Suspended Gang

Blokker_1999

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He already stated that he doesnt play DM servers and neither do I. Also the majority of people who play stunt servers never play DM servers. Its too different kinds of gameplay. So how can it be cheating? Your not competing for anything on stunt. You can only cheat if your trying to acheive a goal or win something. Highest points, most kills, whatever. In stunt there is nothing. You just drive around and go off ramps.

Also stunt is not fun unless you *cheat*. What is fun about having your car blow up after going off 3 ramps? Nothing. I didnt like anything related too online play with Grand Theft Auto 3 or VC till I met Cudda and was introduced to his map mod. If it wasnt for the fact that I can make and use map mods and othe edited files I wouldnt even play it at all because it just wasnt any fun. If i want to play a good dm game Ill play one that was created for that purpose. Unreal, Medal Of Honor, Battlefield, Call of Duty, the list goes on.

I guess im just not 1337 enough to enjoy a fine experience such as this.

People who are hard core against map mods suck. I love map mods for messing around. I know that ramps to buildings can be like cheating(flying in the air), but I like map mods for adding a jump, or little half pipe here or there so that when im cruising down the road, I dont get bored, or can have some fun. I still don't use map mods since there isnt a map mod thats pure jumps. Too bad admins are against them.

they are prob against them due to the fact that people can stand behind them in a fight and youl never touch them for one example. there are many ways that map mods can be abused, and map mods definently can give someone an advantage.

People who are hard core against map mods suck. I love map mods for messing around. I know that ramps to buildings can be like cheating(flying in the air), but I like map mods for adding a jump, or little half pipe here or there so that when im cruising down the road, I dont get bored, or can have some fun. I still don't use map mods since there isnt a map mod thats pure jumps. Too bad admins are against them.

I suck

Play them on singleplayer. Btw, how do you use them without a cracked client, tsk tsk.

Ofcourse there are always people who want to ruin the game for others but almost everybody I played against in stunt servers never played in DM either, so if they installed Cudda! World and just played in DM it was for the sole purpose to cheat in DM. I never played on a DM server with Cudda! World installed so I dont know how it can be used against others. I cant think of how it could be used to cheat either. When I had it installed and I hoped in a car with somebody who didnt have it and we would go through a ramp I would get tossed out and killed.

dammit, im always typing king instead of Kung, u know what i meant though but if it makes u feel good ill let u pretend thats what i meant to type

Heh heh heh. Yeah that's good stuff.

The thing about having maps for DM is just for miniramps or so on the side of the road to make things more interesting like wall riding a building. Abusing something like this is pretty hard and would be dumb anyway. I can see why some portions of cudda.

If you can use a ramp that I don't have that is an advantage. Imagine you are running away and use that ramp. Plus you can stand behind a ramp for cover. I don't see it so I am lighting you up. You see all the bullets hitting the ramp. advantage again.

Also there is this.

Answering the question about why map mods are not supported

sigh...

the reason we view such things as cheating is quite simple..

it affects the gameplay in an unplanned way for other gamers...

Right now, there is no way to guarantee other mods are being used by the other people playing MTA. This causes huge problems in multi play.

the cardinal rule of multiplayer programming is... if it affects gameplay make sure its synced.

In situations of map mods, we can't guarantee everyone is using the same one, as such we consider map mods cheating.

I dont hear people complaining that games like Counterstrike and BF1942 have taken measures to verify that the map data is consistent among all players. I know this brings up the issue, "why not sync the maps and have others able to download them." this goes back to the fundamental difference between MTA and other multiplayer games. CS and BF1942 were designed as multiplayer games, maps are individual files here. in VC its not a simple matter, and we can't focus our efforts into integrating a util to edit the .img .txd (whatever) files of every other player. We are much more focused on gameplay, and stability.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but you have to look at it this way. We are VERY early in development. we release beta's to find bugs and ways to correct them. but the experiment goes wrong when you start throwing in other variables such as map mods (which could cause crashes). and we are left trying to find where they originated. it makes our life harder as developers, and affects teh quality of our future releases.

Kent

k i cant believe you guys are still on this subject but for the last time we know using cudda is cheating on DM servers. how many times do we have to say we dont go to DM servers we only play on a stunt server that allows mods and you guys said it your self that its ok to use it if the server allows it. im done with this subject because were doing nothing wrong by playing on a server that allows it. and i know your gonna say but its breaking the eula .... do you know how many people have broken that already?.....too many to count.

k i cant believe you guys are still on this subject but for the last time we know using cudda is cheating on DM servers. how many times do we have to say we dont go to DM servers we only play on a stunt server that allows mods and you guys said it your self that its ok to use it if the server allows it. im done with this subject because were doing nothing wrong by playing on a server that allows it. and i know your gonna say but its breaking the eula .... do you know how many people have broken that already?.....too many to count.

You don't speak for everyone. Some people use these to cheat

Just because a law has been broken by others doesn't justify you breaking it. That is a logical error.

i know i dont speak for everyone who uses cudda but believe me they would agree with me. just get over this subject because we are never gonna agree with eachother. i know people use it to cheat but im not talking about other people im talking about splooge and I using cudda.

i know i dont speak for everyone who uses cudda but believe me they would agree with me. just get over this subject because we are never gonna agree with eachother. i know people use it to cheat but im not talking about other people im talking about splooge and I using cudda.

I was talking to Pi. I don't care what you do as long as it doesn't effect me. If you stay on the stunt server I will never see you