What are you going to do about the cheaters?

Guest ch0de

So???

The game has lost it's fun. 75% of the people are using the Cracked MTAclient.exe and loading there trainers. Soo... if everyone is god.. what fun is it?

I hope you come up witha better way to eliminate god mode and all the other trainer crud...

If you still think people are not cheating i can e-mail you links to the websites which offer these hackes..... And yes they do work just fine...

pm devs with names of hack websites if you wish, find us on irc etc etc.

Like with all successful games, hackers have well uh... hacked/cracked the exe and other files just as quick as we can release it

We will keep adding features, anti-cheat measures and other things, but there will be some, that will have to ruin the fun for others and crack the game =(

Most games the cheates are not that bad... 1942, half life, quake 3.. army... Verry few people have god mode... Wall hack, car hacks, are annoying, but so what, they can still die... But god mode? Most people have god mode.... And no, Freedom of information.. If your solution is to bug webistes then your solution is wrong.... Better option is to Better code you source so that God mode and Wepons hacks cannot be used anymore....

Ok Xerox... I went to IRC.. explained my problem.. and i Kicked and banned....

They didnt want to see that the Cheates were public.... I guess its easier to ignore the problem and pretend no one cheats...

so now your going to have to SUe me cuz im going to Post the link on every server i can...

If you ban my IP Well i'll just switch ip's cuz well i have about 512 of them (yes i have 4 sets of 128 ip subnets)

Edited by Guest
Like with all successful games, hackers have well uh... hacked/cracked the exe and other files just as quick as we can release it

ch0de,

No matter how good the code someone will hack it, that is what xerox was saying. Plus, the longer the team spends on cheat prevention the less time they have for adding features and improving the game. Those things will effect the release of new versions.

The players can help in some ways. If someone is cheating tell the room most times they will leave or turn off the cheat to prove they are not cheating or you can get them booted. If you say for instance. "ch0de is using a mini gun" 5 other people will chime in that they saw it too. Then why didn't they say something? If the admin is around they are gone.

I try to play with people I know don't cheat. some names become familiar and I play with them. Many of them I don't like but at least I know they play fair. :lol:

Sometimes when people don't die it is not god mode. Most times it's someone with a high ping or someone who is alt+tabbed. Rarely are there people who never die, (but it does happen). There could also be a sync issue. You see the guy taking hits and he sees you throwing punches with no gun in your hand. So don't just assume they are cheating.

If you stay in the official servers you can get cheaters booted by reporting it in IRC too.

Ok Xerox... I went to IRC.. explained my problem.. and i Kicked and banned....

They didnt want to see that the Cheates were public.... I guess its easier to ignore the problem and pretend no one cheats...

so now your going to have to SUe me cuz im going to Post the link on every server i can...

If you ban my IP Well i'll just switch ip's cuz well i have about 512 of them (yes i have 4 sets of 128 ip subnets)

Your making me double post but it's not my fault.

Did you post a cheater site in IRC? Could every Noob on IRC get the cheat? That would get you banned and kicked.

I dont think your guys realize the Amount of people cheating in the game.. You can call it lag, Or outa sync. OR whatever you want... But (even on offical servers) When 75% of the poeple you hit, cuase your brand new car to ignite, they are cheating... Honestly, Please don't trya nd cover it up as lag... I have two systems side by side, Each on different Brodband connections... They get to see the diffrence between Lag/sync and cheaters....

Yes i posted a link... But who cares, it comes up on google... and other fourms.. Not like i was posting a TOP secret.....

Other games (1942, hl, army and many many more) have found ways to dissable such cheats as god mode... all i am saying is that SHOULD be a #1 Priority... Who cares about car mods, or any of that crap... The god mode is whats killing the game play... Sometimes it is Sync, or lag..

You say callem cheaters and they get kicked.... Well,, play the game any givin night.... everyone is calling everyone cheaters.... And no one ever gets kicked... So....... Thats like your mom telling you to tell the teacher about the bully at school, never works....

