i know what to do with the money!

Black Dragon

Isnt that like stuntmode. Oh and I don't understand I've yet to even get one dollar, I've killed and killed, I have no money to spend or look at.

i think the point is that you COULD get money for killing somebody, and after you got so much cash (incentive to play better) it could unlock / enable more features, ie; better weapons. just a fun way to put the money system in gta to a use in mta.

stuntmode has cash, but no killing (guns), and the cash doesnt really help you. you can get cash in deathmatch in downtown, by the VCJ, or whatever its called (one of the tall buildings, very far north), take out the parking meters, you can get like $50.

if they were to do a persistent type of cash system where you keep it, the vets would instantly have an advantage over new players. and if they were to make it so that it only saved while you were on a server, that would encourage people to start idling etc. think about both sides of it...

you again?

erm, anyway, idling? how so? you dont (wouldnt) make money by having ppl stand around doing nothing, have the client boot them after theve been idling for so long (<5 mins?) . just like any other game, ppl who've been playing longer (vets) have the advantage, not everything can be fair. solution: play more often.

but alas i fear the system wouldnt work for another reason, say you get lots of cash on one server, and switch to another, but your stats are saved on the old one? you would need either a master server the cash could be saved at, that can be accessed only by you, or else have the stats saved on your local hd, but that opens the stats up to hacking, so it would also have to be governed by the crc checking / encryption. Saving shit adds a whole new element to MTA that would have to be carefully considered, and i dont know if the pros outweigh the cons.

your theory of "play more often" is just rediculous. the way it is now ANYONE can pick up mta at ANYTIME, and have equal playing grounds. should they start giving the vets cash and whatnot, then it would become less accesible to new players. and thats the biggest con there is for any game.

*lob*

well its not *giving* cash to the vets, they earned it by killing other ppl. i play ut2k3, i suck at it, if i were to play more often, id probably be better, but i dont, so i get owned by the veterans. thats inherent to any multiplayer game, not just mta. besides, i didnt say this would be the primary playmode, i said it would separate, there would still be regular deathmatching fi they want more "practice".

damn, im really defending an idea that isnt even mine...

actually i dont like the idea of saving money at all. then it will become an mmorpg. many dont like this idea at all. and if u have problems bout how easy it would be to get weapons, just make them more expansive... i.e: make 500 m60 bullets cost the sum ull get for killin' lets say... 10 robbers.

that way the money system wont take over.

• 3 weeks later...

well I like the idea. But I touth more like begin with 200 dollar and go and buy some weapons for that. The weapons wil cost mutch. to get more mony you need to kill ppl. mebe 200 dollar eatch kill. like that mebe we can also buy realy good cars or tanks or mebe the apach heli.

and I downt eather like the idea of saving money.

Sorry for the bad english