-= MTA MOVIE COMPETITION =-

The movie comp has been thrown into disarray by the release of 0.3 with its extra animations etc.

We have 2 options, judge the 3 entries that where recieved but that will probably now not be offered on mtavc.com due to them being out of date or extend the competition and ask that there be mta 0.3 action featured.

If we go for the latter I have a few pointers for the previous entrants, the standard of two of the entries was superb but they still lacked in certain areas, namely showing the full range of activities possible in mta, the other, Curlies, was basically a long and rather dull car chase.

So, I'd like to hear from the previous entrants as to which way you would like to treat this as I understand you spent a lot of time working on your previous entries and splicing in new 0.3 action/starting over may be a lot toask.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my 2 cents about the comp...

If you want us to make a video using .3 I think it might be a good idea if you give us a design brief, Mr Bump...

Tell us exactly what you NEED included in the video. What functions to you want to show? I would be easier to make a video if we know exactly what is wanted from the MTA team...

It takes a LONG time to get shots that are worth using. I used 10 Gigs of raw footage to get 2 minutes of edited material. (and that took a month of playing to get the good bits I wanted) Knowing what you want would make it easier for us to be able to get those shots and organize people online to help out with it aswell.

In short:

- Give us a reasonable finish date (with reasonable I mean lot's of time so we can get the best shots and not end up with videos that are half assed and rushed, or thought of as a joke :wink: I need to work this video around my life, I'm a busy guy with little time on my hands...)

- Give us a design brief stating what MTA are expecting the video to include

I would also like to suggest that the MTA discuss the next release date for the next version of MTA (not for the public but for the team itself) so that a final date can be worked out where we don't get the same thing happen as last time where the new version came out at the same time as the comp finished, hence rendering our videos useless...

As for the guidelines you gave us at the start I believe my video included pretty much everything there so if I was missing something please tell me what so I know what to add this time...

If there is something special the MTA team are looking for in a video please tell us so that this can be included...

Just a last note...

With all these people making stunt videos, why are they not entering in this competition?

If the competition is still going... I'M IN!!!

Another idea would be to simply make it that if someone made a video to show off MTA let them send it to the MTA team and if they like if they just post it on the website. That way there will always be a forever changing list of MTA videos to download. If they're crap don't post them on the site... You might find that this way you'll get a better standard of videos being produced because there are no time or content limits imposed.

It's like a good cheese - it takes time to make something that leaves a nice taste in the mouth... :wink:

Movies should contain a mixture of mta action such as stunting, combat, driving, humour, matches, ffa, teamwork, mass brawls, flying, riding, running, menus, careers... you get the idea.

I think that was a pretty clear brief, the standard of the editing and the videos themselves were outstanding, I'm merely pointing out that one showed virtually no stunting, and would have won had it done so.

as for:

I would also like to suggest that the MTA discuss the next release date for the next version of MTA (not for the public but for the team itself) so that a final date can be worked out where we don't get the same thing happen as last time
That is patently rediculous, why do you think we dont like being asked release dates, and never set them? It's because we do not know when the next version will be ready. If you are suggesting we held back release of 0.3 merely to allow the videos in the competition to be 'current' then thats even more rediculous.
Give us a reasonable finish date (with reasonable I mean lot's of time so we can get the best shots and not end up with videos that are half assed and rushed, or thought of as a joke I need to work this video around my life, I'm a busy guy with little time on my hands...)

You where the one who pushed for a deadline to be set, I had been quite happy to leave it open until that point.

Hi guys,

havnt checked this thread in a while, been a bit busy setting up mta servers :P ...

So am I to take it that we need to make movies that are recorded in mta0.3??? If so then thats cool for us as the FMJ team were working on a 0.3 movie anyways, so we could just enter that instead of the one I already entered.

It wont be ready for about a week or so though, so will the competition still be up and running at that point???

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

OK guys,

I dont honestly know whether this competition is still going on or now, and I already entered a movie with MTA 0.2.2 powering it, but I have made another one since which is with MTA 0.3. I'll post here about it and anyone can watch it. If the competition is still going on then please enter it, if not then please enjoy it :) .

Here is the link: http://www.mta-fmj.com/movies/FMJ%20Movie%200.3.avi

cheers and I hope you like.

Edited by Guest

sorry pressed quote button instead of edit :?

OK guys,

I dont honestly know whether this competition is still going on or now, and I already entered a movie with MTA 0.2.2 powering it, but I have made another one since which is with MTA 0.3. I'll post here about it and anyone can watch it. If the competition is still going on then please enter it, if not then please enjoy it :) .

Here is the link: http://www.mta-fmj.com/movies/FMJ%20Movie%200.3.avi

cheers and I hope you like.