Problems with some race maps :S

alyaz666

Hello !

I have a race server and a problem xD

When i have the resources to be downloaded from the actual server, everything works fine, but when i set the resources to be downloaded from an external web server, i get a CRC error on certant maps for downloading music.lua and the music.mp3 file, but this doesn't happen on EVERY map. I also have synched all of the maps with the external server so there are no differences in them. Help me :C

It's possible those CRCs occur on the client and only for you, so in that case you would need to defragment the harddrive on your own pc (not applicable for SSD's)

If it isn't and the server windows says it, then I suggest defragmenting the servers disk, after that then you should probably reupload those files. If you can't, remove those files, then upload some other files you don't care about first of about 10 mb total and then upload those music files. This hopefully puts those dontcarefiles physically on those corrupted spots and the music files will be on healthy spots.

It's really weird CRC fails for such small files though

So this happens on only one client, right? Then I think it seems pretty definitive and they/you should defragment the entire drive.

Just to be clear this does not mean formatting/deleting

Like so:

image_thumb_4.png

or

defragging.gif

Though by default Windows 7 automatically defragments every now and then. Are you on a different OS than Windows 7? Or are you on 7 but could the automatic defragmentation be disabled? If yes to both questions then this should probably fix it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...