52 members have voted

1. 1. What's better?

• Cable
    • ADSL

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i HATE cox. before i moved, i had roadrunner, which was 2.5 Mbit/512 kbit. now i got cox and i cant even pull 1 Mbit down and my highest upload is 15 kB/s (bytes), where w/ rr i did 60 kB/s up. BAH!!

Cable is shared throughout the neighborhood but u can be farther away from the central office (or watever u call it) and keep good speeds. w/ adsl, the farther u get from the central office, the less speed ull get (very noticeably compared to cable).

also, cable has a lesser bandwidth limit than adsl, friends in newyork can do 10 friggin Mbits!!! FOR $60-70/mo USD! BASTARDS

I have cox in AZ and they say its 3mb down and 250kb up stream. When i run a bandwidth test i usually get around 2.5 mb. So its good for me. BTW:Does anyone know if I could run a server with this connection.

This is likely why most people are saying they like cable better; DSL in most parts of the world is slow compared to what Bell Sympatico offers. How much do you pay for that Verizon ADSL connection Outback? From Sympatico, we get 3Mbps/800K for $45/month (equals $30 american)

We got a great promo deal. Equipment (modem, cables, and 3 filters) and first month are free, next 2 are $29.99/month (US, of course), and then it goes up to regular price of $34.99. And even then it's STILL cheaper than a second phone line + decent 56K service.

Cable modem here is (no joke) $57.99/month if you dont have basic cable (which we don't and it's no less than $40 if you do, so DSL is cheaper either way). And, like I said, the speeds suck. But that's what happens when you only have one cable company in the area.

Edited by Guest

What do you people not get about stereotyping? Quit it already!

DSL and Cable systems are not the exact same thing everwhere! Stop coming in here and stating what you have like it's a universal standard!

PS. I'm just over 3 miles from CO and getting full rated speed. So uh, all you ppl bitchin about how DSL can't reach far...eat your heart out. But the system here is pretty much new, so meh.

• 2 weeks later...
What do you people not get about stereotyping? Quit it already!

DSL and Cable systems are not the exact same thing everwhere! Stop coming in here and stating what you have like it's a universal standard!

PS. I'm just over 3 miles from CO and getting full rated speed. So uh, all you ppl bitchin about how DSL can't reach far...eat your heart out. But the system here is pretty much new, so meh.

EXACTLY Outback... quit with the lip service, and let's see some pr00f...

For all you cable modem advocates out there, run the speed test at speakeasy, and post your results. Let's see in general which comes out faster, cable or DSL. Here's the speed test URL, accurate up to 5mbps:

http://www.broadbandreports.com/stest?loc=97

Quit saying cable is faster simply because that's what mommy and daddy pay for, so you hope it's true.

Here's my DLS connection from home, from Bell Sympatico DSL:

http://www.broadbandreports.com/speedte ... 1074000231

Dsl anyday!

cable wins hands down!

Dsl, enought said dnt even try

Cables pwns!

dsl has a bigger dick then cable!

now how does sayings things like these, POSSIBLY help FIND OUT the FREAKING answer? I mean if you wanted to be seriouse RESEARCH and THEN tell us which is better.

im sorry to say that if you have dsl and cable you are getting ripped off. you cant watch streaming movies, and download as much as you want with either. theres no way either cable or dsl could possibly play mta comfortably. and ultimately if you want real speed your going to have to go for a oz3. sorry to break it to you guys but cable and dsl is just not good enough these days. your better off just forgetting about the fact that youl never use the bandwidth that either service provides, and ultimently just choose whichever one sounds prettier unless you can afford a nice oc3 connection

*slaps deathb*

unless you got a grand to spend each month cable adn dsl is the best your getting, so quit your bitching.

My adsl is so strong, that one day ti was dl real slow, so the hub (adsl hub thingy) got up, walked to my providers, and punched the guy right in the face, it didnt even know if he worked there otr not! and bam! our speed went right up!

and then sometimes, like if my friends 56k is acting up, ym adsl goes ofver there and smacks it around abit, and gets it going faster the the adsl itself, but then it smacks it around somemore to make the adsl even stronger (because adsl gets its power from smaller, weaker 56k modems,)

And this one time right, like my buddies cables and adsl modems were all hanging out ina bar, and mine waked in and they were all like "hey!" and mine was all "hey" back sat tehm, and this other 22k wanted to fight mine right? so it tryied to hit him... and and then my adsl buddy (he's a t3) went over and stoped on teh22k, until it was a 14k and they were all like "pwned" after that they all had a bunch of drinks and played pool.

My adsl pwns.

Well, cable r0x at Belgium at most locations:

Pro's

- Fast (500KB/s average)

- Low Pings (Well, on most, there will always be servers 2 far away :P)

- Easy (Just plug it in your Ethernet card, and the connection will be made [WINXP])

Contra's

- Low upload limit (=16KB/s)

- Traffic limit (10GB + 1EUR/month for 1GB extra)

So, for me: ADSL sux and Cable 0X:P

Talking about Telenet, not the other ones :P

Greetz,

- TvKe, the TV2kNET Admin :P

Did I start a simple penis war? Ok let me expand!

ASDL sux ass because Cable beat it in World Internet War I and II and III and will continue to beat it's ass just because it pwns so much...

ACTUALLY its because I have cable and I want cable to be better so my penis > yours :P