossfire. I would leave Crossfire disabled for GTA & MTA.

I'm not sure what to suggest regarding your sound issue. If other applications and games output sound okay, perhaps try changing the sound provider setting in GTA.