MTA - What you miss most?

zerb

Its crazy to think that next year will be one decade since the first release of MTA. I first joined back in 2004. My earliest memory was spawning at the ship down the docks on VC - and stupidly hiding from nobody (I thought there were others on the server - pathetic, I know). We've all been a newb..

Over the years I have met many great people through this community and whilst some have stayed, most have moved on in life. I use to remember the old days when people would be on MSN and have their statuses set to things such as - "Clanwar at 19:00 GMT", "How did we F**KING lose to these!?!?", "Visit our new website, new clan member.. bla, bla". I do wonder what happened to many of these folk and I bet I'm not the only one to think the same.

The purpose of this topic is to ask you guys what you miss most about MTA and if you could - how far back would you go? As I vet, I think many wouldn't argue that the times in GTA3 and VC were filled with great memories - some of the best in my gaming experience regardless of how unstable the game was to play at times. I remember when the All-Seeing Eye browser would be completely full of MTA servers, completely full of players and clan wars happening most evenings.

If I could go back in time, it would be to around 2005. MTA:VC to me was at its peak. There must have been about 10-12 active clans playing 24/7 - let alone all the other little ones (mainly without a server but would quite happily get thrashed 5-0 in a match - respect for them). There was even the infamous European Championships during that year too.

Also awesome, the drama. The loads and loads of drama.

Like with that one SAMP developer, Kyle I think?

And that that entire community decided not to use GTANET anymore? Classic!

Scumbags uniting themselves in forums meant for scumbags. Troyrulz and Mr s0beit himself being the leaders of the underworld.

It's hard to reminisce because there's only few things that are common and happened to all because there are so many subcommunities, but this whole GTASA multiplayer thing brought on so, so much

Naturally these things I mention aren't those I would want back

If I could travel back in time... 1892.