MTA:VC .2.2 shuts down at random

I have the MTA:VC .2.2 version with a Vice City purchased at Best Buy(for those who wanna know).

I run Windows XP Home with SP1. Pentium4 2.26GHz, 512 ram, 32mb nvidia video card, and soundmax sound card.

Anyways, my problem is that MTA:VC shuts down while I play. I just play for one small bit and then no one moves. I exit Vice City and notice that MTA "disappears". It shuts down like this frequently.

I have tried using the Windows 98 compatability mode. It turned out worse than the settings I had for it before.

I DO use a 56k modem but my ping is still pretty low. Its usually about 150-300.

I know belongs in problems and bugs, but the forum wont let me post there.

I know this topic has been brought up before but I never found an answer.

Can you tell me exactly why something that removes cd checking would interfere with MTA? Does MTA use anything that the normal exe has that the cracked exe doesn't?

modifying the executable could change the addresses that data is stored in... and, if the address isn't where we assume it to be, the client can't find out where your car is, or control other cars, move peds, make them shoot things like that....

Kent

Anyways, my problem is that MTA:VC shuts down while I play. I just play for one small bit and then no one moves. I exit Vice City and notice that MTA "disappears". It shuts down like this frequently.

good, im not the only one who has that problem, kind of a relief. But i thought when you timed out, you would receive some sort of error message, i didnt know it would close mta entirely.

my ping is ususally between 180 and 220, yea 56k. Luckily i only time out on the really busy servers, after about 16-20 ppl, it starts getting iffy.