i know what to do with the money!

Black Dragon

u could spawn npc's (dont sync them) that will sell weapons in diffrant places in town.. maybe... ammunation stores? just put in a special location where u need to stand and when u stand there u got a weapon selection screen + prices, just like ingame! no syncing needed = not worse lag = good idea!

how to get money? easy. u get money when u kill a player(automaticlly, not by pickup). when u got killed u lose some of ur money. how to determine how much money u got from the kill? well, thats not my problem... :P thats not hard to code and not needed to be synced neather!

the topic here is not about npc's. its about what to do with the people bitchin' to do sumting with the money meter.

well, it cant become another counterstrike by just putting in money. in CS u can buy weapons wherever you want, here i suggest putting it at certain locations. just like singleplayer. nother thing why it cant turn into CS: the map is just too big! cs was built for small sized maps(although some made a few big maps:/).

CS is a kick ass game and many other people believe so as it is the number 1 online game. I dont understand why you wouldnt want it to be more cs oriented. Teamplay and buying weapons are both elements of cs and thats just what this mod needs.
Grand Theft Auto is not and never was a first-person tactical combat simulator. Again, I'd like to point out that the thread I linked to has the discussion of why having NPC's would be a terrible idea, which therefore defeats any purpose which this topic may have had. :roll:

to be honest i played CS for about... lets see... 3 hours? :splat:

so dont blame me for not knowing when i can but weapons and when i cannot. :lol:

and about npc's: IM NOT TALKING ABOUT NPC'S HERE! if there was an empty space where u could stand and buy weapons it would be great too. NOTHING TO DO WITH NPC'S!

Yes yes yes... No need for NPC's, but they'd make it look better and make it look more realistic than buying guns from a gun selling piece of air...

And about getting money, there should be used the class-oriented system, so that you'll get money from killing enemies (other classes) and lose it for killing friends, or at least make this as an option to admin.

And no need to worry about CS here, since this is MTA, (not CS) and shouldn't be tried to transform into CS (but not needing to throw good ideas away if they're CS:istic)

And blah sr...

If you don't want to play MTA, go play CS. :wave:

actually, im interested in this idea, it could lend an actual use to the Ammu-nation and Tool shops around the city. kill say....10 robbers, take their cash, and go upgrade your weapon. And yes, use npc's (bullet proof, non-interactive, static objects maybe?) behind the counter in the ammu nation shops, so your not purchasing guns from the air.

You could also extend this to other pickups, like armor for non-police players, cops would still get it free. health too if you want to be really ruthless.

however, i would say if something like this is ever implemented, make it part of a separate game mode, and not the default deathmatch style. name it Mercenary or something...

its an interesting idea, i'm just worried about the gameplay becoming over-complicated. right now mta is a nice simple shooter/driving game that works on the old "you kill a guy, you get his stuff" principal.

fighting can be fast paced and intense, i don't want to stop killing and say "hold on fellas, i gotta go buy some weapons", it interupts gameplay, and disturbes my "groove"

of course, the more different types of gameplay, the better. if the irc stuff takes off, then who knows what new types of play can be conceived and scripted.

its an interesting idea, i'm just worried about the gameplay becoming over-complicated. right now mta is a nice simple shooter/driving game that works on the old "you kill a guy, you get his stuff" principal.

fighting can be fast paced and intense, i don't want to stop killing and say "hold on fellas, i gotta go buy some weapons", it interupts gameplay, and disturbes my "groove"

yea i agree, thats why i mentioned it as part of its own game mode and not the standard deathmatch. however it would also be nice to have the option of something other than that nice simple gameplay, which does tend to get a bit repetitive. well, imo...

i agree with bobo, no to cs gameplay! who on earth comes in a store with an m60 in his hands with an intention to buy something.. i say, even if there were stores i'd rather rob them than buy smth. as for money.... well you could include it but just as a new way of counting scores, the one with most money is the boss, just like in real life.

if you have money/guns, then you'd have to find some way of saving this information so you can use the money or guns you have next time you sign on the server, this shouldn't be a locally hosted save file either, because those could easily be hexed to edit what weapons/money you have.

It would suck to get on a server, gain lots of money/weapons and have a power failure due to a storm or some other weird reason, then get back on, start with $0 and have people with rocket launchers owning you like no other.

It also would suck if everyone started with a lot of money, and everyone had rocket launchers, owning everyone like no other.

However, while your at the whole saving, and giving money for killing, you may as well make a count of how many kills/deaths you have???

The boss idea could be interesting as its own mode, maybe the person with so much cash, after a set amount of time is declared the "winner", but then youd have to have everyone start at the same time, so no one could just "jump in", atleast until the next round.