Anyways, it's not like its to hard to change your name and join again... 90% of the Brodband connetions change IP's every few hours...... These solutions just don't work.

Honestly it seams as if the Coders DON'T know how to dissable God mode.... If thats the case it should be Said rather then Swept under carpet.....

I dont know how MTA crew can keep ignoring this problem as (nothing we can do) Becuase thats crap...

90% of the Brodband connetions change IP's every few hours......

Where I live, they only change IPs every few months (like more than four) if not longer. I've got a MTA server running behind broadband at work, and that IP hasn't changed since 0.2.0 came out.

A few months is a plenty good ban. The person isn't going to try joining again every single day for months hoping for an IP change. They will give up.

My IP isn't static, and we're only paying for bottom of the line DSL. I'm sure ISPs in different parts of the world have different policies, just thought I'd add my experience.

You should know almost everything is client.

And side since we dont have the source of Vice City we can NOT make much things server side.

Remember this is a mod.

Edit:

And ofcourse were trying to stop people from cheating.

thats why its still beta ;)

Edited by Guest

We have been looking at different ways to illiminate cheaters, and hopefully the next version will have better anti-cheat features.

But there is bound to be someone who will find a way to cheat and then exploit it.

We are aware of several servers based specifically around cheating.

You'll just have to wait for the next version.

It all comes down to "there's always some one equal or better" if the person has the knowledge, and wants to cheat, they will. NOW RECENTLY a lot of schools were out for thanksgiving, and I noticed there was a drastic increase of cheating. Kind of how $mr.vercetti$ disappears everynight around 10 on weekdays, it's obvious he goes to school. If you're in elementary-highschool and don't cheat, no offense, but it's a "come with the the territory" kind of thing. Best fix for cheating is play in more off times, theres always someone on mta, no doubt about that, even if it doesn't fit my schedule, i usually won't play til about 11pm (central). Or during the midday if possible.

ok what ever you guys do dont put that thing that you cant use no-cd cracks . Because i know somepeople can get VC off the internet . But i hate changing cds everysingle time i play VC (trust me that is alot :wink: )

So I dont use it because i dont have the game (I do and i can prove it). I use it because my cd's are getting all scratched up because I have to change it everytime i go play MTA. :?

cHode, you keep in mind that MTA is not a game it's more like a client that enables you to play online with GTA 3/VC. Quake 3, BF1942, HL and so on have online capabilities built-in and the developers has probably done everything in their way to prevent cheating online, but the difference is that they were able to code it directly into the game.

MTA is a client that uses the GTA VC engine and everything that goes with it and since GTA VC wasn't made to play online with it probably have dozens of exploits that can be used by those who make trainers/cheats.

Maybe this sounds stupid, I dont know, but at least I think it makes sence :)

And I don't think that 75% of those who play cheats, more like 30-40%. I rarely bump into cheaters but when I do I just change server or play with some people that I trust.

I agree that the god mode cheat sucks. Totally ruins the game.

I gotta say, tho, that I dont think I would still be playing the game if it wasn't for the car mod ability, and stunt maps.

With my pimped out car, I actually die more, but it sure makes the game a lot of fun!!!

and you started a thread pretending you disapproved of cheating?

This is a beta, a very early beta, the entire reason for releasing beta versions rather than keeping a lid on the mod until its 'perfect' is to highlight issues with it as we develop. Issues such as stability, netcode, playability, balance and yes, exploitability. Every release that gets compromised results in a more secure next release, we do not however intend to play 'chase' with those that choose to use thier skills for destructive rather than constructive purposes, and release a patch every few weeks. Rather, we take onboard the weaknesses and vulnerabilities and steer development in response to them. Using new methods and techniques to prevent the same exploits from being possible alongside the more vital structure of the mod as a whole.

