MTA Logitech Gamepad - Stick binding issues

Dicatto

Question

I'm having some issues getting MTA to recognize the second analog stick of my gamepad. I want the left stick to control movement and the right stick to control the camera view just like I have in regular GTA:SA. It sees the left stick and the d-pad bot not the right stick. Tried unbinding everything, tried xpadder, and searched the forums but nothing helped. I can see the right stick responding in xpadder outside the game but when I try to bind it in-game it just doesn't want to accept it. Any suggestions or workarounds for this? Has someone gotten both sticks to work?

I have complied with your request

Curious, when I switch back to MTA and move the right stick it sets the numbers to zero, so in a way it does recognize the right stick but perhaps it doesn't know how to interpret it? What do you think so far?

I will make the video when I'm back from errands but I can tell you now that I just tried the Sample 2 and Sample 1 at the same time and they both reported the same numbers as I rotated the sticks so I'm not sure what the difference is suppose to be between the first sample and second.

Odd. When MTA was the active window and I tried to rotate the right stick, Sample 2 did not pick up on it at all, however I moved the left stick and both MTA and sample 2 registered it. However I still made a video. I moved the left stick first just to show you both programs we operating normally, then I tried moving the right stick and nothing happens.

• MTA Team

Please install the patch I gave you and make a video like before, but with joystick sample1 and joystick sample2 running at the same time, and quickly switch between all 3 windows while moving the right stick. Thanks.

Fascinating. When the MTA window is active moving the right stick does nothing, however if I make either Sample active MTA registers the right stick, number move, and even ingame the right stick works as long as the Sample is the active window which says to me that the actual GTA program is handling the joystick fine but the MTA overlay messes it up.

• MTA Team

Thanks for that. It could be that something is detecting the active window and changing the way the joystick works somehow.

Are there any per application settings in the joystick driver/configuration menus ?

Yep. It was the software for my logitech pad. As soon as I closed it the controller was working right. I normally don't ever use it so I didn't even think about it until you said something about a program with settings for games. Sorry it took so long to figure out, thanks for your help and patience!