gta3 ps2 online... (theory)

Now, as a owner of a ps2, (oh by the way, anyone who says console suck on this thread will be deleted, or edited for your humiliation) I own gta3, now as you al know the Xbox "live" is out, I'm not to sure but at the beginning they said you could add things or change things to the game and save it on a hd on the xbox? well ps2 is now online right? well what if by using a combination of possible the ps2 modem, a zip hd to connect to the ps2 (for mem) and the gameshark to get mta into the ps2 version, i mean as far as coding resemblance goes I have no idea if its possible, but if it's done the same and you got in connection with a few good gameshark people, maybe it would be possible, dl the "patch" onto the zip drive connected to the ps2, and use gameshark to over pass the original commands and make it use the new one, now I don't know if this is possible, only theory, what do you all think?

just a though

Negitve Ghost Rider the pattern is full.

See the PS2 (Wich is a nice system with very good games) version of GTA 3 would also need the multiplayer coding left behind, which I doubt they did because when GTA 3 came out Rockstar problably wasn't thinking about multiplayer. Also, I would think that the coding for the PS2 would be slightly different than the PC version. I think that it would cause a conflict. Your more than welcome to try. By the way:

:twisted: XBOX Rulez :twisted:

Are you saying we should port mta to the ps2?

Well i don't know anything about programming on the ps2, but with my experience playing some emulators like zsnes, the gamememory of the computer and ps/2 look alot like each other.

btw, ps2 sucks, but that's my opinion.. i prefer emulator :P

importing mta for the ps2 from the pc will require almost starting to code from 0

the code is completely diffrent, the only thing that stays the same is the textures (though not their quality) and ai (and maybe some other stuffi can't think of right now) the rest was recoded by r* for the pc

so i would say its very unlikly anyone can make something like this for the ps2 :wink:

except R* themselves.. k

and blokker and ijvesaerss what ever the hell I cant read it :)

what the hell, your suppost to stay ont opic! gah I hate you both :) ps2 is kick ass, I never said it was better then the pc, im just saying it'd be nice to have it work with both but it was just a though.

Hello there,

Console's ROCK !! I ONLY played and owned console's until a got my PC around a year ago :D

Since i got my PC, Playing games on the PC have opened up new doors to gameing for me. Multiplayer games over the net, all the different add on's you can download for your games and other extra's. It' GREAT !! :P

GTA3 showed me that some PC version of games can be much better than the console version (PSX2), NOTHING beats driveing arond Liberty City running from the LAW to my favorite MP3's :lol:

I just got a Nintendo Gamecube last week...HOORAY ! and i also have P4 1.5GHz with 512 RDram. :idea:

They both have there pros n cons....my Gamecube runs at 433MHz and loads games instantly , while my PC takes longer to load some of the newer games. (why is this please explain) ?? :?

Thanks Bye.

Consoles are outplayed. Beyond Atari 2600 is too far. LOL Besides I have emulators for, PSX, PS2, N64, X-Box, and I was working on game cube but decided to wait for someone else to get it right.

I only am against the X-Box. This is Bill Gates attempt to make the PC obsolite. :oops:

I don't think you'll see anything like that on ps2 or xbox...

maybe eventually you'll see xbox coming out w/ the ability to download levels and such... but not for any current games, (unless they rerelease).. the game would have to be designed with that in mind..

It works on PC because its a more robust platform.. totally diff. story on consoles..

(though the xbox and pc are very similar)

kent

As much as i'd be cool to see, I doubt it would happen. Like someone said earlier, when R* made GTA3 for the PS2 they wernt thinking of making it multi. While on the other hand they did plan on making the PC version multi but didn't for one reason or another (which are unknown to me).

If you want to play with the PS2 controller for your own personal reasons, you can. Example, I got this thing for my USB that allows me to plugin my PS2 and PS1 controllers. its great. I use it mostly for playing emulators. As we all know, the PS2 controller is the best controller ever made. Here is the thing I got: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... egory=3677

Thats the exact item. I got mine off of ebay too, like a year ago. I've loved it ever sense. Cheap and it supports 2 controllers (so u could get one more for 4 player games). Hope this helps.

If u have any questions PM me and i'll get back asap. (PM so it e-mails me)

Yeah, humiliate them in public. And btw did i mentioned that ps2 sucks? About the platform, the best platforum is Java (well and Linux), and about the console.. well i don't like consoles at all, why buying if you can download them for 24 hours, and then download them again for 24 hours, to not override the law.

JVogel, You dont OWN the emulators???? Im confused, I own all of them, and wrote two of them ;)

BTW. Yes I do have NES emulator and SNES. Sorry for the insult.

SHIT!!!!!!!!!! How can I forget; Commodore 64 and Atari 2600 emulator, but you kiddies know nothing about that.LOLOLOLOLOL

LONG LIVE Atari 2600!!!!!!!

LONG LIVE emulation!!!!!!!

LONG LIVE renegade X!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i had an atari 2600 and i still have my amiga 500 =P

kiddies - bah =P =)

though if anyone has gran turismo 3 rom and ps2 emu they can msg with an ftp to leech it from... thanks =P j/k =)

yes i know the above sounds hypocritical considering all the anti-warez shit i post, but i guess the j/k covers me =)

delete this and i'll delete u !

my opinion : the best gaming platform is the pc because of the high res, gr8 colors and fast/upgradable processor and other components

Off topic:

Yeah! And for the low low price of 500 - 1000+ dollars every time you want to play the latest games! :P ... not to mention the great possiblities of getting RSI from using the keyboard for to long! :D yay! (Insert sarcasm)

Seriously, though both console and pc platforms have their ups and downs... consoles are made to be more comfortable (so you can play on them longer) pc's are easier to get games ( :twisted: ), to get them online, easier to develop a game on the pc then the console since you don't have to pay royalty fees. Mods as ive notice can turn 1 game into about 100+ other types of games, for fps you just can't beat the mouse. Um and all kind of things such as being easier to cheat on! yay! (Insert some more sarcasm). Not to mention putting multiplayer in a game that originally didn’t have any multiply! :shock::twisted: .

On topic: I don't think what was mentioned above is really possible without some kind of horrible conflicts. Though if it was I just may have to buy back my copy of gta 3 I sold >_< .

JVogel, You dont OWN the emulators???? Im confused, I own all of them, and wrote two of them ;)

BTW. Yes I do have NES emulator and SNES. Sorry for the insult.

SHIT!!!!!!!!!! How can I forget; Commodore 64 and Atari 2600 emulator, but you kiddies know nothing about that.LOLOLOLOLOL

LONG LIVE Atari 2600!!!!!!!

LONG LIVE emulation!!!!!!!

LONG LIVE renegade X!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

erm I had an Atari 2600 ET was great! and that game where you had to dodge missile that where shot at you with some kind of plane! lol and that other one with that car! I swear it was the first grand tursimo game!

I had about 100 - 1000 games for the commodore 64, ONe of my favorite was batty it played like break out.

hehe nice idea Mr. Bill

however it will not work....the ps2 games use a completely different coding system than pc's, hence the problems w/ emulation its like .elf files or smtn

renegade_x do u really have a working ps2 emu????? :?::!:

btw---this is the closest emulator for the ps2 that i have found and it doesn't work