punkbuster

Guest anticheaters

i got a little black book with my poems in..heres one

get the punkbuster and disable cheats!theres a good idea...ohh and hey its free!!!!

i got second sight

i have amazing powers of observation

that is how i know when i try to get through

there will be nobody home

• MTA Team

for those of you who do not know what punkbuster is:

PB is a product from Evenbalance, it is used in some popular games like Q3A, America's Army, ... to stop cheaters.

This service is free and updates to pb are made on a regular basis. A team is always searching for new cheats and hacks and adding countermeassures.

Why we don't use it? First of all we don't have access to the source code of GTA which is required to implement software like PB

Secondly, i doubt the ppl at evenbalance are willing to spent there time in a small mod like MTA

And third : ur such an idiot, if it was that simple, y wouldn't we have tought about it?

i got a little black book with my poems in..heres one

get the punkbuster and disable cheats!theres a good idea...ohh and hey its free!!!!

i got second sight

i have amazing powers of observation

that is how i know when i try to get through

there will be nobody home

that poem was shit

While you can't integrate something like PD into VC, there are things the server could do.

Things it could monitor and kick/ban for:

Excessive Altitude

Altitude below sea level

Excessive speed (averaged over several seconds to ignore warps)

Illegal weapons

health increase too soon after previous increase.

The client could probably uplink info from handling.cfg and weapon.dat periodically

to compare against authentic files. This info should be taken from memory locations used by gta and not by opening the files directly.

oh, cheating is simple, first you get a lard phalic symbol, and shove it up your rear oriface, then you wet your pants at the sight of anyone with skills, then finally you delete your copy of vice city and install the sims, cause thats the only game you can play.

hope this cheating guide has helped someone

Please say there are no cheats in this game....because if there is....it's really sad.

it IS really sad, and even worse is that a certain amount of effort must be put into it. So you have to be so desperate to win, and then you jump on and you get flamed til you are black on both sides. I honestly don't see how it is worth cheating either way. But then again it's another one of those taboo cliche kinda things that comes with a mp mod in development.