As for being banned from the irc you were not, you were kicked for the stupidity of entering a channel with a high percentage of people new to the mod and publicly announcing the url of a site where they can fill thier cheating boots.

Next time I suggest a modicum of intelligent consideration before announcing such information, and a search of the forum before making such rediculous statements such as 'you... ignore the problem and pretend no one cheats'.

yeah what he said....

And I spent some time trying to find something but I can't maybe someone else can.

In one of the cheaters threads there is a screenshot of someone cheating I remember because the name was funny. the cheaters name was.

dun dun dunnnn

ChodeGuzzler

hmm.... ring a bell? if it is here I will find it

HAHA chodeguzzler isn't me.. Sorry.. Have i Cheated? Yes, Car mod that is.... Would i be stupid enugh To post a Pic of me cheating then Post aginst Cheating? No...

You Guys can call me stupid all u want... My fealings aren't hurt.....

SO your saying car mods are ok but heath cheats arent?Your saying that cheating on a stunt server is ok but on a deathmacth server it isnt?Cheating is cheating if you do it on stunt or deathmatch server IT IS still cheating ,if you have car mods and some other guy has health cheat BOTH of you are cheating.

Edited by Guest

ok xenex,

tell me I didn't sniff this one out. :twisted::lol: There has been a trend of cheaters complaining about cheating. He is pissed cause he uses other cheats and someone used "god mode" and for him this just crosses the line.

Chodeguzzler,

I never said you posted the picture. Someone posted the picture of you cheating. Now that you admitted to cheating I don't even need the picture. btw, I am convinced (as much as you can be on the internet) that you are chodeguzzler and a cheater.

Anyone except chode disagree?

I rock max!!! :lol:

I'm mad @pplz getting upset to the dev team...

what do u think guyz ?

we can all play late games in ISO, we can all have trainers on every f....ing sites, what do u think about ? that the MTA team, which is a group of GTA fans developping a free mod can stop all the cheaters ??????

stupid...

sorry to cut the ambiance, but stop the complain tone...

The MTA guyz gave us the possibility of what we all dreamt about, I mean a GTA:VC multi !

cheating is everywhere, in everygame, the fist to tell me it's wrong can have my foot freely in the ass, really deep !!!!!!

Im what pplz call a hardcore gamer...

I play most of my time (I have a life, a wife, friends, but I play much much time...)

Cheating is everywhere, on each fu...ing game released...

and when I read :

Most games the cheates are not that bad... 1942, half life, quake 3.. army... Verry few people have god mode... Wall hack, car hacks, are annoying, but so what, they can still die

I think u only tested them...

Im a CS player, and what u say is just false...god mode, walhack, aimbot...it's all the same about...

what's the difference between a guy that can't die and a guy that kill u with only one bullet without aiming you ?

I mean, whatever is done, there will always be f...ers developping cheats, hacks, ect... :(

The only power is in the admin hands for me...

I mean, to conclude :

Play with friends, play with friendly foes, kick the strange ones, ban the cheating ones and stop complaining about the cheating issues...or develop an anti-cheat before moralizing developers...

There is so much to do (lag, animations, aiming)...

When the mod is stable, u'll be able to kick all ppl makin' u crash....

U will be almost sure of cheating...

but for now, just kick the bad pingers and kick the strange ones or alt tabbers, ur servers will be plenty of fun !

sorry, alcohol is getting me mad :P but pplz just making dev have a headache makes me angry :D

and sorry (again and again) for my english

a multigames player

seeing cheats every f...ing nite....

If you would read my post. i did not say i DO cheat. I said i had cheated.. Yes... as has almost everyone. But no.. I do not usem on a regual bassis.. Becuase.. Like you guys, I enjoy the sport of the game.n

Why the hell would i have started a thred on how much i hate cheaters if i were to avidly cheat?

Jezz. a lot of assuming here.. and you know what happens when you assume

May name in the game is Ch0de.... Ch0deGuzzler is someone else... O WeLL...