What do you press to get out of GTAVC when GTA/MTA crashes?

What do you press to get out of GTAVC when GTA/MTA crashes?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. What do you press to get out of GTAVC when GTA/MTA crashes?

• Control + Alt + Delete
    • Alt + F4
    • Alt + Tab
    • Control + Escape
    • Press/Mash the Enter Key
    • Press/Mash the Space Bar Key
    • Press/Mash The Windows Key
    • Another Combination/Method Not Listed

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i press escape 3 times it usually takes me to ASE, when it freezes before the game itself loads, like half the loading bar loads then freezes, then before i can reach for the lead pipe to smash the fuck outta my pc, i turn it off manually and take deep breaths. once i have gotta myself out of a murderous state, i turn the computer back on.

there are many ways of "lock up" here is a little list i made

*Major Lock Up - (no shortcuts will work)

*medium lock up - (sometimes shortcut keys work)

*Normal Lock Up - (alt+tabbling will do it )

A EASY way i made to get out of "Medium Lock Up" is to . Alt tab and hit enter a couple of times . then do it again . this will help when you get the unwanted expetion error and you cant move the mouse or see the warning to click . so when you alt tab . you will select it and hit enter .

Also if you have a sleep key on your keyboard it helps pressing it on "major lock up"

This thread truly is helpful. Now I don't even have to standby. Heres what I do now:

1. Make sure GTAVC is in the last spot in your task bar, meaning the very top position of the list in the control+alt+delete menu

2. Enter 2x and wait for it to exit

if not working

3. Make sure the cursor appears meaning you are controlling the desktop. If you don't see it, press standby button until you see the cursor. If you cannot you're just gonna have to standby. Anyhow, once you see the cursor control+alt+delete and tap up a bunch. alt+e and it will take you out. If not, control+alt+delete and alt+e again until it ends.

there was a great restart utility available for version 2.2. I was later discouraged because they wanted ppl to leave and re-enter the server if the game crashes, but noone ever did anyway.

This utlity would hop you back to the server if you were disconnected so you don't miss a beat in game and it would auto restart the game if it crashed so it didn't take much longer than getting killed does.

I miss that.... :cry:

I hardly ever crashes for me but when it does it is a reboot most times

• 2 weeks later...

I try Enter a couple of times, then use Control + Alt + Delete -> G -> Tab -> Tab -> Space -> Space. This selects gta-vc.exe in the process list in the task manager, then two tabs takes you to the "End process button", first space gives you the "are you really sure?" box, and the final space selects yes. Obviously, this isn't required if you can get the task manager into focus.

Easy.

eAi

If it locks up and i just hear a beeping noise every time i press a button i hit alt-control-delete and the task manager pops up but i cant see it but its there. so i hit delete(because it is already selected on VC) Then i press enter and it ends the vice city task

• 3 months later...

Like i said some where else..forgot wich thread.. I know gotta lay back ont he booze.

windowskey + L works for me all the time on heave crashes..

it alays brings back a controlable pc,

wich befire I login to I hit

ctr+alt+del wich will bring up the taskmanager once windows is logged in.

works for me all the time

and the "normal" crashes I get I just hit enter a couple of times..

Made me ban some people in the proces aswel .. having the admin tool last in my tray, means that is getting the input from me enter button if I hit it to many times.. :shock: