-= MTA MOVIE COMPETITION =-

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People PLEASE read my video compression tutorial!

http://forum.mtavc.com/viewtopic.php?t=5463

There is no reason for a 1-2 minute video to be anywhere larger than 4 or 5 megs...

EDIT: I just checked out the above video. Dude, with the quality settings you are using for your MPEG I recommend you re-encode it with DIVX. I could easily cram that whole video into under 4 MB at the the SAME visual quality...

P.S. Did I see some spawn camping at the airport going on? tsk tsk. 8)

Edited by Guest

I uploaded and downloaded it with no problems... (curly's video). What I did notice when I downloaded the large one is that the server reset the connection halfway through the file transfer. I used getright and it worked fine.

hahaha, yeah curly, considering urs is like the only good one finished! LOL

Just wait! I'm almost done :wink: That's all I'm going to say for the moment :twisted:

Just checked Curly's video again... No problems downloading here!

I had problems with the last video post too. I installed the NEW DivX 5.1 and it seemed to work (I deleted it yesterday because I had a retarded moment).

I know curly's video is encoded using 5.1 because I did that for curly myself.

EDIT: If media player is being a bitch, remember to try the DivX's "The Playa"

Edited by Guest

Hmm i have that, and yet both yours and curlies play with a lot of graphical mess (random coloured boxes) and skipping sound in media player, power dvd, windvd. and with perfect pisture yet at 1/2 speed and broken sound in virtualdub

I fuggin HATE codecs

have you tried the divx playa? It always works if media player (and any other program that uses the media player API to play avi's) play's with encoding errors.

Another suggestion (this is going to sound real stupid): scandisk and defrag your machine... I've watched both videos no errors no problems using windows media player 9...

Im out, I cant get the last shots filmed, everytime I set it up some hacker/cheater come in and ruins the shot. I cant take it anymore been trying for 2 weeks now and it seams the cheating is getting worse.

I'll wait till MTA v0.3 come out then I'll make a MEGA movie ya :D

So, step up the the plate guys, show me what ya got.

Good luck to ya all

PONCH!!, Did you watch my vid yet?