Ideas for Teamplay:

Guest sabbry

I posted a thread promoting the game on the IGN Vestibule board, but let me share my idea for a fun red team vs. blue team idea:

Say each person on a team has 500 dollars on them. Every time one of them dies they lose the money and the opposing team picks it up. First team with a combined $50,000 or so wins, and the person with the most $$$ collected is obviously ranked highest.

Full Post:

This online mod for Vice City may be the funnest game since my first time with Counter Strike. It shows real promise. It could, with a few uprgrades, rival Day of Defeat or BF1942 in terms of team play.

Let me state the problems with the early beta:

1. Unknown handling errors are frequent because the MTA team essentially hacked into the Vice City code. (should be fixed on upgrade.)

2. Animation is choppy, South Park style. (They promised full animation on upgrade.)

3. More hackers then Counter Strike.

4. Lacks teamplay elements, such as having "friendly blips" on the radar.

5. Lacks an effective scoring system. I have a suggestion:

-Say each person on a team has 500 dollars on them. Every time one of them dies they lose the money and the opposing team picks it up. First team with a combined $50,000 or so wins, and the person with the most $$$ collected is obviously ranked highest.

All in all though, its a fun game. I'm in a clan right now and we like to hang out and team up on others. After all you can take passengers in the car or helicopter and basically hop out and kill others. I'm actually thinking of starting a 24 person server at $90 mo. I figure it's a way to support the MTA community and the dev team on their endeavors. Of course it would be open to the Vestibule people as well.

TRY IT!

2. Animation is choppy, South Park style. (They promised full animation on upgrade.)

no they didn't

4. Lacks teamplay elements, such as having "friendly blips" on the radar.

there are different team, but it is ffa, but you can talk with people on a server to do teamplay

5. Lacks an effective scoring system

it is effective, because it is ffa, you just need to know the kills

Yea, I suppose. I'm kind of thinking in reference to mods like Counter-Strike, and Day of Defeat for Half-Life that went Retail. But I guess since there isn't much of an "idea" to it really.....it's just VC multiplayer. Mind you, it is awesome, but it's just the idea, everyone had the idea, it's the ability to do it.