Driver 3 website

TwwIX

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not gonna compare the two games.No reason to bash neither one of them.Gotta love em both. :) It's too early to tell anyway.

Yep, the the physics sure are sweet.Like many upcoming games they're using the havok physics engine aswell.So that's a big plus for them.

Edited by Guest
Hey...i like em both 2 and wasnt gonna bash em..lol...I wounder if r* will pick up on the Havok Physics engine...hmmm

I know that.I was only stating my opinion.

No idea if they will be using this physics engine too.Rockstar hasn't really revealed that much info on the upcoming installment.We still don't even know if it's either going to take place in Sin City or San Andreas.I am sure that they'll come up with something new and refreshing to suprise us with though.I mean look at Vice City. :D After they released Gta3,

it only took em about a year to give us another piece of fun too. :)

Driver series after driver 1 = garbage

Driver influencing gta = complet bullshit

Rockstargames disliking driver = tru story theres several instances where they make fun of them in a couple instances in the game i think one of the guyz u kill has the same name as the main character or sumthing...

I'm not saying the game looks cool but i always thought the games were awful the plotlines were rediculous and unbelievable and when they tryed to add the leave car thing tryin to be like gta and it came out horrible.

Well.. I hope, it is something that will help me to wait for San Andreas :).

Anyway, it's even better since I gotta get some rest from Vice City (I'm too "used" to it, and since San Andreas will have the same engine I may not find a difference between games :D) + some new ideas and cars.

About this movie of ATARI's, "Run the GAUNTLET" - gee.. Is it a copy or should we consider it plagiarism? It has "Gone in 60 seconds"'s plot, and this good looking girl with scary voice and accent :).

Anyway, good to know. Driv3r will ease the sufferings of waiting :D.

About this movie of ATARI's, "Run the GAUNTLET" - gee.. Is it a copy or should we consider it plagiarism? It has "Gone in 60 seconds"'s plot, and this good looking girl with scary voice and accent :).

Have you ever seen "Bullitt" or "The French Connection"?

It has only been inspired by these movies like GTA:VC was by Scarface/Miami Vice etc.Most games usually are anyway.

You could even say that GTA 3 and VC were inspired by the previous Driver titles and the other way around, which actually is true.So there's nothing wrong with that as long they come up with new unique and creative ideas to add to their games.

No no. "Run the GAUNTLET" IS a movie, it's not just an intro to the game (as far as I know).

That's the thing - they've stolen the plot, the car (looks like Eleanor, Ford Mustand Shelby GT 500 '67), and added those naive details ("Cops will be waiting for him" - is she mad? Does she want a car or not?).

Whoa! The new screenshot are amazing! Take a look:

http://gamespot.com/xbox/action/driver3 ... index.html

Now I can say I can't wait for the game to come out! :)

That's one of my dreams - drive really fast through those small, thin european city streets.

+ 60s Mustang is one of my favourite cars :).

Looks like every car looks completely different, and all of them are modelled and texutred quite well. On the other hand, will my and others' computers handle all of that beauty?

Oh, I hope you don't think I sold my soul to the Driv3r :D.

--

And I really like what they've done on the site in the "Story" section - where you get to actually FLIP the pages. Cool :).

Well.. That's silly :). Neither the guy, nor the game look like the ones in Vice City. If you're talking about the point of view the camera looks upon Tanner, that's like comparing Half-Life and Doom - they're both 3D-action games. Sierra has stolen the idea of MONSTERS from Doom! Gee..

Driv3r's looks totally differrent, and the whole game design is different too. I like the detailed city textures, city walls with cracks on them etc. Let's see how my machine will handle all that :).

Yes, it's Miami, too. And it was before, so why don't we accuse ROCKSTAR in plagiarism? Sure, Reflections (and ATARI) want to be on the same level with Driver as R* is with GTA, although I don't think they want to make Driv3r look exactly like GTA. The screenshots and what I've seen from the trailers looks good so far, and not quite similar to GTA. Actually, now I expect better level of realism than in upcoming GTA. I'm not saying GTA is worse - I just want to get a variety of games from the genre I love. Sure, for developers it's a copetition, but it's just better for us! Isn't it?

Honestly, after ugly "Enter the Matrix" (which I liked :D - I just wanted to dodge bullets and run the walls, and I got it :)) I'm rather afraid of ATARI. I guess they just publish Driv3r, but I assume Reflections was bought by someone or ATARI gave it a lot of money (gee.. make a MOVIE for the game, with VFX on the level - they must've invested enough), so it should show on the quality of the game (at least, on graphics).

Who knows, maybe they plan a quiet revolution :). Quiet, quiet, then all of a sudden - bam, a nice driving game :). Looking at the maps, I wouldn't say those cities are that big though. Consoles won't be able to handle a lot of detailed cars + huge cities. And I don't want those small towns. I need space to ride! :twisted:

Games devolopers havn't even been able to release they're full potential yet because Console and Computer Devolopers don't make stuff powerful enough.

But I acctually think Consoles will handle it better than some PC's. The XBOX will definatley handle it better than most PC's, dunno bout the PS2 but the graphics for the PS2 version are just as good as the Graphics for the Xbox and PC versions. And, ha and lol to GC babies coz they're not getting it now! Stuck with Monkey Ball for another year... lol

I agree with The Matrix though. Atari made a really shit job of it. I think they should stop making and get Publishing!

• 4 weeks later...

sorry i gotta put this back on the top, like i said driver2 was a good game, and i want more ppl taking about this. I saw the gaunlet, and it looks good- but GTA:SA seems like its gonna beat it by a lot. They should start selling it before GTA:SA cause everyone is gonna be hooked on that and nobody will give a fuck about Driv3r.