MTA remote server admin problem!?!

Guest VERMINATOR

Hi sorry to bother you all...

but i cant get the MTA remote server admin to work on my server, which is really annoying, my server is for LAN use but i dont mind people joining from the internet but when they do they just give me a load of greif swearing at me all saying i cheat!!!

when this happens i wish i could kick them out but i cant get the admin app. to work and the only thing i can do i disconnect everyone from my server :-(

please can somebody help me

Ok , after reading your problem i think i might have already found your problem, i think when you start up your server you dont set it so the admin tool can connect to it , you use the config tool to set the settings for your server im assuming, so look around there youll see the option to allow admin tool to connect and which port it will use ,thats the port your admin tool will connect to not the game port.

I hope this solves your problem.

hi thanks for your reply

i have allready gone through the server settings and i seen the section where it said admin tool enable or somthin, i didnt enable it because i thought it might give other people access to it, but i will try it ,thanks

thanks, i have set it now to use the admin app.

but now when i start the server up in the command screen it says on one of the lines

ERROR: Unable to bind to the socket

ADMINSERVER: Could not start the admin server.

the other command lines are fine

I think going to a good site that tells you how good your pc is protected against hackers/atttack would give you what ports are open or whichone you can use, i dont know one of those sites name right now but look for one, and im not sure if this way will give you your answer but its worth a try.

I use the default 2003 port

the game runs fine tho

The only other thing that could be wrong is the, server that i use to run the game is in a different directory than the Main GTAVC folder

e.g. my vice city gfame is:

C:\program files\Rockstar Games\

and my server is i a file elsewhere

C:\documents and settings\user\desktop\games\MTAVC\servers\Deathmatch game\

they are where my games are installed

i haven't seen this mentioned before, but this seems like as good a place as any to mention:

did anyone notice that netbus uses the same default port as mta?(2003)

this might give people problems with network security applications, but i havn't heard of anything like that yet.

I know what i will do:

I shall reinstall MTA into the vice city directory and put every thing to do with MTA in the main vice city folder :-) this might work?

I will try it later cos i am to tired at the moment its 4:21 am so i will do bout tea time, and i will post my progress

also i would like to thank all the Vice city gamers for helping me

thanks

hi i decided to do it earlier and i managed to get it to work!!!

all i did on the server config app. is change the default port from 2003 to 2000

and it says it sucessfull

thank ya'll for your help 8)

hahahah, that's why I asked you what port you were running your server admin on, because you can't use the same port that your mta server is on.

The DEFAULT port for the admin tool server is not 2003, that's the default port for the server itself.

So yeah, your only problem was that you were trying to run both the server, and the admin tool server on 2003.