Guest KeyGs

Traffic?

Please, help me!

I've a question: Isn't there traffic in the MTA?

Or just I can't turn it on?

There's alot of traffic in MTA, it's like millions and millions of cars driving around in there in a big circle. Although they're all pink Volvo's with red sirens so it can get a little annyoing after a while...

Sarcasm at its best.

No, there is no traffic and no, you cannot turn it on. Sorry.

lmao... sorry, no cars. Enough trouble just sending the bullet shooting data to another person :P

you dont get cars ransom? there must be something wrong with your computer man.... :)

Would it be possible to have traffic in future versions, make it a server option? And if the current amount of traffic is too much, could you tone it down or have just cops only? :?

Yeah man sure , there's going to be LOTS of traffic on the next version .

Ohh LOOK A PIG JUST FLEW BY !

hehe JK. I dont think it would be possible since , just like Ransom sayid . It is hard and laggy enough just connection 2 PC's toguether :D

is it possible to be able to put in >>>>>1-5<<<<< pedestrians,NPCs,cars for use in missions/multiplayer games

(im not talking about traffic but manually placed cars or peds)

the VC engine cant handle it... its not gonna happen, sorry guys
Isn't it that the netcode can't handle it?

eAi

the VC engine cant handle it... its not gonna happen, sorry guys
Isn't it that the netcode can't handle it?

eAi

That too. But the vice city engine was made to randomly put peds/traffic on the streets so ytou didn't have traffic at all times on the map. Now with multiplayer, you'd have tarffic all over the map and it'd probably be too much for gta to handle. And then that'd be bad.

ut oh don't say that death

he will have to ship it back to bumble :o to get it fixed

see him in 3 months

lol... ok ok now enough exploting my little grammer error :P

btw, my HD did die yesterday morning and I bought a new one... heh you were right.

Couldn't you hook the engine and manually insert the traffic, then send the co-ords for the new traffic to all the people playing so its created in the same spot

no.. VC cant handle a city full of peds...

we've looked at other options (i.e. a radius method) but that brings its own problems, that we do not want to look into... we'd rather just work on making gamemodes and improving overall gameplay.

Kent

soz for double post but it wasnt answered

is it possible to manually place a small number of computer controlled peds or cars?

Yes it would be, but not in the current mta, as all the 'slots' are used/reserved. The cars wouldn't be sync'd across the clients, so they'd be pointless.

eAi