[HELP]Got killed by (name) - for race server and Achivements

Tr0JaNz0r

Hello everyone!,

First of all Happy new year :D

Okey, from 4 days ago i bought my new server and i was going to use it as a race server but i wanted to add some thing that are difficult and a (little bit) new but i had some problems while scripting it. well i was trying to make a script which gets the player name you got killed from or last damage i wanted to use it in my race server and to attach it between the killmessages on the left of the screen. but i didn't know which function or event i should i use, i searched the whole wiki upside down.. D:

Well, maybe some one could help me in that!

also i have problems in acvhivments i wanted to add it to my userpanel!

Hope you can help me in that!

Best wishes,

Tr0JaN

Umm thanks for that but maybe you didn't understand me well or maybe i didn't understand what do you mean lul.

but i On Client ped damage it does only works on body parts?, what i mean that i have a DD server and when he gets killed by someone show his name...

so it stands on (vehicles) now. i want something like get the last name hit your car. if you know what i mean? ;p

I do not believe code examples will help you with future learning of the events and/or functions.

Hows this:

This event will trigger when any element hits my car

By reading the event, i understand that the car that hit me (or the ped) is the First argument.

The source, is a car. The source however could be ANY CAR. you can check if this is your car by doing

if ( source == getPedOccupiedVehicle(localPlayer) ) Or when setting the event handler do

addEventHandler("onClientVehicleCollision", MyCar, function(carThatHitMe, so on and so forth)

Then you can find out who is in the car (If its a car that hit you) on the first argument sent to your handler function, by using

https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/GetVehicleOccupant

What about this

function playerDamage_text ( attacker, driver ) --when a player is damaged 
    local driver = getVehicleOccupant ( source ) -- get the player sitting in seat 0 
    if ( attacker ) then 
        local tempString 
           if ( getElementType ( attacker ) == "vehicle" ) then 
    local tempString = getPlayerName ( getVehicleController ( attacker ) ).." killed "..getPlayerName ( source ).." 
    end 
end 
addEventHandler ( "onPlayerDamage", getRootElement (), playerDamage_text ) 
addEventHandler ( "onPlayerWasted", getRootElement(), player_Wasted )