IP Conflict

Guest Blague Furtive

:oops: Hi Everyone. I play Vice City with a friend in the same place, with the same outcoming ip. It seems that we can't be connected together because of this. Is there a solution ?

Nope it seems to be built into MTA not to allow more than one connection at a time from the same IP address.

Unless (and I don't know if this will work or not because I've never tried it), but you could try and run one of the computers through an anonymous proxy. That might give the other computer another IP address to work from.

give it a try...

I shared my dsl connection last week end...

We were 3, 2 guyz with me in LAN, just connected with a hub...

There were no problem @all...

All of us used ASE, all of us played in the same server...

There were no lag, but we had a few more crashs than usual (but really a few, not many)

EDIT : here are the setts we used on LAN :

- All on a same workgroup

- Dynamic IPs

- All comps under XP pro

- The connection were shared simply : properties/sharing/allow users blabla.....and that's all (no router, no Idunnowhat)

- All comps were AMD XP 2000+ with 1Gb RAM (me) and 512Gb (2 others)...

- My network is 100Mbps

I think I told u all I can...

Go to your default gateway ip, for current belkins it is 192.168.2.1 in internet explorer. there will be a section named special application ports, just put 2003 in one of the slots and enable it. for linksys, i think it's called port fowarding, for other routers, it will be something similar.

• 4 months later...

Robpol86 i know its not "legal" to bring up old thread and it also sucks . but it seemed like that person needed extra help with the subject . And i know that if he made a new thread people would flame him telling him to search ... so . the guy is kind of inside a "box"

I think they should include a reason on why they are bringing up old threads...

If you want to play with your friend in the same house use a router and a subnet. i have 2 computers in my basement, and both go through a router which come out to the internet as 1 IP. i figured that out when playing Call of Duty multiplayer which uses the CD key instead of the IP, but now I can't because of the new patch for it (damn PunkBuster!)

Sorry guys. Not trying to get my post count up (I don't care about that). It just sucks that I've done almost all I can to get a server running from behind a router - if I rip the bast out and connect directly then I have no trouble - but there goes my network. If I go to TvKe's Server page and find my IP address:port then my server shows up - just no-one can connect to it from outside. My mate was trying to do so last night. I've opened up ports 2003, 2126 and 4003 on the router's firewall, placed it in the DMZ (?) and even disable the firewall on the router but I have no joy.

It's right in saying that I didn't want to start a new thread - I was just wondering if there was anything I've missed.

Again, my apologies.

Me again. Slap me with a suitable hard object that comes to hand and then close this thread, I won't be posting again.

Right, here goes...

My problem was that I was running the hardware firewall AND ZoneAlarm (the free version) simultaneously. When I was directly connected to the cable modem ZoneAlarm was letting the traffic through, however once I viewed the ZoneAlarm log file I found it was blocking traffic to port 2003 which was intended for my local IP of 192.168.2.3.

I guess the combination of the two, and firewall configurations etc. was clashing so the router was letting people through but then ZoneAlarm was stopping them.

(Still doesn't explain why my mate couldn't get through yesterday when ZoneAlarm was off though...)

Anyhow, feel free to lock this thread, boot me out of the forums or whatever. All I wanted was this solved and I probably will not post again.

Apologies for being an arse and also thank you for getting me thinking on many different levels. :lol: